IGNORED

Trine 2

Moz

Looking good. I really liked the first but found you could easily play through most levels without switching characters. (mainly played the thief with the Wizard and Soldier only getting some use during the end)

Anyway, looks like they've fixed that. :D

• 5 months later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goUN1teoG0E

Looking gorgeous and a lot more going on than in the first game, the lightning and octopus look pretty impressive. Puzzles are looking more complex this time around, do wonder how that will work in single player but if you can't do local co-op there's now the option for online co-op. Should be out next month and will be no more than $30.

• 4 weeks later...

It's odd how downloadable stuff always seems to get excluded from 'Best looking game' arguments etc..

Some of the nicest work around is being done on downloadable titles.

Trine 2 is quite astonishingly pretty. It's really accomplished, both artistically and technically..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think this is a day one purchase for me. Loved the original game save for that truly horrible final level (and as everybody says the same thing then the devs have taken notice that having a trial by instadeath sequence which uses none of the mechanics that have been at play during the rest of the game isnt much fun, surely?)

PC version again too, the game is perfect for mouse and keys. Managed to pull off some insane changes in direction with the thief's grappling hook which were great fun in the original. :)

• 1 month later...

Bit of a surprise but this is out tomorrow on the PC, then the 21st for console.

Trine 2 will be released for PC and Mac on December 7th and the console versions on the 21st of December (XBLA worldwide and North American PSN; European PSN is TBD, hopefully we’ll have final info soon!). Linux to follow in 2012.

Shame to see this getting overlooked.

Playing the Mac version with everything maxed out and it might just be the prettiest game I've ever seen. Every screen is a work of art with intricate details and little touches everywhere. Amazing atmosphere and setting.

Gameplay seems identical to the first, lovely fluid movement and not too frustrating puzzles.

Definitely worth picking up for less than a tenner on Steam.

Typically I've been waiting months for it and the PC release totally passes me by!

I think that's one of the problems, it was a case of out of nowhere we're releasing this tomorrow, very little build up or reviews to go with it, but looking on metacritic the ones it has received are all good. I do hope the console releases will get more promotion, help the game get the recognition it deserves.

I'm glad what I've read of it has been positive, will definitely be picking it up once I've made my way through some of my backlog or if it's in the Steam sales this Christmas.

Its the best looking 2D styled game in existance.

Just came in here to post something similar, the first looked gorgeous but this ups the bar quite considerably... Im only a couple of levels in and it's just stunning! :wub:

Such a shame it's destined to be overlooked by so many :(

For me this is a console game so I'll be all over this when it hits xbla or psn whichever comes first.

See I think the opposite, just can't imagine the wizards Conjuration spells working anywhere near as well on a pad.

About halfway through this now and it continues to impress.. Perfect game for these cold wintery nights! :wub: