IGNORED

Battlefield 3 - Rllmuk 360 Tag: rllmukBF3

The Sarge

What I would have preferred over the boring campaign is a boatload of scenarios taking place on the existing maps, playing against bots and with a variety of difficulties and medals to obtain, a bit like the Combat Simulator in Perfect Dark. You could play them with a squad and it would serve as a good tutorial for the real game with challenges based on specific equipment etc.

Even Stingers aren't a definite solution. Whenever I hear that my MAV is targetted, or even locked, I just drop it behind a building or something and most of the time the missile hits the obstruction. If it's at high altitude, then ground-to-air missiles are pretty much guaranteed to take you down though. Ramming it into things does no appreciable damage to it at all - 'tis a tough little bug. :D

I hope they change that, it's extremely annoying when a guy is trying to run you down with one and he can throw it about without much worry. I got killed by the same guy 5 times on one match (he seemed to be singling me out). If I did manage to destroy the MAV he'd suicide so that he could use one again straight away.

Or make it much easier to kill on consoles. It's nowhere near as bad on PC.

Conquest on Seine Crossing is my new favourite thing. Especially since I unlocked the infra-red scope for... that really good support gun that starts with M and ends with B. I can't remember any of the gun names in this. I really think it's about time the weapon manufacturing industry got a little more creative with the names.

Came across a cheater on Xbox 2 nights ago.

Me and my squad mates were chasing him, literally right behind him for 20 seconds and must have riddled him with 200 bullets.

Turned round and shot us all.

i just came across a guy like that and was about to post. I don't think he was did it intentionally, he was playing normally and then just now on Grand Bazaar cleared out the whole team despite everyone putting in hundreds of bullets. He just ran down the middle of the corridor with a pistol shooting and knifing.

Not quite sure how a client would be able to hack themselves into invincibility. Although there is actually a rare bug where you can go invincible, invisible or both after being saved by the Defib.

One time I was playing in grand bazaar and was ambushed by a squad as I hacked an Mcom, I remember seeing at least 3 of them shooting at me in a confined space and yet I didn't die, in fact I managed to take two out with my main weapon and the last with my pistol all the while being peppered with bullets. Now I would live to say this was down to my amazing abilities but, as anyone who as played with me will attest, I don't have any so can only assume it was some temporary invincibility issue with the server

It's something to do with being revived on Grand Bazaar. We had it once, and it was as frustrating as it was was funny when an invincible guy strolled into the MCom room and mowed down the seven of us all shooting at him. You can kill him with explosives though.

I was just playing Rush on Damavand Peak and there were a couple of enemy mortars on the heli pad before the big jump. For some reason when I selected mortar to try and take them out, it wouldn't let fire, I could only fire mortars near the two objectives. I was in range and they were able to fire their mortars at our positions. It was extremely annoying. Is there anything that stops you from firing on that help pad or was it some sort of glitch I was having?

I was just playing Rush on Damavand Peak and there were a couple of enemy mortars on the heli pad before the big jump. For some reason when I selected mortar to try and take them out, it wouldn't let fire, I could only fire mortars near the two objectives. I was in range and they were able to fire their mortars at our positions. It was extremely annoying. Is there anything that stops you from firing on that help pad or was it some sort of glitch I was having?

You can't fire mortars into the opposition safe spawn zone if that's what you mean.

Stinger is the ground to air missile you can carry to take out helis and jets

I get that but which actual kit is it and how do I get one?

You can't fire mortars into the opposition safe spawn zone if that's what you mean.

I get that but which actual kit is it and how do I get one?

Of course you can fire mortars into the enemy spawn. Why do you think you can't? I'm guessing kimchi must have been just out of range

Anyone else unable to play post-patch (PC)? It just sits there on "joining server". Was working fine before patch :(

Broke for me too. Click Start->Run-> %temp% Delete everything in the folder. That sorted it for me.

There's the Stinger and the IGLA. American and Russian versions of the same thing (Ground-to-Air missile) - depends what side you're on.

I think that is what has confused me. I have seen the igla before but not worked out that it was a stinger.

I seem to be utterly shit this game since the patch and I can't work out why. I'm spending half the time being irritated by problems the patch caused and the other half dead. Even mercenarri killed me. :eyebrows:

RAGE RAGE RAGE.

Oh my, did you just go there? I see you in VcC Gaming 1000 Tickets. Coming for you now.

Yep, you're completely right about the air superiority thing. Plus if they're backed up by somebody in an AA vehicle who isn't shit it's game over.

I've gone from over 4:1 K:D to 1:1 in the average game and I'm just not enjoying it, I'm a sore loser I suppose! It probably has a lot to do with me trying to level Recon which I just don't get on with, I'm not the type to hide on a hill and the sniper rifles fail vs. anybody who's not shit (and mercenarri :P) at close quarters. Being defenceless against vehicles is also a pretty terrible position to be in on Conquest. I was trying to stick it out until I got the MAV and maybe the M98B but I can see myself going back to my lovely Engineer.

Yep, you're completely right about the air superiority thing. Plus if they're backed up by somebody in an AA vehicle who isn't shit it's game over.

I've gone from over 4:1 K:D to 1:1 in the average game and I'm just not enjoying it, I'm a sore loser I suppose! It probably has a lot to do with me trying to level Recon which I just don't get on with, I'm not the type to hide on a hill and the sniper rifles fail vs. anybody who's not shit (and mercenarri :P) at close quarters. Being defenceless against vehicles is also a pretty terrible position to be in on Conquest. I was trying to stick it out until I got the MAV and maybe the M98B but I can see myself going back to my lovely Engineer.

But you can recon with a shotgun or the ump or pp2000 I believe. I've unlocked about a half of the recon kit but have used a sniper about twice. Recon is my 2nd most used class.