Football Thread 2012/13

Yeah, we were so lucky to win it. Kone was onside for the goal that was ruled out. we've definitely regressed as a team under Laudrup, we play too narrow and try too many through balls when we should just keep the ball and move it about. It results in us losing the ball too often and putting our defence under unnecessary pressure.

Michu is probably buy of the season though, he's amazing and did really well as a false #9 today.

Holy shit.

Just turned onto Dep vs Barca. 3-4 to Barca now after an awesome free kick! Wow. I hope there's a repeat...

47 mins gone still a half to go!

Wow! Barca down to 10 after Mascherano sent off for a second yellow which was nothing!!

The Barca game has been great up until the sending off. It's been a bit disappointing after that, if it had remained 11vs11 I think we could have been looking at a bigger scoreline.

Mascherano should not have been sent off for that and Riki's theatrics were laughable.

How many goals do Man Utd score from out wide, crosses into the box? They have a really basic way of playing that no one ever does anything about

I'd say Ferguson has probably paid off all the other Premiership managers to gloss over it

Watched the Corsican derby earlier on between Ajaccio and Bastia. Totally mental game, more in common with a rugby match than a football game. Ended up 0-0 with a red card apiece, and it could have been much more. The atmosphere was amazing though, really small stadium in a lovely spot, and the crowd were enthusiastic to the point of rioting after the sendings off. Closest I've seen to a Argentinian game in Europe.

The guy (Aaron Crawley) who shoved Kirkland in the face during the Sheffield Wednesday vs. Leeds game just got 16 weeks in jail, with another 5 year football banning order.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ngland-20025830

cos that worked out well for him last time

{Cawley) took part in a terrifying riot in 2007 which saw disabled opposition fans pelted with missiles... (and) was barred from every ground for three years with 12 other fans. However, he was later caught breaching his ban THREE times.