Daley

Game of Thrones - No Book Chat. NONE. The Books don't exist.

I'm not surprised. It feels like almost everyone I know is now watching Game of Thrones, even by those who don't usually care for fantasy.

Also is online streaming (legal, as in HBO Go) taking into account? If not then that does make those results more impressive.

I came across this article from that link which I found hilarious. Lily Allen (Alfie Allen's sister) claimed to be offered a 'cameo' as Theon's sister (Yara) but said no because they had to feel each other.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s151/game-of-thrones/news/a575055/game-of-thrones-alfie-allen-denies-lily-allens-incestuous-cameo-claim.html#~oGoohEMusEary9

Yeah, it was a close call that one.

I read that she thought her brother was a bit of a loser and had no chance of getting the part of Theon. There’s some song she wrote that is dedicated to him about how all he does all day is sit in his room playing videogames and wanking.

He really is brilliant in GOT.

I really want Theon to turn on Roose. I think if he ever does, it'll make the Hotel O'Brien incident look like a fight between Mr Tumble and Iggle Piggle.

Ironborn lose their +2 modifiers to attack and defence when they are on land.

There's rules and cards in the Game of Thrones board game that actually mimic this when you play as the Ironborn.

The Hound:

Total fake-out. The parallels with businessman Carl Dhrogo's death are too obvious. He might die, but it won't be because of an infection

Can't see it myself. He'll go down to the infection, it's just a case of how Arya resolves it on her list.

I thought that one way she could tick him off her list is to say that 'The Hound' is dead, but Sandor Clegane still lives. I dunno, like if he actually did something honourable or otherwise atone for his crimes, as she perceives them. But that's not the GRRM way. He'll probably die screaming in flames.

I think it's likely they'll have a showdown with Brienne/Pod and that Arya will wind up putting a mortally-wounded Hound out of his misery, allowing her to cross him off her list in a respectful fashion.

Aye the scene where the hound puts the other chap out of his misery seems to point heavily to Arya running him through.

that's my thoughts too...

although I still can't understand by Brienne and The Hound would start fighting.

Oh yeah. Still, she's not part of her mission either way.

I thought Arya was part of Brienne's mission, only that everyone presumed Arya was dead so she was focusing on finding Sansa.

The Hound is holding her for ransom. I don't think Brienne has the money to pay for Arya. Even if she had, I doubt she would pay the Hound.

Brienne isn't exactly the sort who'd say "hey, I only swore to protect one Stark daughter, so in accordance with the letter of my oath I will ignore Arya" is she?

The Hound is holding her for ransom. I don't think Brienne has the money to pay for Arya. Even if she had, I doubt she would pay the Hound.

The Hound won't get any ransom now so presumably he'll either leave her alone or Arya will want to go with him.

Brienne isn't exactly the sort who'd say "hey, I only swore to protect one Stark daughter, so in accordance with the letter of my oath I will ignore Arya" is she?

Nobody is after Arya, though.

The Hound wanted money for Arya, but he quite likes her now and wants to look after her. Sansa has become Little Miss Finger. Brienne arrives to take Sansa back, Littlefinger isn't having it. Arya wants to stay with Sansa, The Hound fights Brienne to stop her taking Sansa...

Brienne beats the hound.

Arya kills the hound as he lies dying and stuff.

But having said that, Brienne has no intention of taking Sansa back to King's Landing - just to protect her. Unless she knows of Littlefinger's evil ways, she might get up to there and go 'oh well, you're safe here, I'll hang about and help you stay safe...'

hmmmm

Oh yeah. Still, she's not part of her mission either way.

Yes she is, Brienne swore to Catelyn she would get 'the girls' back in return for Jaime, it wasn't until she arrived in Kings Landing that it became apparent that Arya had been missing presumed dead for over a year.

And of course people will be after Arya, she's a heir to Winterfell, the Lannisters and the Boltons are going to want her safely under lock and key/married off to their own/killed, especially if Sansa is now assumed to be a traitor involved in regicide.

• Upvote 1

Except The Hound just announced who she is to the knights guarding the Bloody Gate. Considering how fast news seems to travel in Show-Westeros, I wouldn't be surprised if the Boltons - who have already sent Locke up North to capture/kill Bran and Rickon, so that they can rule the North without issue* - find out about her and make it a priority to deal with her.

*They don't yet that he got Hodor'd to death though.