Sign in to follow this  
The Sarge

The Witcher 2 - 360 Footage - Post #1674

Can anyone with an ATI (or nVidia for that matter) confirm if he's having terrible foliage pop in when loading a previous save with the EE (check video on previous page)?

Nvidia here. Starting a new game works fine and it looks fucking beautiful! Did it always look this sharp or did add higher quality textures too in this update? Or is it just the improved lighting? Anyway, loading up an older save results in the same problem you are having, so you'd better start a new game.

• Upvote 1

Nvidia here. Starting a new game works fine and it looks fucking beautiful! Did it always look this sharp or did add higher quality textures too in this update? Or is it just the improved lighting? Anyway, loading up an older save results in the same problem you are having, so you'd better start a new game.

Phew... Thank God it's a compatibility issue. Though at the beginning there's no foliage to test...

Thanks Mr. Gerbik. I'm gonna start a new game.

Ah man, I've just started ME3 but Game of Thrones has got me hankering for more medieval RPG goodness!

So tempted.

On the 360 is the enhanced edition the only version? It seems to come with quite a lot!

Amazon have spectacularly failed to even post my preorder out before launch day.. god knows when I'll get it :(

Jeez, that's unlucky and in my experience unusual. Amazon seemed to the be the hands-down winner for this release on price + reliability, plus I have M Popek from the QA team's signature.

The trade in offer at Game is excellent value.............................assuming they have the game in stock. Just popped in to the Sutton branch to see if they have the guide (they don't) and all they have is a pile of display cases.

Someone tell me if I done a wrong.

Popped into Game today and the PC version was £29.99 for the Enhanced Edition or £19.99 for the older Premium Edition. I bought the Premium Edition assuming that the new stuff was just a download so have saved myself £10. Is that right?

EDIT: D'you know what, I don't care. I have a cursed coin in my Premium Edition - eat that losers!

For anyone playing the PC EE with a 360 controller, do you remember if you had to push twice on the analogue stick to choose a sign? I press LT and then I have to push the left analogue twice to go to the signs. Is this normal?

For anyone playing the PC EE with a 360 controller, do you remember if you had to push twice on the analogue stick to choose a sign? I press LT and then I have to push the left analogue twice to go to the signs. Is this normal?

Yeah think so.

Someone tell me if I done a wrong.

Popped into Game today and the PC version was £29.99 for the Enhanced Edition or £19.99 for the older Premium Edition. I bought the Premium Edition assuming that the new stuff was just a download so have saved myself £10. Is that right?

EDIT: D'you know what, I don't care. I have a cursed coin in my Premium Edition - eat that losers!

Yeah you saved yourself £10, the Enhanced Edition is a free patch (a 11GB free patch in fact!)

• Upvote 1

After watching the amazing intro I've just completed the tutorial. I wish I could have stayed a bit longer in the area to practice combat because I was a bit overwhelmed with all the options at my disposal. I was fumbling around trying to remember how I can use signs, lay traps, throw knives, throw bombs, use soft or hard attack with a sword, parry, counter attack, roll. And all this after drinking potions. I didn't kill anyone in the final tutorial battle where I was left to my own devices and promptly died within a minute. The message then came up that the tutorial was over and that it recommended me to play on Easy difficulty. I was like, "Don't dismiss me like that, I've finished Dark Souls, goddammit, I'm not crap". So I switched to Normal difficulty figuring I'll learn on the way.

You'll learn on the way :) Just keep in mind that it's an RPG first and foremost, so those who like to read and do research have a huge advantage over those who skim read the journal and don't bother buying and collecting books with useful info.

• Upvote 1

After watching the amazing intro I've just completed the tutorial. I wish I could have stayed a bit longer in the area to practice combat because I was a bit overwhelmed with all the options at my disposal. I was fumbling around trying to remember how I can use signs, lay traps, throw knives, throw bombs, use soft or hard attack with a sword, parry, counter attack, roll. And all this after drinking potions. I didn't kill anyone in the final tutorial battle where I was left to my own devices and promptly died within a minute. The message then came up that the tutorial was over and that it recommended me to play on Easy difficulty. I was like, "Don't dismiss me like that, I've finished Dark Souls, goddammit, I'm not crap". So I switched to Normal difficulty figuring I'll learn on the way.

Same here for the most part. The tutorial was overwhelming in the extreme and just swamps you with instructions, the prologue was mostly awful and now the main game has turned out to be some kind of Assassin's Fable kind of deal. Didn't expect that to be honest. The town hub that I'm in now is unconvincing and crap like it always is in these kind of games, just with adolescent, bawdy dialogue, QTE fight sequences and fucking brummies everywhere.

Not looking good at all to me so far.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

Exactly the same for me in the Tutorial, died very quickly when I sat with the skill wheel open trying to decide what signs, bombs or traps to use as it doesn't seem to pause the game ?

It would also be nice if you could move whilst trying to parry, maybe I haven't worked it out yet or its a skill unlock ?

Despite that I really enjoyed the Prologue.

Same here for the most part. The tutorial was overwhelming in the extreme and just swamps you with instructions, the prologue was mostly awful and now the main game has turned out to be some kind of Assassin's Fable kind of deal. Didn't expect that to be honest. The town hub that I'm in now is unconvincing and crap like it always is in these kind of games, just with adolescent, bawdy dialogue, QTE fight sequences and fucking brummies everywhere.

Not looking good at all to me so far.

Your taste is clearly all in your mouth.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It's a brilliant game for fans of the genre, but there's going to be a lot of people checking out this game due to it's (deserved) reputation and discovering it's nothing like Skyrim or Fable and declare it to be shit because they don't have the patience, couldn't care about the story, or they just die every other encounter. Fair enough and no big deal really, I actually prefer games that go deep into the mechanics of their respective genres and try to advance the genre that way instead of trying to be all things to all people.

I dunno how many hours i've played (savefile doesn't say), but it's definitely 'clicked' after a very daunting introduction.

Currently Level 11 and only scratched the surface as far as upgrades/perks/abilities go. Looking forward to properly defining my character as i progress.

Love it. :wub:

Well I'm enjoying this quite a bit...

But I can't do the first bit of combat in the prologue (to the Ballista)...die everytime. Don't think it helps that Q is your magic button and 1 is your "put away sword" button. So many mistakes made :facepalm:

Lovely world and setting though - little bit overwehlmed!

Also I know people have said this was "adult", but it's only been an hour and I've had all sorts of swears, and seen boobies, nips and muff! :eyebrows:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The movement just feels stilted and I get the buttons mixed up. The former is messing me up most.

... couldn't they have just made it like Dark Souls?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Only just got around to trying this tonight.. That new "intro" is pretty special! :wub:

Also it looks and runs much better on my rig than the previous version did. Having played the same sections only a week ago I'm really noticing the improvements.

I have to agree. Something is off with the bloom. I tend to play in ultra settings with ubersambling and bloom off and it looks lovely and sharp.

I wish there was more buzz for this game. As a long time fan of The Witcher games and books I would dearly love for this game to get propelled up to the same heights as Skyrim or Mass Effect.

I have to agree. Something is off with the bloom. I tend to play in ultra settings with ubersambling and bloom off and it looks lovely and sharp.

I wish there was more buzz for this game. As a long time fan of The Witcher games and books I would dearly love for this game to get propelled up to the same heights as Skyrim or Mass Effect.

It should. It's a superlative series to both. Especially when it comes to characters, atmosphere and story telling, it completely trashes them.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This is shoddy as hell so far. Bad animation, really horrible feeling controls, pop up everywhere, glitchy. In one battle my sword decided to disappear and my character was swinging mid-air for a while. In one cutscene a soldier's head disappeared for a few seconds.

Loved the CG intro so I'm disappointed with the poor general quality so far. I'll give it a couple more hours because I like tonnes of the ideas so far, and the writing seems a cut above any other fantasy game I've played. Maybe I'll be able to see past the shoddiness.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6