rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Sabreman

Frequency

I bought it yesterday finally, was secondhand in the shop, because I really cannot find a new copy of it anywhere...

Luckily it's in pretty good condition and costed only 12,50 Euro (approx 8,36 pounds ) !

I immediately played it for hours so much fun ! :D Of course, after a while I was just so tired that I just couldn't do it anymore, and played more this morning and it's absolutely an amazing experience when your fingers just move so fast to what's going on on the screen, almost without thinking.

Not that I'm that far yet, I'm playing advanced now, and I think my highest score is only like 311 or something :D

But it's definitely caught me, I like it a lot.

I also saw Amplitude but that was about 56 Euro ( approx. 37,5 Pounds ), and wasn't sure about that.... I knew they are different, and that Amplitude is supposed to be easier, franki told me so also.

I read in the ign review of Amplitude that it's possible to play online, can anyone confirm that's available here in PAL land?

I hope to post back here with some actual high-scores, when I'm better :wub:

Welcome to the party.

PAL [i]Amplitude[/i] is indeed also online and last time we checked, our dear own Hardwired was the Daddy of All as the No.1 player online over here. As for the game itself, it is easier but it's also fundamentally broken in comparison, relying much more on luck than its predecessor. That's not to say it's not good - on the contrary, it's still very enjoyable - but ultimately, it's not a patch on [i]Frequency[/i].

aha, the rev. joins. good, i need someone more at my level to compete with, you guys are outta reach at the moment & me and rev go all the way back to rez hiscores. i just returned to freq. a couple of nights ago and after reading here, decided to take on BT. played it once on normal, once on advanced then moved to expert, suddenly i can't finish it. damn. anyway, a few more tries and it's settling in so another night and i'll be one with it. will post scores to taunt rev. with :unsure:

rev, you are using the shoulder button layout, right? see Sabreman's avatar for details:

sabreman.gif

aha, the rev. joins. good, i need someone more at my level to compete with, you guys are outta reach at the moment & me and rev go all the way back to rez hiscores. i just returned to freq. a couple of nights ago and after reading here, decided to take on BT. played it once on normal, once on advanced then moved to expert, suddenly i can't finish it. damn. anyway, a few more tries and it's settling in so another night and i'll be one with it. will post scores to taunt rev. with  :(

:unsure:

rev, you are using the shoulder button layout, right? see Sabreman's avatar for details:

sabreman.gif

Actually, so far I've only played with the set-up L1 for left, triangle for the middle, and R2 for the right.

I'll try to play it with the shoulderbutton lay-out, see if that works out for me.

To pull this back up before it disappears, here',s some of my updated scores.

Akrobatik - 1483

Orbit - 1981

Freezepop - 2363

Dub Pistols - 1322

Lo-Fidelity Allstars - 1216

Powerman 5000 - 1539

(I',m 2 points away from bumping Sabreman off BT :P)

DJ HMX - 1176

I've not got a PS2 anymore, and the PS3 pad just isn't the same. <_<

Astoundingly, about a year or so ago I played for a few hours one night and beat my Lo Fi's in Ibiza score.

I strongly recommend the PSP Rock Band to anyone hankering for a bit of old school Harmonix. Less Talk More Rokk is the best Freezepop song ever.

A friend told me earlier the hideous new PSP is barely cheaper than a PS3 these days? If I can get one of the original ones, I might just check it out, you're not the first person to mention it in favourable terms.

As for the pads, I never managed to break in my replacement DualShock, it always felt off for some reason. Hmph.

I never did crack 3000, and forces conspire against me trying. Mainly because the game doesn't work properly on my HDTV - it lags weirdly and makes it basically impossible to play. I have been consoling myself with Rock Band Unplugged, which is pretty great despite some technical hiccups.

That, and drumming my arms off on actual Rock Band <_<

Whatever happened to that Freq meet eh?

Wait, I'm the only one still living in Ipswich. In no way is that depressing.

I'll move into your spare room if you like?

I just went though this thread and I didn't actually post any scores which leads me to believe I wasn't very good. I'm very tempted to play tomorrow until I beat Jolly's scores.

I just found mine and Plums scores on scraps of paper... the memories.

If that score board was kept up to date in the OP I should be on there a few times, but I never got 3000 on BT! 2859... now my revisiting has a mission attached.

I'm pretty sure you did...I could have sworn there was about three months where I was the only Anky roader yet to crack it. Drove me mental.

Not that I'm overly competitive or anything...

Anyway, had a crack at this a month or so ago as we were packing away the spare room to make way for the little 'un. I was bloody awful.

Frequency is now in storage in the loft. You will be missed.

:blink: