Rllmuk racing wheel thread

On 22/10/2020 at 14:08, ScouserInExile said:

Can I be your mate? £90 for a birthday present is pretty generous!

Well, we’ve been mates for over 35 years, and he did do the bulk of the work turning my loft into a games room for us to play in. Only fair. :)

On paper it’s pricey for what it is, but it seems to do the trick and is cheaper than a new wheel. 

Hi All,

I need some help as I am about to enter the world of racing wheels, as I have inherited a Porsche 911 GT2 wheel. It is the Xbox edition, but on the box it says it can also be used on PC. 

Just wanted to know if it would work on a PC in 2020 with some of the latest racing games? 

I have the wheel itself but no pedals, so if someone would be able to point me in the right direction for some cheap pedals just so I can get started that would be amazing.  

Thanks in advance. 

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-29 at 08.55.18 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-29 at 08.55.18.jpeg

Hi @SilverCrow, welcome to the awesome world of sim racing!  I hope you'll be joining us in our Assetto Corsa Competizione league?

Yep, that wheel will work fine on PC.  I used to own one myself actually, it was my first serious sim racing wheel.  Drivers and firmware etc are available here:

https://fanatec.com/au-en/racing-wheels-wheel-bases/racing-wheels/porsche-911-gt2-wheel 

Pedal wise, it depends on how much you're willing to spend.  Maybe look for a second hand set of Fanatec pedals like these?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/fanatec-csl-elite-Pedal-Set/303723739011?hash=item46b7587783:g:sVQAAOSwGWpfkVfw

Bear in mind though that you can basically use any set of pedals with any wheel on PC, either via adaptors or connecting the pedals directly to the PC.  I use a slightly odd setup with a Thrustmaster T300 wheel and old modded Logitech G25 pedals, connected to the wheel using an adaptor.

Hi @SharkyOB 
Thanks for the links to the drivers, 
I was actually looking into trying to find a Logitech G25/G27 pedal set, As I have the original ps2 to serial adaptor for the wheel. 

Do you know somewhere other than eBay that may sell them as people are selling the full sets, and not the pedals separately :\.

In terms of Assetto Corsa Competizione, I think I need to get used to using the wheel first haha, but one day soon I hope to be on the track with you guys :)

1 hour ago, SilverCrow said:

Hi @SharkyOB 
Thanks for the links to the drivers, 
I was actually looking into trying to find a Logitech G25/G27 pedal set, As I have the original ps2 to serial adaptor for the wheel. 

Do you know somewhere other than eBay that may sell them as people are selling the full sets, and not the pedals separately :\.

In terms of Assetto Corsa Competizione, I think I need to get used to using the wheel first haha, but one day soon I hope to be on the track with you guys :)

This is a decent price even if you won't or can't (because of compatibility issues) use the shifter:

https://www.shpock.com/en-gb/i/XuSNVRs5S1pdZjtj/g25-pedals-and-shifter

Comes with boxe :D

Join us in ACC.  My first delve into sim racing was a few laps of Project Cars 2 and F1 2020 but then straight into the deep end with ACC and I haven't looked back, it's immense :)

45 minutes ago, davejm said:

Join us in ACC.  My first delve into sim racing was a few laps of Project Cars 2 and F1 2020 but then straight into the rear end of Meerman's Ferrari with ACC and I haven't looked back, it's immense :)

FTFY. ;)

Welcome to the forum, @SilverCrow! Join us regardless of experience. :hat:

Hi,

Im having a problem getting my PC to recognise the wheel using the Fanatec Wheel Firmwear updater.

It wont pick up the USB Driver and just says 'Fanatec Update Port driver pre-install failed'. 

Does anyone know how to fix this ?

image.png.757cf0334714480ae64b90ad34df692e.png 

14 hours ago, SilverCrow said:

So I just restarted my pc for the third time and now it seems to be taking the drivers. 

PHEW

looks like third times the charm haha 

Ace :)

Did you get some pedals sorted?

always recall the Fanatec updater being very temperamental on my PC, even the port you used mattered IIRC (had to be one of the main motherboard attached ones for some reason).

thread makes me sad as got a magnificent Fanatec CSR Elite and pedals sat in a spare room with a heavyweight wheel stand. A combination of the jump to Xbox One rendering all old wheels unusable (until that recent dongle thing that supposedly fixes the issue) and falling out of love with the Forza's mean I have no use for.

not sure if they are worth much now to make selling them worthwhile, recall they cost a fortune when I originally bought them. 

@GottersI’m sure you’d sell that setup no probs to someone with a PC, I’m still using my old CSR with ACC and it’s great so an Elite with pedals and stand would be great for someone who’s maybe not sure on buying an expensive setup straight away.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it's worth putting in here, if anyone is on the lookout for a t150, I have a boxed, used ferrari t150 and pedals available after I upgraded to a t300.

I invested in a ricmotech base plate so can bolt it to a solid base, which would come with it. If anyone's interested drop me a pm.

On 31/10/2020 at 15:34, Gotters said:

always recall the Fanatec updater being very temperamental on my PC, even the port you used mattered IIRC (had to be one of the main motherboard attached ones for some reason).

thread makes me sad as got a magnificent Fanatec CSR Elite and pedals sat in a spare room with a heavyweight wheel stand. A combination of the jump to Xbox One rendering all old wheels unusable (until that recent dongle thing that supposedly fixes the issue) and falling out of love with the Forza's mean I have no use for.

not sure if they are worth much now to make selling them worthwhile, recall they cost a fortune when I originally bought them. 

I maybe very interesed in the wheela and pedals assuming it works with PS4?

20 hours ago, marsh said:

I guess it's worth putting in here, if anyone is on the lookout for a t150, I have a boxed, used ferrari t150 and pedals available after I upgraded to a t300.

I invested in a ricmotech base plate so can bolt it to a solid base, which would come with it. If anyone's interested drop me a pm.

Is this PlayStation or Xbox compatible?

29 minutes ago, Parappa said:

I maybe very interesed in the wheela and pedals assuming it works with PS4?

I believe it only works on PS4 via an adaptor dongle.

I'm coming round to selling but have no idea what they are worth, maybe one for 'ask the forum' but anybody got an idea what is fair for a mint condition CSR Elite & the matching pedal set ?

3 minutes ago, Gotters said:

I believe it only works on PS4 via an adaptor dongle.

I'm coming round to selling but have no idea what they are worth, maybe one for 'ask the forum' but anybody got an idea what is fair for a mint condition CSR Elite & the matching pedal set ?

£2.50 and a packet of walkers cheese and onion. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit torn at the moment.

The G290 is currently £160 on amazon. I was going to buy a Drivehub for £90 and use my Driving Force GT on my xbone, because I couldn't justify £300 on a wheel. 

What I'm now wondering is: is the Drivehub just a bodge and would i be better spending the extra £70 to get a proper, dedicated wheel?

I have Forza Motorsport 5-7 that I haven't really played as much as I should have, since I got so used to playing 4 with a wheel that I couldn't go back to a pad. 

Drivehub or new wheel. YOU decide!

Given that the wheels I would be using with the Drivehub are all second hand,  I've decided its probably a false economy, since I'd probably have to replace them at some point. So I've bought myself the 920.

My wife asked if it meant I could get rid of one of the others. Bless.