Saints Row The Third

http://m.giantbomb.com/quick-look-saints-row-the-third/17-5228/

Has anyone watched this Quick Look yet? Wondered if it is spoiler free as I'd like to go in virgin fresh but I also like to watch quick looks

I switched off when they started a mission that was about halfway through the game..

It looks like the mission structure may have been changed a little - they only had one available - so it looks like the story is split into acts with a batch of gang missions available in each act which you have to complete all of them in each act before progressing onto the next batch.. as opposed to being able to do one gang's story straight through..

Assuming it's been done for story purposes as The Syndicate is more an overall interconnected plot than the separate gangs were in SR2..

@MrPointyHead

Haha! THQ asked to remove the "veins and physics" from the Penetrator in Saints Row: The Third by CERO.

Penis-shaped Saint's Row: The Third weapon The Penetrator has fallen foul of Japanese censors.

THQ has been told to remove the "veins and physics" from the purple dildo, which is used in-game as a melee weapon.

An un-named THQ representative told Game Informer that "stricter guidelines" in Japan were apparently to blame for changes to the three foot phallus.

In-game, the dildo is attached to the handle of a baseball bat. Footage of the device in action lies below.

- Eurogamer

LOL

anyone slightly worried by the reviews?

its getting lower than expected scores :(

Who gives a monkey's what some po-faced reviewer thinks of the game? All I care about is how many hobo's I can beat to death with a 5ft purple floppy cock whilst wearing a thong, stilettos and a smile, before I get gunned down in the street like a rabid dog, by Steelport Five-O

http://www.honestgamers.com/reviews/9687.html

10/10

..And this leads to one of greatest truths about Saints Row 3. It is immaculately paced because it loves you.

Most games can be insensitive clods with occasional rough patches. You get stuck for a while, or it's slow to start, or you cruise through some filler, or certain design choices are clunky, or the characters are flat and you don't care about them, or you know exactly what's going to happen next and therefore when it happens you don't care.

None of this happens in Saints Row 3, which is a textbook example of how to keep me into a game from beginning to open-ended end.

I don't have to slog through a few early missions with a derringer and a puttering ATV.

I don't hit a crazy difficulty level spike half way through.

I don't fight a stupid boss battle at the end.

Well, okay, maybe I do because Saints Row 3 knows exactly how to set it up. You're in good hands.

Here is a game that starts you out doing the sorts of things you wouldn't normally do until the end of other games. And yet, it never stops delivering surprises, twists, and "I gotta get me one of those!" moments. Which is followed by one of those being immediately given to you. Saints Row 3 doesn't go to 11, because it's there from the beginning.

"Awesomer and awesomer!" you'll cry as you plunge down the deliriously wondrous rabbit hole that is Saints Row: The Third. This is no mere videogame. It is more than 25 hours -- probably far more -- of unadulterated delight straight to the ol' amygdala. Go with it. Let it work its magic. It's so good it's nearly chemical.

Saints Row has always been a 7/8 out of 10 game in the eyes of the press.

I don't think anyone is expecting an Edge 10.

Pfft at Edge!

I've faux-worshipped Edge for far longer than I can remember, but glad-handing a goddamn 10 to Wii shovelware (more of the same Miyamoto bending-over-backwards becuz he's a God, nvm the same ol' standard-def BS) and then downgrading Dead Island because it's not representative of a goddamn CG trailer just gets my goat.

It's for this reason Saints Row 3 is the considered, middle-finger response to mainstream shite like MW3 or Arkham City or whatever else that's flavour of the month in Monmouth Street. Considering Saints 1 got a [6] for competence and Saints 2 got a [5] for its 'been-there-done-scat' irreverence, I'm expecting [Edge] to give a right shellacking to Saints 3.

The internet can say what it likes. Volition have answered a clarion call for all those who faux-worship the dildo bat! I'm not exactly flush to the eyeballs, but I'd gladly proffer the last of my expendable income for all that Volition hath wrought. In fact, despite Halo Anniversary shipping on the same day (in some territories), I'm throwing caution to the wind and riding my dildo bat into the sunset. Strap it on...

End of.

Thats ok then, i was just surprised by gametrailers 7.7

The destructiod review doesnt read very well though :(

http://www.destructoid.com/review-saints-row-the-third-215423.phtml

That's Jim Sterling, he has zero credibility as a reviewer, and doesn't even really pretend to be anything other than a troll.

4/5 on Giant Bomb http://www.giantbomb.com/saints-row-the-third/61-25725/reviews/ - and they are slightly stingier with scores than most sites, even if some of their reviewers get wildly overexcited and give 5/5 to MK vs DCU :

With all of these things in mind, I respect that Saints Row: The Third might not be a game for everyone. Specifically, those who do not find joy in the act of inflicting terrible, fiery, dildo-y pain on whatever innocent polygonal creature happens to wander too close to their personal blast zone will probably not get much out of Saints Row's unrelenting dedication to preposterous anarchy. It is a game specifically designed for annihilation junkies, those who can embrace the idea of an infantile playground of seemingly infinite obliterative pleasures. For those who prefer their games a tad less absurdly--perhaps needlessly--violent, any number of other games this fall will likely suit your fancy just fine.

As for the rest of us? Saints Row: The Third is practically catharsis on a disc. Go forth, and have a blast.

Pfft at Edge!

I've faux-worshipped Edge for far longer than I can remember, but glad-handing a goddamn 10 to Wii shovelware (more of the same Miyamoto bending-over-backwards becuz he's a God, nvm the same ol' standard-def BS) and then downgrading Dead Island because it's not representative of a goddamn CG trailer just gets my goat.

It's for this reason Saints Row 3 is the considered, middle-finger response to mainstream shite like MW3 or Arkham City or whatever else that's flavour of the month in Monmouth Street. Considering Saints 1 got a [6] for competence and Saints 2 got a [5] for its 'been-there-done-scat' irreverence, I'm expecting [Edge] to give a right shellacking to Saints 3.

The internet can say what it likes. Volition have answered a clarion call for all those who faux-worship the dildo bat! I'm not exactly flush to the eyeballs, but I'd gladly proffer the last of my expendable income for all that Volition hath wrought. In fact, despite Halo Anniversary shipping on the same day (in some territories), I'm throwing caution to the wind and riding my dildo bat into the sunset. Strap it on...

End of.

Given you've discounted how good Miyamoto is as a games developer in your second sentence I'm liable to just right off anything you have to say as the babblings of a nutter, and to call Batman Arkham City "mainstream shite" is just about the most crazy thing I've read on here in a long time, but your enthusiasm for SR3 is saving you.