rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
poppa_f

Glastonbury 2011

what in god's name was she babbling on about? if i had to stand and listen to that kind of Q Magazine editorial guff i would have burst my shit laughing as well.

Zane talks just as much hyperbole, in fact he did just that when introducing Beyonce with Lauren Laverne. Obviously Queens are the cooler act of the two but he should have just done his job. Still, storm in a tea cup.

Did anyone catch Ragu Dixit performing this song live on the BBC set? Tried finding the video but doesn't look like it's been put up yet. Amazing voice and I like the dude playing the violin like a sitar.

Anyone know any other music like this? I've just opened my eyes to whole new world of music.

• Upvote 2

is ste_edge a hipster????

I follow him on Twitter and it seems he's a massive Beyonce fan, and wasn't impressed when she covered Sex On Fire to the point of producing a venn diagram (!) and then went on to say that if the diagram represents people he hates then Lowe is at the epicentre of that diagram. How serious he was being, I don't know. I never take anything seriously on Twitter though, well apart from the serious things.

edit. reading that Triforce blog the question should be, is Ste_Edge 13 years old?

Not a "suicide situation", say police. I don't know about you, but if I'm going out I want to go out in the portable toilets of a formerly hippy rock festival turned massive corporate event.

I follow him on Twitter and it seems he's a massive Beyonce fan, and wasn't impressed when she covered Sex On Fire to the point of producing a venn diagram (!) and then went on to say that if the diagram represents people he hates then Lowe is at the epicentre of that diagram. How serious he was being, I don't know. I never take anything seriously on Twitter though, well apart from the serious things.

edit. reading that Triforce blog the question should be, is Ste_Edge 13 years old?

What the actual fuck...

Wasn't it fairly clear that Zane Lowe was laughing at Lauren Laverne talking absolute shite? I was at Glade the year the toilets flooded one of the main campsites and I didn't see anywhere near as much effluence as she sprayed out of her mouth after Beyonce

• Upvote 1

That singer with the Smiths tribute band on Friday night was very good. Rest of the band couldn't hack it though.

Knew I recognised Morrissey's guitarist's name from somewhere - he was in the Red Hot Chili Peppers for about a month, and was co-arranger of the songs in the musical episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

After spending the last few hours getting back from Glastonbury and then systematically removing all of the dirt I've acquired on my body I have only this to say.

Glastonbury was absolutely amazing this year and I'm extremely sad that it's the year off next year.

• Upvote 3

So I'm back in the land of the living too, yet another belter. I have to say the last two years are up there with my favourite festival times. One of my many highlights was being up front in this:

God I love Glastonbury.

• Upvote 2

What about the thing with The Edge not operating his own effects pedals - he has a guy off stage doing it for him? Kind of cheating isn't it?

This happens more than you'd think, with some bands it's split so some effects are controlled by the guitarist and some by the tech off-stage.

Is anyone else going this year?

Any relatively unknown artists on the line up we should check out?