SaintM

The random discussion thread

Aye I don't think it's worth trying to go lone wolf in a squad when everyone dies. It's cool for an epic win but everyone else is twiddling thumbs whilst you try. 

Battlefield though, has been on a downward spiral, barring the spring patch, since BF4. It's a different kettle of fish to CoD (pun unintended) and the gunplay is so vanilla. With the introduction of Blackout; you've got the scale of Battlefield, a refinement of PUBG's mechanics and the tactile gunplay of CoD, at 60fps. It's not quite FIFA vs Pro Evo but it could be the start of goodnight Vienna, and that is coming from a Battlefield veteran. 

Do we need to ask the powers that be of Rllmuk to change the name of the section from the fifa online football league as they seem to have all died a death and have our own mini sub section of the forum? And if so what do we get them to call it :P

Also @Jamin your banned from posting in the BAP thread because everytime I see you post in there you get my hopes up thinking you are returning

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

Haha, appreciate that pal and I miss the lols and party fun but I just don't enjoy playing FIFA anymore, fair play to those that do, you're more patient than I! I have less time than ever to game so gotta play stuff I enjoy. Hope you guys are able to get some kind of league going, I live in hope that the next iteration is better.

I'll be getting Battlefield on day one and obvs RDR too so hopefully catch up with yas then. You should all be playing Rocket League too because games last 5 minutes, a fair few of us still play and it's super fun.

• Upvote 2

I have it  but I just ain't good enough! I think you guys would just end up carrying me 99% of the time sadly lol

RDR and battlefield though are 2 games I can gaurantee I'll get though both on day 1 I would think!

2 hours ago, Luseth said:

Do we need to ask the powers that be of Rllmuk to change the name of the section from the fifa online football league as they seem to have all died a death and have our own mini sub section of the forum? And if so what do we get them to call it :P

Also @Jamin your banned from posting in the BAP thread because everytime I see you post in there you get my hopes up thinking you are returning

giphy.gif

No, Fifa is still sufficiently big enough and has enough players with lots of discussion points to still warrant this area of the forum, plus I think we could get BAP going again on 16 or 17 I think enough of us bought them digital and if not they can be picked up for a quid or £1.50 in most used sections.

• Upvote 2

On 24/10/2018 at 18:47, gooner4life said:

No, Fifa is still sufficiently big enough and has enough players with lots of discussion points to still warrant this area of the forum, plus I think we could get BAP going again on 16 or 17 I think enough of us bought them digital and if not they can be picked up for a quid or £1.50 in most used sections.

Yea keep it as it is. The term football probably keeps out a lot of pesky mukkers. 

• Upvote 2

On 24/10/2018 at 18:47, gooner4life said:

We have 17 signed up to the latest fifa even without you and Jamin and no one is willing to go ahead with the league so I would be highly surprised if people were willing to go backwards with the same numbers.

That said with so few playing pro clubs now I'm probably close to calling it a day myself with the series.

3 hours ago, Theholyhogg said:

Its dead guys :(

Lets play some black ops,apart from @Sladey19 who got every killcam at the end of the games despite me getting 4 kills within a second:quote:

That man was on fire

I'm in!

Just got red dead too.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Baring said:

Just got red dead too.

I think this and battlefield will be my multiplayer games for the foreseeable. I don't have time for more than a couple anymore :(

Who’s all planning on playing Red Dead Online when it goes live? I hear they’re possibly including a battle royale mode but I’m more interested in the co op stuff like the first game had. 

• Upvote 1

Fucking ME!

I want someone to sit and play Poker with. I want to go on a big fishing trip where we just find a nice spot with a beautiful lake and relax. I want to get drunk and fight with the locals. I want to shoot a guy because I didn’t like the colour of his hat. I want to rob banks, steal gold, catch bounties and cook stew. I want to do it all with you guys!

In case you were wondering RDR2 is the greatest game I have played in my entire life!

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

@MardiganX If you ask me, what you really want is a boyfriend.

I would be the greatest boyfriend since Heath Ledger spat on his hand!

14 hours ago, Baring said:

Read dead isn’t that good Mards! 

I'm sure it isn't. But Red Dead is incredible :)

• Upvote 1

I've hit chapter 3 and whilst it does have plenty of issues I think it's great. I don't feel the need to rush through and complete the story or to compete with friends. It's a nice jaunt where you can literally ride down the dirt roads and come across brigands holding up carriages and choose to help out or kill the lot and take the winnings for yourself or come across some helpless chap being circled by wolves whilst he has no ammo left in his revolver.

There's plenty going on and I'm really enjoying it so far ^_^

Quite looking forward to the multiplayer, it had best be good.

I spent 3 hours last night playing Five Finger Fillet and hunting down a couple of the Gunslingers the writer guy from Valentine asks you to track down. In between those things I stumbled across an ruined Church that was being used as a camp by Lemoyne boys so I took them out and found a lovely permanent stamina boost item. 3 hours not progressing the story at all but enjoying every moment in the game.

I’m just into chapter 2 but have only done a couple of the missions. Spending most of my time roaming the wilderness to hunt. 

One thing thats bugging me though, how do I clear satchel space? I can’t store pelts that I’ve skinned as it’s full. 

2 hours ago, AlfromSleep said:

I’m just into chapter 2 but have only done a couple of the missions. Spending most of my time roaming the wilderness to hunt. 

One thing thats bugging me though, how do I clear satchel space? I can’t store pelts that I’ve skinned as it’s full. 

You can sell the skins and almost everything in your satchel at a shop, donate almost all of the contents to the camp (at the money symbol on Dutch’s tent), give stuff to the camp cook (big round guy, looks like Santa if he was an alcoholic, can’t rememebr his name) or craft a bigger satchel :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Baring said:

When does fast travel come into it? 

You can fast travel to specific locations using the train stations or stagecoaches provide you don’t have a bounty on your head and then proper fast travel from the camp to locations you have been becomes available on chapter 3.

1 hour ago, AlfromSleep said:

I’m liking the cinematic when travelling to places, just change the view and hold X while admiring the amazing visuals. 

I still can’t believe how they have achieved this. It’s absolutely stunning whether it’s riding across a wide open range or wandering around a town looking for a fight :)