Official Star Wars Thread - May the force be with you

When it comes to showing Star Wars to my kids I’m considering going straight to Clone Wars after the OT. It’s so much better than the Prequels in terms of character development. Maybe squeeze the Prequels in before Season 7? That would work.

Got a few years to figure it out, one’s two and the other one isn’t arriving till June. I think it’s sensible that this matter is second on the list of priorities after which nursery they’ll go to.

3 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

When it comes to showing Star Wars to my kids I’m considering going straight to Clone Wars after the OT. It’s so much better than the Prequels in terms of character development. Maybe squeeze the Prequels in before Season 7? That would work.

Kids won't give a shit about character development. Episode 1 has got a kid as the central character and a funny alien who falls over a lot. They'll love it.

Everyone who complained about The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker needs to watch the Maggie Simpson crossover to see just how bad Star Wars spin offs can really get.

3 hours ago, womblingfree said:

Filming is underway for Andor on Cleveleys beach, Blackpool. 

824C3878-3BFA-4A33-A5F8-C313F938E5B4.jpeg

76D380E5-688E-43C3-BECA-89548E9F4CBA.jpeg

D4F8F6AC-B978-4351-9EFF-1EF0E716EBF0.jpeg

83EFD952-8D51-4EE8-AF31-6FA0F30FF89B.jpeg

I thought this was one of SeanR’s joke posts and scanned the photo sequence a few times looking for the punchline.  

I wonder why they’re doing an Andor series? He was totally miscast and was one of the worst characters out of the latest Star Wars stuff. Hopefully they can swing it round with this.

22 minutes ago, JPL said:

I wonder why they’re doing an Andor series? He was totally miscast and was one of the worst characters out of the latest Star Wars stuff. Hopefully they can swing it round with this.

The same way they did a Wanda/Vision and Falcon/Bucky TV shows. The characters aren't anywhere near as well rounded in the films as the main cast so there's more scope to add stuff. 

He’s also dead.

Judging by the Shoretrooper in the set photo above, the show is going to be set on Scarif in the hour or two prior to his demise. Doesn’t leave them a lot of room for narrative expansion. Unless it’s a twist like the movie ‘Predator’? It was titled after the alien but the alien isn’t the main character and doesn’t show up until the end. So here they tell most of the story from the perspective of a random trooper just doing his daily empire business, and Cassian Andor turns up in the finale (only to be defeated in the last act by a blast from the Death Star)?

4 minutes ago, Darwock said:

He’s also dead.

Judging by the Shoretrooper in the set photo above, the show is going to be set on Scarif in the hour or two prior to his demise. Doesn’t leave them a lot of room for narrative expansion. Unless it’s a twist like the movie ‘Predator’? It was titled after the alien but the alien isn’t the main character and doesn’t show up until the end. So here they tell most of the story from the perspective of a random trooper just doing his daily empire business, and Cassian Andor turns up in the finale (only to be defeated in the last act by a blast from the Death Star)?

I’d be amazed if it’s set on Scarif. It’s much more likely that this will be about his missions before R1 as a rebel agent/spy, doing some of the “terrible things” for the rebellion he referred to. That seems like much more fertile ground for a series, rather than the five minute window between him falling off the tower’o’tapes and reappearing at the top to shoot Krennic.

They didn’t fully explore what he did in the time between getting off the ship and making his way to the tape tower though. How many officers did he have to KO before he found one with a uniform the right size? Did he need help with the zip? And so on.

How *did* he manage to climb back up the tower after that nasty fall? These are questions the fandom probably want spelled out for them in excruciating detail. Along with why he’s called Cassian Andor.

Maybe he was going through a pre-flight checkpoint and was told he could bring in one item of hand luggage AND/OR a stowable CASE. So he started using it as his name. CASE-IAN AND/OR.

It will reveal that he was actually raised by Ewoks and changed the first letter of his surname to avoid racism and have more opportunities for progression in the Rebel Alliance.

ROFL, do you even Star Wars bro?

The Ewoks lived on the forest moon of Endor, not Endor itself. LMAO!

So you’re saying his full name is Cassian Forest-moon-of-Andor. LOL!

57 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

The same way they did a Wanda/Vision and Falcon/Bucky TV shows. The characters aren't anywhere near as well rounded in the films as the main cast so there's more scope to add stuff. 

True, but he was so bland and unconvincing in Rogue One, I think they’ve got a job on their hands to do something good with him.

11 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

The forest moon of Endor is also called Endor & is situated (obviously) beside the planet Endor in the Endor system. 

Next you’ll be telling me Yavin IV was the fourth moon of the planet Yavin IV in the Yavin IV system.

1 hour ago, Harsin said:

It will reveal that he was actually raised by Ewoks and changed the first letter of his surname to avoid racism and have more opportunities for progression in the Rebel Alliance.

Fuck Kathleen Kennedy. Fuck Disney.

#MAGA #WeLoveCaraDune 

Perhaps in one of the episodes he breaks his leg, and has to recuperate in an apartment on Coruscant overlooking the senate building. While looking out of the window through his macrobinoculars one day, he witnesses a Jedi Master being thrown to his death from the Supreme Chancellor's office. They could call it The Day Mace Got Defenestrated.

36 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Y'all watched and enjoyed Clone Wars in the knowledge that both the main characters are as dead as they get. 

O RLY?

spacer.png

26 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

I mean...they’re still dead. 

spacer.png

I know that we have all seen the same footage of these individuals supposedly dying. But I have sworn statements that individuals witnessed Mr Skywalker interacting with physical objects after he supposedly departed this mortal plane. I also have CCTV footage of Mr Yoda calling down lightning, much like the Marvel superhero Thor, to vandalise a tree. Mr Kenobi was heard to state that he was going to become 'more powerful than you can possibly imagine' just before his alleged murder. Now I may not be a big city lawyer, but I ask you ladies and gentlemen of the jury, do these sound like dead people to you?