Rex Grossman

Major League Baseball

10 hours ago, Salsa Party Animal said:

Baseball stuff :)

Ive been to Fenway Park and its well worth going to. My dad and I got tickets for the concourse so we could wander about during the game. A seat sounded a good idea but the were old wooden things and looked pretty uncomfortable.

Theres an awesome bar called Tequila Rain iirc right next to the stadium and its worth a visit for food and drink. If you dont like sexy waitresses in vests, 70s small sports shorts and knee high socks then id give it a miss.

Edit: its bloody closed down :(

• Upvote 1

We will probably get some MLB games in London in 2019, hopefully it might become a regular thing.  Baseball can afford a shift a few games abroad much better than the NFL.  Not sure about having it at the London Stadium, even though it would be very convenient for me.  I've never seen baseball in an oval ground, feels a bit too much like cricket.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/baseball/43473214  

Season opener tomorrow, first time every single team is playing it since the 50s, for whatever reason.

Anyway, I'm going to be really unpopular in work wearing my Cards shirt tomorrow. This is deep Cubs country.

We're away to the Mets. Suspect we'll go 0-1.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the heads up i would have missed it. Houston won last year iirc against the Dodgers?

Its so cool how fans mix together in America, SF Giants and LA Dodgers maybe not anymore, but generally its workable unlike here.

Aye, Astros v Dodgers. Hell of  a series. 

Actually, I've noticed that a lot with US sport. I mean, you'll have your bitter rivals, but generally fans mingle OK. That's what always makes me laugh when they play up rivalry here - I'm coming from watching Old Firm games, or seeing shenanigans break out at a Milan derby. Rivalries here feel almost fabricated for TV ratings.

Its possible im making it up but im sure i saw American soccer teams are starting to have "firms" building up :lol:

Cubs received the first pitch of the season, and scored a home run off it. Nrgh.

Cards went down 9-4 to the Mets. Extra annoying because the game was blacked out on Fox for me. St Louis is 4.5 hours drive away, but I'm "in market' still. 

Red Sox have just blown a 4 run lead in the 8th. Like last year Sale has been completely let down by the bullpen again.

Ohtani v Red Sox tonight should be interesting, a sensational start of the season for both, but I feel that it'll probably cement what a talent Ohtani is and he'll be called the new Babe Ruth or something.

Not MLB, but I recently went to a game while I was in Tokyo. It was a pretty decent standard and in my opinion the atmosphere overall was better than most games I’ve been to in the states. It was all very well behaved in the stands with both sets of fans taking it in turns to chant when their team was at bat. 

Was it the Yakult Swallows?

I saw them a few years ago and everyone getting their umbrellas out was a bizarre and wonderful moment.

No, it was Yomiuri Giants at home to Yokohama DeNA BayStars in the Tokyo Dome. I’m not usually a fan of indoor games, but really enjoyed this one.

I didn't know players could be sent off in baseball. The audio is amazing here and when the grey-haired Joe Pesci look-a-like turns up it gets hilerious. NSFW language.