Sign in to follow this  
Harsin

Assassin's Creed III - More Bugs Than Starship Troopers

Apparently Ubisoft will be streaming gameplay footage here in about 30 minutes. Be careful about clicking that link any earlier, though, as you might accidently end up watching an uninterested Fragdoll interviewing someone that can't say anything.

Edit: Okay, apparently the gameplay's going to appear on a Facebook page instead. In other words: wait for a YouTube embed like a sensible person.

Edit 2: Or maybe there is no stream and this was nothing but a depressing reminder that the Fragdolls are a thing that exists. Thanks, internet. :hmm:

Don't see any announcements on official AC twitter/FB, but from what I gather there was gameplay at PAX east so maybe someone recorded that?

Oh, it turned out to be a misunderstanding on the part of the Assassin's Creed Wiki.

Funnily enough a low quality direct feed of the PAX footage did leak, though; there's a handful of screen grabs available — like this — but not the actual footage as far as I can tell. I imagine Ubisoft will release the video themselves soon enough.

What the hell is up with the guy in the top right corner :lol:

"Toasty!"

I'd chalk it up to ragdoll corpses not being in place, as evidenced here:

ac-iii_in-game_1.jpg

Perhaps they've disabled them to redirect console resources, or maybe it's a feature that simply hasn't been implemented yet. I imagine the game will look a lot better in motion, in either case.

Never did like Assassins Creed 1 and gave up on it (the science fiction element turned me off a bit), therefore I never played 2. The Game of the Year edition of the 2nd one is about a tenner on Amazon right now. Worth picking up?

A lot of people that strongly disliked the first game love the second. For the pittance it goes for there's really no excuse not to give it a shot. Hell, the soundtrack alone is worth the asking price!

I liked the first game enough to complete it, but it was repetitive and flawed. As a result, I skipped the sequel until I saw it cheap, and I'm glad I got back into the series - it was awesome.

I hated AC1 and avoided the series for 3 years until Brotherhood came out and looked pretty decent. Got 2 and was utterly hooked.

AC2 and Brotherhood are fantastic games. If you love them, you'll like Revelations but it's not as satisfying.

I think it looks pretty boring. Same old thing actually (and now it really has become old), bar some small new things.

Combat looks like it's going to be the same an graphics are pretty sub par now. The aliasing was simply awful. And if I judge by Revelations, we won't be able to enjoy vsync either, unless of course we go for the PC version.

Very underwhelming.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I think it's pretty inevitable that you're going to end up assassinating colonials, too, Ubisoft are probably just holding on to that aspect to stir up 'controversy' nearer to launch. The story's supposed to take place over 30 years, after all.

Anyway, the trailer looked really good. Combat especially looks much less stilted; carrying momentum through attacks makes a world of difference.

Can't watch it at work but is it still looking like 'British = Bad; America = FUCK YEAH!'?

Just take a trip to Boston. Pretty much every street corner has a plaque saying something like 'this is where the perfidious English shot X brave freedom fighters/a class of schoolchildren picking daisies/some PUPPIES'. Total guilt trip.

I think it looks pretty boring. Same old thing actually (and now it really has become old), bar some small new things.

It does look the same thing but OMG he goes *through* a building to do those generic things. AND he does them to a BEAR in the SNOW.