West Ham United Football Club

djbhammer

Oh well, just seen the result after being out at my parents this afternoon. Reading that Maiga was subbed after 30 mins for tactical reasons means we must have been poor for BFS to do that so early in the game. :facepalm:

Well done Frosty on the result prediction! :hat: Did you put a bet on? Can you predict our next game away at Man Utd? I'll give you a hint, Man Utd will have a higher number than West Ham. ;)

At least Spuds will make the pub quiz machines:

'Which team conceded a goal scored by £35m my little pony Andy Carroll after he went ages and ages, months and months, without scoring a single goal?' :lol:

In other news, I'm going to the Chelsea match next Saturday as my brother cannot make the game.

Your blog pretty much sums up my thoughts too LJ, except I'd be quite happy with a consolation girl (as long as she wasn't too fat).

I think, as good as the system has been for us, we really need some sort of alternative strategy, one that doesn't involve taking off tall lanky white target man for tall lanky black target man. Watching Bell-Biv-Defoe and Dr Zaius running at - and through - us really showed how limited we can be sometimes.

Manchester United (A) - Premier League 8pm KO

Line up:

Jaaskelainen, Demel, O'Brien, Reid, Collins, Tomkins, Diame, Nolan, Jarvis, Taylor, Carroll

Subs: Spiegel, Spence, Maiga, Cole, Lletget, O'Neil, Moncur

Man Utd:

Lindegaard, Rafael, Evans, Smalling, Evra, Anderson, Carrick, Cleverley, Hernandez, Rooney, Van Persie

Subs: De Gea, Jones, Ferdinand, Young, Welbeck, Fletcher, Buttner

1-0 FT.

By the sounds of it we gave a good account of ourselves in the second half. Such a shame we conceded so early as all BFS pre game plan would have been thrown out of the window.

Down to 10th place so still hanging on in the top half.

Next up another easy game - Chelsea at home.

Well Chelski have drawn their last two matches...

Considering the barrage of chances Man U had we did give a good account of ourselves despite the very early blip. They had nearly triple the amount of shots on goal, over half of which were on target compared to us.

Very jealous of you for being there for that second half DJB :)

And anyone see CC? "I'm always there for the back up" Your knees might be weaker than wet papier mache, and you might not score a great deal, but you're a breath of fresh air in the age of prima donna footballers.

I love Carlton. He has not moaned once since losing his place to my little pony. He's rolled up his sleeves and just got on with it.

Today he worked his socks off just like I knew he would. So chuffed for him that he scored.

Diame coming on as a sub changed the whole dynamics of the team. That boy is one of the best freebies I have seen. Taylor was excellent too, he put in some great corners and crosses.

Yes, the second half was just crazy and we were going bonkers in the Bobby Moore Upper Tier, I think my hat came off in the bundle celebrations! Fantastic.

Unfortunately Carroll is out for two months with a knee injury - he twisted it against Man Utd.

Super second half performance by us. I was listening to it on the drive back from Ashford. Was dreading Torres would score against us as he has previous but that thankfully amounted to nothing.

Should have placed a bet - West Ham odd of winning was 4:1!

Happy that CC scored - will give him a big confidence boost for sure, considering Carroll's only found the net once in his dozen or so starts. Diame and Maiga did good too - happy for Maiga who was miffed at being subbed out so early on in the other previous match.

Yeah, I read that yesterday. Apparently Garth - I've just eaten four family sized gateau's for breakfast- Crooks and Gabby Yorath were saying how wretched Chelsea were, and Savage said what about West Ham, why aren't you saying how good they've been and fat boy replied along the lines of Chelsea should beat West Ham as they've a more expensive squad.

RS is one of the only BBC pundits with any idea about the game IMO.

Yea like Man City have a more expensive squad and they should beat WHU :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter how much money you throw at a squad. If they can't work as a team what's the point? BFS has to his credit drilled our boys well - while we may not be scoring loads of goals like other teams we have one of the best defences in the league.

RS's take on Joey Barton was funny the other week.

Typical Daily Fail bollocks. Diame has been in the Prem for a while and was on a free, so if any of the bigger clubs wanted him, then they would have swooped then.

Complete non-starter and I take everything the Fail says with more than a liberal sized dose of salt - remember, it was only a couple of weeks ago that they were saying Spuds were going to move in for AC, despite him being ineligible, but when have facts ever stopped them printing something?

Oh, and like father like son. What a parasitic family them cunts are.