rllmuk
Moz

Valve - Soon Shipping Other Companies' Games Again

536906.jpg

Well well well, it's been a long time coming and rumoured at every major convention but is E3 2010 finally the time that Valve step up and officially announce the sequel to the award winning Half Life Episode 2?

A picture has recently wormed its way onto the Internet which shows what appears to be a leather bound folder with the word "Freeman" written on it with the date June 14th.

Valve recently commented that they had a "Surprise" announcement lined up for E3 and this could well be it. The picture can be found below.

• Upvote 1

I don't want to imagine them saying anything about Half Life 3/Episode 3 as when it turns out to be some unannounced game from some other company they've purchased I'll be crushed, keeping hopes low.....

I would prefer it if they shit out a new Half Life 2 Episode, just to complete what we have. Then announce a completely new project based on the Half Life universe, but derived from everything they have learnt developing Portal & Left 4 Dead.

So this might be what they cancelled the Portal 2 thing for? It'd be cool if they merged Episode 3 into a full blown 3. Actually no, it wouldn't be cool, it would be fucking amazing.

Hang on, what? Did they put Portal 2 on hold? Also, no matter what they call it, surely the next Half-Life installment has to be a larger chunk of game than Episode One or Two. I can't see Valve releasing a six hour single player campaign as a stand alone product these days, unless of course they bundle a bunch of other as-yet-unannounced games with it.

Isn't the Portal 2 event behind closed doors? Perhaps it was meant to be public but changed their mind and replaced it for Half-Life 3?

If it is Half Life 3 then I think they should take this opportunity to remove med packs and energy packs, and just make it so that the armour on Gordon's suit regenerates over time. Also, some proper gun sway whilst moving / sprinting would be good, going back to Half Life 2 it really does just feel like you are a camera rather than a person because your screen never moves from side to side whilst moving.

• Upvote 1

Isn't the Portal 2 event behind closed doors? Perhaps it was meant to be public but changed their mind and replaced it for Half-Life 3?

I thought they'd stuffed it altogether. Hrum. Some research needed.

If they do an event in a theater, they must, just must have the Half-Life 3 footage start with G-Man saying "Dooooctoooor Freeeeeeeemaaaaan". The theater will explode in the sounds of nerds screaming and jizzing.

• Upvote 1