The terrifying, never-ending (old) Star Trek thread - new movies and Discovery talk in the other, dedicated threads

I just watched Voyager episode nemesis which I really liked and had the great line at the end; "I wish it were as easy to stop hating as it was to start". 

Also had that nice thing that they don't really do enough (like in darmok) where the alien planet's inhabitants speak English but in a slightly weird way. Good bit of trek with some 'Nam type nods.

Although I was a bit disappointed the aliens looked exactly like nausiccans but apparently weren't. And that none of them said "PLAY DAMJAT, HUMAN"

I realise my spelling of a few things was probably wrong but hey ho.

Extinction from S3 of Enterprise. This is a stinker. 

Skipped. I can't recall much of the first four episodes of S1, but everything in that and S2 is better than this daft pile of shit. 

Just finished watching "Eye of the Needle" on Voyager and I find myself enjoying the series more the second time around. The temporal displacement angle could be guessed quite easily but I liked it overall, and the scenes between Kes and the Doctor were sweet.

Jury's still out on Janeway but I'm liking Mulgrew more as a captain too. Being isolated by the chain of command wasn't really something I'd given much thought to before, even though we see it in characters like Picard.

• Upvote 1

Onto Season 2 of Enterprise now. The most remarkable thing about it so far is how effortlessly it isn't Discovery.

The casual sexism in some episodes is a bit off though. I suspect they were trying to be more "sexy" than previous Trek but it comes across as crass these days. TNG was definitely ahead of things at times with this stuff, as you'd never have crew making suggestive comments about their colleagues in the same way.

The TNG way is to be polite and respectful to your colleagues in person and then pop down to the holodeck when your shift ends and smash a digital simulacrum of them 8 ways from Sunday,

spacer.png

spacer.png

You know, I wasnt all that enamoured with this Expanse plot in S3 to begun with. It's a military operation; I preferred the exploration of the first two seasons. However, it's got into a groove now, and some of the episodes have been excellent, genuinely excellent.

That said, it's now in the wild West... Er... 

Malcolm is such a fucking klutz

Spoiler

Leaving tech behind so they have to go back and then effectively most likely triggering a new arms race when they pretend to be genetically modified soldiers after being captured. Wtf.

21 hours ago, Benny said:

Loved the S2 repair station ep that was 

Reveal hidden contents

actually a zombie station. That eats Braaaaaaains.

That's my favourite episode of Enterprise. Not sure why as it's not a particularly innovative plot or anything. I just really enjoyed the delivery of it. Reminded me of a the Red Dwarf episode Legion.

So the age old question...who would be your crew..

Captain - Kirk

First Officer - Riker

Second Officer - Data

Science - Spock

Medical - Bones with EMH backup

Security - Odo

Helmsman - Paris

Engineer - Trip

Counsellor - Troi

Misc - 7 of 9

Captain - Riker

First Officer - Kira

Second Officer - Data

Science - Jadzia Dax

Medical - Phlox

Security - Yar

Helmsman - Sulu

Engineer - Scotty

Counsellor - Worf

Misc - Ensign Ro

Spoiler

All aboard Riker's party barge.

11 minutes ago, Benny said:

Captain - Riker

First Officer - Kira

Second Officer - Data

Science - Jadzia Dax

Medical - Phlox

Security - Yar

Helmsman - Sulu

Engineer - Scotty

Counsellor - Worf

Misc - Ensign Ro

Reveal hidden contents

All aboard Riker's party barge.

Yar????

She was bloody terrible. Although extra points for worf as counsellor so you're forgiven. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, b00dles said:

Yar????

She was bloody terrible. Although extra points for worf as counsellor so you're forgiven. 

Well, someone is definitely going to die on that ship so I picked the obvious choice.

1 minute ago, Benny said:

Well, someone is definitely going to die on that ship so I picked the obvious choice.

Aha. Good thinking. 

I'd definitely have O'Brien doing his tng job of hanging about the transporter room all day in case something needed transporting.

If someone is inevitably going to die though, I'd hire Neelix as cannon fodder. 

Bonus vessel of wanting to space yourself sheer horror:

Spoiler

Captain - Michael Burnham

First Officer - Malcolm Reed

Science - Tilly

Medical - Bashir

Security - Nog

Helmsman - Wesley

Engineer - O'Brien

Counsellor - Neelix

Misc - Lwaxana Troi

• Upvote 5
4 minutes ago, Benny said:

Bonus vessel of wanting to space yourself sheer horror:

Hide contents

Captain - Michael Burnham

First Officer - Malcolm Reed

Science - Tilly

Medical - Bashir

Security - Nog

Helmsman - Wesley

Engineer - O'Brien

Counsellor - Neelix

Misc - Lwaxana Troi

Lwaxana as captain with holo lwaxana's in every other position for maximum terror. Neelix as ship's computer.