Xenoblade Chronicles - Wii

1 minute ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

:(

Thanks for the reply though! I'm still kind of intrigued but I'm probably better off waiting until it's really really really cheap. Bought Xenoblade Chronicles 2 full price which was a bummer :lol:

This is not very likely to happen. See if you can find a first X hours play through on YouTube to get a feel for it.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

:(

You're talking to a guy with a Lego Monado as his avatar. You're not gonna get a measured response from me. :D

• Upvote 8

I have this game on Wii, N3DS and I have the WiiU and Switch games as well.

Every single one I've bounced off due to the hectic and (to me) rubbish combat.

I really want to love this series - but I can't.  But there is still a part of me that is like 4th times the charm?

• Upvote 2

I bought XC2 as it was released during the Switch frenzy, it looked really cool from the videos, and, despite me being at that time.

I adored every moment of it so much.  It reignited that feeling I with games as a kid more than any other game has.  As soon as I got home I wanted, no, needed to play it.  I was emotionally engrossed with the story, the richness of the characters, and that music!

I bought the 3DS remake shortly after finishing the Torna DLS for XC2, but don't do more than 1 'big' game at a time, and was playing one of the Yakuza titles, then this remake was announced, so I shelved it.

It's fair to say I'm more than a little excited for this game, in fact I think I'm more excited than for any other game in the last few years, or longer even!

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

Yeah, form what I understand 2 moved away from what made 1 so good.

I've seen this mentioned a couple of times, and it does worry me a little though! :lol:

• Upvote 1

There’s certainly a constituency of XC1 fans who don’t like XC2, but I’ve never seen any proper arguments beyond “XC2 is too anime” and “Rex’s VA is bad at screaming”, so I think it’s largely a taste thing rather than anyone breaking the mechanics. I guess the gacha stuff rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, but if you relax your completist tendencies and just view it as a randomiser, it’s good fun. 

I like them both a lot. XC2 has the better battle system IMO - the cancels make you focus on the present, while the orbs get you planning strategically in longer battles. XC1 towards the end is pretty much spam arts and wait for recharges. That said, XC1 arguably offers more diverse combat types (Melia is pretty much unique, while Shulk’s Monaco arts and Riki’s DoT focus don’t really have an XC2 analogue).

Both have great music, best-in-class localisation and likeable characters, although I’d say the XC1 characters are a bit more human in their motivations. XC1 skews a bit more serious in tone, and XC2 a bit more comic (although it’s pretty serious too by the endgame). XC1 wild environments probably just have the edge, while XC2’s towns are much better. 

tl;dr - they’re both good, and I can’t really understand liking one and not the other. I can entirely understand liking them both but not the charmless XCX, though. 

• Upvote 4

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition is up for pre-order at store.nintendo.co.uk.

Collector's Set £89.99

EDIT: £79.85 at Shopto

• Upvote 2
21 minutes ago, DAB said:

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition is up for pre-order at store.nintendo.co.uk.

Collector's Set £89.99

My hero. :wub:

I absolutely loved this on the Wii, so am very tempted by this version. Although I'm supposed to be starting a university course in September, so should be saving as much as possible between now and then. Although with things the way they are, who knows if that's even going to happen?

Basically, what I'm saying is I'm definitely getting this.

• Upvote 4
3 minutes ago, Ninja Doctor said:

Any excuse to post this:B225B6D2-8DCA-4B8E-8146-0E95A0D02DF4.jpeg.cb39993a988864becc542d0076b69e70.jpeg

And now you get to do it all again! (I think my endgame was about 115 hours all told)

I’d love it if they brought some quality of life improvements over from XCX and XC2, particularly:

- Quest XP tracked separately to battle XP, and only optionally redeemed. It was waaaay to easy to get over-levelled in XC1 if you did all the side quests.

- Gravestones for unique monsters letting you re-summon them at will.

- Cosmetic Armour options, so you can choose what a character looks like. The motley of XC1s armour is part of the joy, but sometimes the ladies outfits are a bit much, and having to pick between the best armour stats-wise and one that doesn’t have their tits out isn’t so good.

- Break/Topple timer bars. Based on the trailer, looks like they’ve added these. Maybe they’ll finally add some indicator of spike damage too. 

• Upvote 2
27 minutes ago, Alexlotl said:

I’d love it if they brought some quality of life improvements over from XCX and XC2, particularly:

- Quest XP tracked separately to battle XP, and only optionally redeemed. It was waaaay to easy to get over-levelled in XC1 if you did all the side quests.

- Gravestones for unique monsters letting you re-summon them at will.

- Cosmetic Armour options, so you can choose what a character looks like. The motley of XC1s armour is part of the joy, but sometimes the ladies outfits are a bit much, and having to pick between the best armour stats-wise and one that doesn’t have their tits out isn’t so good.

- Break/Topple timer bars. Based on the trailer, looks like they’ve added these. Maybe they’ll finally add some indicator of spike damage too. 

In this day and age the titty armour is usually dlc! 

21 hours ago, DAB said:

Collector's Set £89.99

They've put the price up to £89.95 and it's sold out. It's sold out on Nintendo as well and Game want me to pay for delivery. Anyone know of anyone else selling this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Sane said:

Looking forward to this. I really hope it has japanese voices though, the english is classic JRPG terrible :facepalm:.

It has dual audio, apparently. 

Some people love the English dub for some reason. Have they worked on the animation. I fired up the wii version the other day and the running/walking animation is all sorts of awful.