rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Legs

Angry Boys

If you don't mind torrents, its up to episode 3 already.

Its been really good stuff so far. He introduces a new character each week whilst continuing the other main stories. S.Mouse is just about working for me. Its Chris Lilley so once you do get over the shock, he does become the character well. Gran and the returning twins Nathan and Daniel are Lilley at his absolute best though.

The next character to be introduced is a

pushy Japanese mother

. God knows if he can pull that off but I have faith.

That music video is well, well below par though. Not funny in anyway shape or form, maybe back pre ali-g. I hope it's an abberation!

I don't think the music video is supposed to be that funny. Its more to set the character up. S.Mouse is supposed to be Soulja Boy. A really shit but massively successful teenage rapper, who does novelty records with awful dances. He is hated by everyone in Hip Hop and he has ideas above his station. They go out of their way on the show to make his music really crap.

I quite liked the first episode, I didn't find it as funny as Summer Heights High, but I thought it set up the series quite well. I laughed out loud when Gran set up a white versus black football game and referred to one of the black guys as 'coco pops'.

I thought episode 2 was pretty bad if I'm honest. I really don't like the S.Mouse character, I found the whole episode really unfunny.

S.Mouse I was looking forward to seeing reading the set-up, but knew it had the potential to be awful. I haven't found a moment to catch these yet, so I'll just wait until tomorrow. First two episoes shown, I guess I can see for myself.

Skateboarding Gay Style was fantastic. "Konnichiwa!"

I'm really enjoying this. It's not big guffaw funny, it's just well observed comedy that happens to be rather tender at times.

(Apart from the S.Mouse stuff of course. Do we reckon they'll all show up at the Legendary Party?)

I am really enjoying this so far. It's great to have Chris Lilley back!

I think Blake Oldfield is my favourite character.

I wasn't a fan of S.Mouse at first but he's really grown on me!

Well there's very little 'right" about the show. It's racist, homophobic, offensive to the disabled, jokes about pedophilia, probably sexist too. It's great.

"Kick it negro... run Coco Pops, I thought wogs were suppose to be good at soccer."

:lol:

It's not racist, Gran is racist!

Lilley says he is trying to make audiences laugh and confront prejudices.

"To me it's very clear this character (Gran) is from another generation and is getting away with horrific things. Her behaviour is not appropriate. To me, that's so blatantly obvious that it's really funny."

I loved S.Mouse!'s dad just sitting there in the background while the legend rehearses his 'performance'. His wardrobe made me do a proper belly laugh. Very good.

We Can Be Heroes is excellent, really adds to Nathan and Daniel's characters (as well as showing J'amie from SHH in an even worse light).

The last episode of Angry Boys was top as usual, in my opinion. Once again, Chris Lilley's managed to put something utterly heartbreaking into the show - no spoilers, but I just hope everyone makes it to the end in one piece :(

The last episode of Angry Boys was top as usual, in my opinion. Once again, Chris Lilley's managed to put something utterly heartbreaking into the show - no spoilers, but I just hope everyone makes it to the end in one piece :(

Regarding the ending I think

it will match the bittersweet endings of WCBH and SHH. I can see all the legends turn up for Nathan's party but Gran is forced into retirement because of her Alzheimer's.

I watched We Can Be Heroes after it being mentioned in this thread back there but I didn't find it anywhere near as good as Angry Boys has been.

The characters in this just seem fuller and even more believable, while still being ridiculous.

Has Lilley done any more other than this, WCBH and Summer Heights High?