Football Thread 2012/13

Winning a penalty, knowingly appealing to have a legitimate goal ruled offside: I see little difference in the two.

Diving- cheating, is not the same as sticking your hand in the air and appealing for an offside when you are a defender and the guy you are calling offside could be on your blind side. Purposely falling over when not touched to win a scoring chance is wrong, flicking your leg out to pretend a player catches you is just as bad too.

Clear penalty. Wait until you see it before commenting. He was caught by the defender.

Idiotic commentary on something you haven't seen.

MOTD makes me laugh, Hazard diving is a 'clear penalty', Wellbeck's dive is hardly mentioned and Suarez is not mentioned at all by Shearer or Hansen but the commentator states its a 'blatant dive'- when it's the clearest penalty of the 3.

Jokers!

Diving- cheating, is not the same as sticking your hand in the air and appealing for an offside when you are a defender and the guy you are calling offside could be on your blind side.

Except in the example I was addressing he was looking straight at the onside player that he alone was blatantly playing onside while the rest of the defence was doing its job, so I'm not interested in 'could'.

Simulation is just part of the game now. Every team does it, and there is some irony in the fact that fans only make a big deal of it when the player doing it hasn't actually executed it well and so it's blatant. Welbeck made a mess of that dive, though still fooled the referee due to him being in a bad position to judge it.

Everyone dives. It used to be just a few strikers in the box trying to get a penalty, then people tried to convince themselves it was just those naughty foreigners, now everyone does it all over the pitch. It's a shitty side to the game but unless they make the sanctions (straight red?) worse than the potential reward (match-winning penalty?) people will continue to do it.

Arguing who dives more often and whose dives are worse is making the handshake discussion seem interesting.

Yup. Seems to me that the only thing you can do about it now without looking like a blinkered, delusional mentalist (unless you happen to be one of the game's governing bodies, in which case you should really be looking into doing something about this* and not on rllmuk) is to look a bit embarassed when your team does it and be (not so) quietly aggrieved (but realistic about) when it happens to you.

That actually applies to a lot of the stuff that happens at football, doesn't it?

* And the imaginary card-waving. And the frankly ridiculous thing with being cautioned for removing your shirt whilst celebrating. And players rolling around pretending to be injured. Or crowding the referees. And so on...

Whilst the subject of being carded for taking your shirt off when celebrating, I've grown incredibly tired of all of these choreographed celebrations that have been brought in. I know a striker wants to be remembered for an "iconic" celebration but whats wrong with a "jump in the air and pump your fist" or a slide on your knees? Shearer's "raised hand" became as famous as it is purely because he was so good at doing his job, show me some passion not a Britains Got Talent audition.

Dear user,

I am writing this email to you to let you know that Liveonlinefooty is

closing down and will be moving to a new domain called www.bitscores.com

Why are we doing this you may ask, well Liveonlinefooty is a very popular

name in the online streaming world and we want to pull the plug on this

before the site may get shut down out of our own control and lose all you

guys for good and no way do we want that to happen.

We are looking after our members who are only currently subscribed to a

Silver Package (two month pass) or a season ticket. The members without a

current subscription will not have been sent this email.

So to protect the future of our outstanding service please keep this new

website to your self.

Will anything change?

Nothing will change, your details within the database stays the same you

will just use it via the new site "BitScores"

you can login as normal on the new website

www.bitscores.com

and also www.dhmediahosting.com/amember/

This change will happen on

Wednesday 19th September @ 8:00am (please bookmark www.bitscores.com)

We also will not be accepting any new future customers on BitScores.com

The site will stay private

First they removed the ability to pay via PayPal and google checkout. And now this.

Despite all of the flawless streams last season looks like i need to find another good soutce for matches.. this just feels a bit too dodgy to be giving them my cc details directly.

Yep, that's why I haven't subscribed to them this season. I've never heard of the new pay portal and I'm not willing to give them my details, as you said. It's also why I didn't want to subscribe to their season ticket during the summer, because there's absolutely no guarantee they'll see out the season.

I'm sticking with Sopcast, even though I still can't get it to work on my PS3.

I was on flashsportstreams until recently but it looks like the owner of that site has done a runner. Man, you just can’t trust illegal internet streamers these days.

I’ve signed up for starstreams.tv (I think that’s the address – in work, can’t check). They accept Paypal and have been really good so far. Expensive though, €8 a month.

First they removed the ability to pay via PayPal and google checkout. And now this.

Despite all of the flawless streams last season looks like i need to find another good soutce for matches.. this just feels a bit too dodgy to be giving them my cc details directly.

so go to Clintons, and buy one of those pre-paid Mastercards