rllmuk
SaintM

The random discussion thread

BFV is the same as BF1? Jack Wilshere gate? Lol, give your head a shake son.

Anyway, I've also got Black Ops 4 and it is fantastic, though I might be skipping Battlefield purely due to lack of time. I still consider BF4 to be one of the best shooters of this gen, post-spring patch. 

That being said, I've got a 3 day weekend reserved for RDR2 and it's likely it should arrive earlier than that too. There's a good bunch of us that play GTAV regularly and the community is much like what the BAP league used to be, friendly and in good spirits, before the cliques and rando behaviours set in. Feel free to get involved or give me a ping towards release.

Thanks for the games of blackout last night @Theholyhogg, @smithstock I quite enjoyed them.

Having had a few games now I think COD will only be a stop gap for me while I wait for Battlefield but it should be enjoyable enough till then. I thought me and Hogg did ok in the last one as well, 8 kills between us and I think it was a 5th place finish? I quite enjoyed the battling at the dockyard :)

• Upvote 1

Yeah it's been really good. Quads on Blackout is my go to shooter experience now. We've been unlucky a few times when a strategy has been scuppered but that's the name of the game. I think I'll give Battlefield a swerve, at least initially, Red Dead will take up too much of my time and I'll save Assassin's Creed for winter. 

49 minutes ago, smithstock said:

Yeah it's been really good. Quads on Blackout is my go to shooter experience now. We've been unlucky a few times when a strategy has been scuppered but that's the name of the game. I think I'll give Battlefield a swerve, at least initially, Red Dead will take up too much of my time and I'll save Assassin's Creed for winter. 

It's that time of the year, too many good games and not enough time then there will be nothing till next winter :lol:

I might have to hold fire on red dead until christmas due to funds as I would rather get battlefield for now. Assassin's creed is the series that is having to take a back seat now as I just can't afford them all. With it being predominantly single player I can get that in 6 months when it's about £20!

43 minutes ago, Jamin said:

I'll be getting Battlefield Luseth, not sure if others here are getting it (Kriess will be I'm sure!) so ready to squad up when it launches. :) 

Good man :) There are quite a few of us on most nights with BF1 and I would be surprised if many of them didn't make the jump to V. Should get you into our fb chat at some point so you know when we are about can join in the shit talk

53 minutes ago, Luseth said:

Good man :) There are quite a few of us on most nights with BF1 and I would be surprised if many of them didn't make the jump to V. Should get you into our fb chat at some point so you know when we are about can join in the shit talk

I dunno man. Jamin's just too... nice for that thread.

• Upvote 1

I am tempted by COD! But can't justify both and historically preferred BF and it's gunplay, it's a bit slower paced to COD. It also has a single player mode which is usually pretty decent.

28 minutes ago, Jamin said:

I am tempted by COD! But can't justify both and historically preferred BF and it's gunplay, it's a bit slower paced to COD. It also has a single player mode which is usually pretty decent.

Battlefield like all Frostbite games just isn't responsive enough, plagued by the same problem Fifa has for me and is why I just can't play it anymore.

Get COD.

32 minutes ago, Jamin said:

Game share with Luseth ;)

Be on tonight for some mad quad blackout action!!!

COD will be done in two months. Our BFV crew will play for the next three years.

I know this because we still play BF1. And we played BF4 for it's lifespan. 

And BF3. 

And Vietnam.

And..... you get the point.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

COD will be done in two months. Our BFV crew will play for the next three years.

I know this because we still play BF1. And we played BF4 for it's lifespan. 

And BF3. 

And Vietnam.

And..... you get the point.

I agree, that's a big thing with battlefield. Generally if you like battlefield you will continue to play it right up until the next battlefield. I mean you only have to look on here at the COD threads or take a look and see how many of our fifa group were playing the last call of duty up to a few weeks prior to this release. There was no one.

4 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

That’s because the last call of duty was a load of dogshit.

Numbers will drop for this one fairly quick too. COD's great for the first few weeks / maybe a couple of months but as soon as the next big game comes out people drop off fairly quick (to some extent because it has a much younger average audience I would suspect).

In fact I would be surprised if there is much chat about it when the multiplayer for red dead redemption is released.

That said COD's great if you enjoy your fast and frantic shooters but it's not necessarily for everyone, the battle royale's ok but the market's flooded with them at the moment. But the multiplayer aspect is much the same as previous, run around for 10 seconds, get a couple of kills then die, there is no tactical side to the game.

With battlefield you can literally influence the game just by being clever with which point you try to take or simply just by flanking the front line of the battle. The gameplay is slower but it's not really unresponsive and tbf I don't know how anyone can fully come to a conclusion on the game after a limited beta. If I had done that I probably wouldn't have bothered with the last few fifa's at all ^_^

There does seem to be a factor in most reviews/opinions that this COD is a bit different, and a bit special compared to the other past version. But as messers Pants and Luseth say, Battlefield is just bloody awesome with a squad of you on and usually offers some longevity. I only stopped playing BF1 because my mate demanded his copy back and I was too cheap to buy another, haha. I don't find the gunplay unresponsive either though Goons, though maybe vs COD it might feel it.

Anyhoos awesome, I'll be Day-One-ing BF5.

28 minutes ago, Luseth said:

Numbers will drop for this one fairly quick too. COD's great for the first few weeks / maybe a couple of months but as soon as the next big game comes out people drop off fairly quick (to some extent because it has a much younger average audience I would suspect).

In fact I would be surprised if there is much chat about it when the multiplayer for red dead redemption is released.

That said COD's great if you enjoy your fast and frantic shooters but it's not necessarily for everyone, the battle royale's ok but the market's flooded with them at the moment. But the multiplayer aspect is much the same as previous, run around for 10 seconds, get a couple of kills then die, there is no tactical side to the game.

With battlefield you can literally influence the game just by being clever with which point you try to take or simply just by flanking the front line of the battle. The gameplay is slower but it's not really unresponsive and tbf I don't know how anyone can fully come to a conclusion on the game after a limited beta. If I had done that I probably wouldn't have bothered with the last few fifa's at all ^_^

You do realise call of duty is one of the most played games ever right? Player numbers on MW2 back compat are still higher than Battlefield 1 is getting.

This is a very small sample of a very small sample, people on rllmuk probably will stick with Battlefield longer, but that’s because most on here are older and can’t get on with the frantic pace of COD for too long, but Blackout looks to be something of a sweet spot for a lot of old call of duty players.

Battlefield has never and will never have the player numbers of COD.

9 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

You do realise call of duty is one of the most played games ever right? Player numbers on MW2 back compat are still higher than Battlefield 1 is getting.

This is a very small sample of a very small sample, people on rllmuk probably will stick with Battlefield longer, but that’s because most on here are older and can’t get on with the frantic pace of COD for too long, but Blackout looks to be something of a sweet spot for a lot of old call of duty players.

Battlefield has never and will never have the player numbers of COD.

I didn't say it wasn't? That doesn't mean numbers won't drop off, and I would be surprised if there are too many people still playing this on rllmuk in 6 months time.

If you want a fps where your constantly being kept on your toes and it's very fast paced then call of duty's definately the way to go but if you don't then battlefields a pretty good alternative. The game's are very different in terms of gameplay, just because COD's got the most number of players or is maybe a bit more refined doesn't mean you should write off alternative games.  It's like comparing fortnite to the previous call of duty. Both shooter's but they both appeal to different audiences in terms of gameplay.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Theholyhogg said:

#teamcod

#teamcodandhavetopayanextra£15soIcancarryonplayingwithfriendseverytimethereisnewdlcout

It's going to be battlefield for me again I suspect this year, though this will tie me over until then, I suspect I'll play more of the battle royale than multiplayer though, the multiplayer does remind me of old school mw2 style though which is a positive for me (that's the era that I enjoyed most with COD)

I'll probably be getting BF5 when it comes out as I enjoyed the beta. I would get COD for blackout but then there's Red Dead coming up, and I've still got Spider-Man to finish and the Destiny expansions I'm working through. Fuck me there's just too many games these days. :blah:

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Luseth said:

#teamcodandhavetopayanextra£15soIcancarryonplayingwithfriendseverytimethereisnewdlcout

It's going to be battlefield for me again I suspect this year, though this will tie me over until then, I suspect I'll play more of the battle royale than multiplayer though, the multiplayer does remind me of old school mw2 style though which is a positive for me (that's the era that I enjoyed most with COD)

U bought cod too lol ,I ain't buying no DLC lol

4 minutes ago, Theholyhogg said:

We really are spoiled.this is the golden age of gaming.

I agree, I don't think there is a big title game coming out at the moment that I wouldn't enjoy in some fashion. It would be nice if they were spread out a bit more over the year though because my bank balance doesn't like this time of the year....

8 minutes ago, Theholyhogg said:

U bought cod too lol ,I ain't buying no DLC lol

I have but it will be traded in towards something else before you know it (whichever big title I decide I want next most likely) ^_^ But if you don't buy the dlc and say Mack does or Smithstock or anyone else then that hinders one or the others experience (either they play without half their maps or you just dont play together). I suspect that won't affect the battle royale though, i've not heard plans of their being dlc for that?

A plus with battlefield this time around (and to some extent they toyed with ideas with BF1 with premium friends and at points they gave the dlc away for free anyway) but the dlc this time around will cost nothing :)

Anyway's is anyone up for some games either on cod or fifa tonight? :)

I'll be on,need to go stuck into the mp ,blackout is sooooo good when ur alive but every time I die vinnie,gooner or smithstock decide they gonna go for the win :lol: so im playing clash for 15 min 

Suppose i should git gud

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1