joeplus

Friday Night Dinner

Shame about this season, some funny bits but at its worse feels like a collection of unconnected one off laughs. Something I liked about the first two outings was a coherency and logic within the its own world. Jim turning up with cobblers knitted onto his dog costume seemed jammed in (FNAR) for a cheap laugh. Mrs Browns Boys stuff.

Proper laughs at Mr Morris's diatribe on Punk Rockers though.

I thought the piano tuner one was the worst episode I think I've ever seen- don't think I laughed once :blink:

And the whole thing at the end with him was a total shark-jumping moment. It was just bizarre.

Jim flinching away from Wilson makes me laugh every time. :D

I liked the way they did the bit with Jim's gift of an antique tea set. They built it up and built it up, and of course I began to expect that it would be broken at the end of the episode, probably by Mr Morris...

... then they took me by surprise by getting the inevitable smashing out of the way straight away. Complete with a display of Mark Heap's impressive juggling skills!

It's back for a fourth series! Yay!

First two episodes have been brilliant, including a great cameo from John Sessions and Martin getting even stranger.

Oh man, that was such a great episode. The hot tub, the alternative name for Winston, Jim's conversation starter...

• Upvote 1

Amazing wasnt it. I hope they don't over do it with Jim the rest of the season though after it being such a Jim-centric episode. 

Watched this immediately after the car crash that was the improvised car share, as we needed something actually funny to watch. Was worried it might also not deliver, but it wasn't the 1930's and it delivered in spades. Absolutely stupidly brilliant and left us aching with laughter, just what was needed. Shalommmm.

• Upvote 1

I've just realised that I can no longer say "shalom" without doing it with that little head shake and inflection just the way Jim does it. Not that I used to ever say "shalom" anyway, but there you go. 

It's our standard greeting to eachother in work on a Monday morning.

A mate of mine also has a mother in law called Jacqui. So he's trained his four year old son to great her every time with "Hellooo Jacqui. You look, nice."

• Upvote 2