Fortnite: Battle Royale Mode

On 22/12/2019 at 22:10, Ivanho said:

It is possible to do solo.  I finished all the challenges yesterday and did the lot by myself.  The hard bit was finding a Saber or Sniper Rifle to take them out with.

(Still hoping they leave the Sabers in, they are just so much fun!)

Cheers for the tip, I got it done easily in a couple of games at this spot!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone still playing this? After a year off I started playing around NYE. I'm enjoying chapter 2 a lot as it seems to have dropped a lot of the goofy items/transport methods and seems more like the original few seasons at the moment.

However, how prevalent are bots now? I understand thats a new thing in Fortnite but i'm getting at least 6-8 kills a game now and sometimes the other players just seem moronic.

I mean, already in less than 1 week I got 2 battle royale wins and also a win in squads. It just seems a little easier. 

Yeah I still play, I really like season 2 for precisely the reasons you stated - it feels more like it used to be with the simpler loot pool and less gimmicks.

Bots is an odd one, some people really hate that they exist at all, others aren't bothered by them. I don't mind them, I'd rather encounter a few bots and get some free loot than just get instantly kerb stomped by the first human I come across :lol:

It’s skill based matchmaking in solos so if you are new or not played lots/for a while you will get lots of bits and an easier pool of actual players, the better you get the harder the opponents get and the less bots you see!

Squads has always been easier and isn’t skill based matchmaking 

• 2 weeks later...

I got my first solo win the other day, after 152 hours playing(airing to that ps wrap up thing) My heart was pounding by the end.

Really enjoying the changes they've made in chapter 2. Thought it was getting a bit messy by the end of season x. 

Congrats! It's a good feeling!

I got a solo win the other day, the shine was taken off it a bit by the fact that after eliminating the 3rd place guy, I spotted the last opponent just as they died in the storm.

Watched the replay and it was a bot, ran into the storm for no obvious reason and tried to apply a medkit :rolleyes:

I forgot to watch the replay! :rolleyes:

I'm pretty confident the last few at least weren't bots, the last guy had built above me so I was shooting up trying to get him to fall and just caught him on the edge of a platform. 

I still haven't got the hang of building. I very rarely do any, reckon I do pretty well considering. 

763574325_Screenshot_20200117-1328072.thumb.jpg.c316672aa70b090ef94b4668d9aee7c1.jpg

If anyone's looking to try and complete the prestige stretch goals challenges, the One Shot mode that's currently in is a great way to finish the "catch weapons from fishing spots" one. Each fishing spot nets you nothing but sniper rifles. I got 50 weapons to complete it in a couple of games, the xp got me 8 or 9 levels. Now on level 270-something, trying to get to 345 or thereabouts to get the fully corrupted Scratch skin!

My son wagered a pro fortnite player tonight live on stream on youtube and beat him 3-0, it was only a small wager $10 but he's been trying to get recognised and into an esports org and we've been told he needs to take a chance against these guys with 25k youtube or twitch subs, after the fight the guy asked him what his 'earnings' were on Fortnite and couldn't believe it when my son said he's not won any money yet.

It's done wonders for his confidence, hopefully he cracks it this year and makes it to the world cup!

On 21/01/2020 at 07:02, gooner4life said:

My son wagered a pro fortnite player tonight live on stream on youtube and beat him 3-0, it was only a small wager $10 but he's been trying to get recognised and into an esports org and we've been told he needs to take a chance against these guys with 25k youtube or twitch subs, after the fight the guy asked him what his 'earnings' were on Fortnite and couldn't believe it when my son said he's not won any money yet.

It's done wonders for his confidence, hopefully he cracks it this year and makes it to the world cup!

That's so awesome man.

The girl I have been seeing got me into this recently and we've been playing a lot of duos together. I think she is level 270 ish whilst I am around 80+. Very late to the party I know!

So far I have a total of 19 wins, 12.9% win percentage and k/d of 3.25. Down from 7. :( We have 12 wins in together in duos !

I tried Arena at the weekend and got my ass absolutely handed to me but i'm determined to keep going, I can finally build/edit using the controller with ease now. Took bloody ages to figure out.

On 20/01/2020 at 23:02, gooner4life said:

I taught him everything he knows in our training. 

He’s so good it’s amazing to watch, especially how fast he builds and moves. Good luck to him I hope he does it. 

So season 2 has been officially postponed from 6th Feb to 20th Feb. Cue much moaning about how the season was already too long and there's not enough new content.

Personally I'm not bothered, they've said there will be an event and new challenges and stuff to fill in the gap, and I'm in the camp that new content isn't necessarily good for the game. I like it the way it is! I don't want planes or mechs or stupid unbalanced weapons or daft game mechanics. The extra time means I’ll definitely get to finish more prestige stretch goal challenges so I should max out my corrupted scratch skin!

8 hours ago, MattKB said:

I didn’t realise there was anything beyond level 100 so knocked it on the head after that. Which is nice, it’s meant I can play a bit now and then, get the unlocks but not have to smash it every week. 

You’ve obviously not seen the stretch goals....

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

GG @Pistol last night, had fun and a squad win was welcome!

People still playing this, do you have any issues with load in since the last patch?

Always get load in issues for the first match when playing on the switch.  Gliders don’t appear and when you land the textures take a good few seconds to load in.  After that it’s fine although I have recently noticed that sometimes weapons don’t fire when it gets busy, which can be annoying, and zooming with a sniper and then firing also has occasional clipping problems.

37 minutes ago, Ivanho said:

Always get load in issues for the first match when playing on the switch.  Gliders don’t appear and when you land the textures take a good few seconds to load in.  After that it’s fine although I have recently noticed that sometimes weapons don’t fire when it gets busy, which can be annoying, and zooming with a sniper and then firing also has occasional clipping problems.

I’ve not noticed that on the Switch. I’ve only been playing since Christmas, I started on the Xbox when it first came out but didn’t fancy it really but my boys have wanted to play so I gave it another chance - I enjoy the challenges etc, just managed the collecting the letters one

• squirtle changed the title to Fortnite: Battle Royale Mode