Sign in to follow this  
ckny

Festivals 2010

V Festival lineup was announced tonight.

poster.jpg

Saw KoL at Leeds and Kasabian at the Oasis Heaton Park gigs last year but this is probably the festival I'll attend as I want to take the missus on her first festival experience. Besides, Courteeners, Editors, Prodigy, Weller, White Lies, FatM and loads more should be worth it.

Just been reading the rumoured Leeds/Reading headliners are Arcade Fire, Blink-182 and My Chemical Romance. Urgh.

Glasto has Muse and Stevie Wonder announced of course.

So there we go, I suppose we can use this as a catch-all festival thread until nearer the time when the big ones get their own threads. :lol:

Glade ticket is booked already so I'm looking forward to that. I won't care what the line up is, I'll have a good time, but I am looking forward to Orbital.

My friends are talking about going to Ozora. It's a bit psy-trancey crusty hippy trancey....but if I'm honest some of that cheesy stuff I do enjoy when in the moment. I'll be going more for the fact that we're talking about hiring a minibus and roadtripping (not literally) all the way to Budapest. It's a small festival and is supposed to be a really nice vibe.

If I can afford it I'll also consider Bestival. I really regret not going last year as all my friends had an amazing time and the fancy dress element looks like fun. It seems to be a really eclectic mix of decent stuff, like the V festival if it wasn't so generically mainstream. Some proper decent acts. The Tom Middleton set looked especially good: http://www.be-at.tv/#/brands/sunday-best/b.../tom-middleton/

I'm going Primavera this year (or at least will be as long as uni exams don't clash with it). It'll be the first time I've been, pretty excited. Still need to sort out flights and accommodation though.

I see V-Festival once again looks like hell on earth.

I just looked at the line up so far for Bestival 2010. Fever Ray, Gil Scott Heron, ROXY MUSIC. Amazing. I just bought my ticket. Ticketmaster have a 'payment' plan where they'll take 4 payments spread out so it takes the sting out of the ticket price so, I got my ticket for that. 2 festival tickets secured now, wahey!

I am hitting Exit Festival in Serbia again this year. It was so much better than British fests I've been to it is literally laughable. Ricardo Villalobos and Chemical Bros confirmed thus far.

Managed to get myself into Glastonbury for this year by offering to volunteer. All I had to do was leave a deposit of £100 and I'll get the money back after the festival is over and I may be able to miss the bloody awful U2 if I'm lucky!

Download actually looks pretty good this year: AC/DC, Rage and Aerosmith headlining along with Stone Temple Pilots (!), Wolfmother, Megadeth and fucking Billy Idol! Of there is still the usual amount of wanky rock/metal which is inevitable, but there is usually a dodgy one headlining with little else to tempt. Unfortunately, our 3rd child is due in June so it's a firm no go...

Other than ATP in May, I'm planning on doing the Unsound festival in Poland later in the year. European festivals are the way forward I feel.

Mostly Jazz Festival this year:

Saturday

Main Stage

Sun Ra Arkestra

Quantic and his Combo Barbaro

James Taylor Quartet

Polar Bear

Led Bib

Sister Henry & The Prescriptions

Yardbird Stage

Leftfoot DJ Set

Lizzy Parks

The Fantastics!

Nick Pride & The Pimptones

The Getup

Groove Cartel

Sunday

Main Stage

Courtney Pine

Portico Quartet

Cymande All-Stars

Gary Potter Trio

The Bright Size Gypsies

Andy Hamilton & The Blue Notes

Steve Ajao

Birmingham Jazz Stage

Sara Colman

Moon Unit

Chris Bowden Trio

TG Collective Trio

MC3

Beebe

Birmingham Jazz Youth Group

Got Bangface to loo kforward to in April for some 'orrible noise then I really really want to go to Glade again. Will be my 4th year in a row and it just gets better :)

Any advice for getting major festival tickets? I've always had mine bought for me but I'm flying solo tomorrow. Is it just a case of hammering F5 and the phones and hoping for the best?

Christ, I don't particularly dislike any V Festival bands but that lineup looks like it'd bore me to death.

I've got Sonisphere (definitely) and Download (maybe) lined up - on a cushy deal this year, one of my friends is married to a guy who books for a few bands and so has scored tickets to some festivals, it's whether or not I can get the time off work. Sonisphere is a cert for me - Maiden are headlining and I'm one of those crazy stalker fans - and I'd quite like to get to Download as well.

Any advice for getting major festival tickets? I've always had mine bought for me but I'm flying solo tomorrow. Is it just a case of hammering F5 and the phones and hoping for the best?

Look for pro-tips on a forum with people trying. Last two years I've managed Reading tickets (even though I er...didn't buy any the first year, I changed my mind when I got through) from pro-tips on here. Usually involving some sort of "https".

Reading, so I would presume Leeds, was completely civillised by paying the extra for the tangerine fields camping.

Got Bangface to loo kforward to in April for some 'orrible noise then I really really want to go to Glade again. Will be my 4th year in a row and it just gets better :blink:

I wouldn't mind doing Bangface, either. The lineup's pretty sick so far.

Christ, I don't particularly dislike any V Festival bands but that lineup looks like it'd bore me to death.

I've got Sonisphere (definitely) and Download (maybe) lined up - on a cushy deal this year, one of my friends is married to a guy who books for a few bands and so has scored tickets to some festivals, it's whether or not I can get the time off work. Sonisphere is a cert for me - Maiden are headlining and I'm one of those crazy stalker fans - and I'd quite like to get to Download as well.

Gonna go to this for Maiden. Definitely. Need a fix, it's been too long.

Anyone know much about the festival otherwise? I've never heard of it.

Gonna go to this for Maiden. Definitely. Need a fix, it's been too long.

Anyone know much about the festival otherwise? I've never heard of it.

I went last year and had a great time. Generally friendly crowd, they managed the two main stages really well (you could catch all the acts on both main stages if you wanted) and it's in a lovely setting.

The food and drink wasn't too bad and plenty of bogs.

9th Glastonbury on the trot for me, think it might be my last for a while so I may go all out.

Also hope to get to one of either Glade, Bestival, Secret Garden Party or Electric Picnic.

Oh and Field Day and maybe a couple of other day festivals, roll on the summer!

Anyone been to Dour before? My brother was talking about going and it coincides with my birthday, so seemed like a good idea. I can only see camping options on the website (or some fancy hut thing), can you do a cheap hotel nearby at all? I'm too old for that camping shit.