IGNORED

Crysis 2

The Sarge

PC Gamer Scans/Info. (Dec 09)

z46xA.jpg

2wTUy.jpg

The February 2010 issue of PC Gamer Magazine has the first, tiny morsels of information and in-game screens (one above) of EA and Crytek's hotly anticipated, yet secretive Crysis sequel. Announced -- well, teased -- all the way back at EA's E3 press conference, all we've seen so far is the new and improved Nanosuit 2.0, the supersoldier armor our protagonist will be wearing that assists in the killing of aliens and bad guys. That, and glimpses of the CryENGINE 3 technology.

Nathan Camarillo, executive producer on Crysis 2, tells the magazine that the sequel won't take place on another tropical island setting as we're used to. Instead, Crysis 2 makes the jump to a "new style of jungle" -- something they aren't ready to fully discuss just yet.

"We are applying our expertise to a new style of "jungle" which we will discuss more in the upcoming months, but it is definitely far from tropical," says Camarillo. "We are very excited to introduce Crysis-style sandbox gameplay to a different, yet ultimately familiar environment."

He adds that the team "expects to have increased verticality over the traditional Crysis sandbox," and as such the enemy AI is being overhauled to utilize their new surroundings. When queried on the ever present "Crysis is going to consoles, so the design must be gimped" topic, Camarillo explains that that's "not necessarily" the case. "In some ways it has allowed us to avoid overdesigning features, to keep the focus narrower and tight for a compelling experience on all platforms."

Further, Crytek want their Far Cry successor to finally be included among the "successful cross-platform shooter franchises." "There are many successful cross-platform shooter franchises on the market, and it's time that Crysis sat proudly among that group. ... Crytek will always push the technological boundaries." Crysis 2 is currently slated for release in the latter half of 2010, though no official date has been set.

fdrY3.jpg

The supersuit-enhanced cat has officially leaped out of the bag, folks -- Crysis 2 will be set in New York City. According to a "World Exclusive" Twitter image of the next PlayStation: The Official Magazine's cover (partially seen above), the upcoming sequel plans to give players a chance to blast off the faces of "aliens invading NYC," employing the already teased "Nanosuit 2.0."

As the Crysis 2 cover is set for the March issue of PTOM, we expect to start hearing more details on the sequel over the next few weeks as subscribers start getting their copies (and subsequently begin filling the internet with said details).

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/20/crysis-2...is-to-new-york/

:)

Can't wait. This time i'll have a computer able to run it full whack.

I wouldn't worry about that since this one is made with the current consoles' capabilities in mind, so your old computer could probably run it fine ;):hmm:

But seriously:

1) holy shit what a crap magazine!

2)I don't like the idea of Far Cry/Crysis in an urban environment, especially one that has been done to death in games in the last few years. Why does it seem like every single fucking game must be set in either fucking WWII or fucking New fucking York?

Edit: I just remembered that there was some recent crappy game that was set in New York during WWII! Man, those developers must have thought they had stumbled onto the best game idea ever! :quote:

YES.

Having only just played Crysis (and Warhead), this is fantastic news. Crysis is brilliant and not just a graphical toy - I just hope there's more soldiers of various kinds to outsmart, rather than just the aliens (which were good in small doses but I don't want a whole game full of them).

If it retains the flexability of the first game's combat, and has lots of soldiers to fight, it can't fail to be good.

When queried on the ever present "Crysis is going to consoles, so the design must be gimped" topic, Camarillo explains that that's "not necessarily" the case. "In some ways it has allowed us to avoid overdesigning features, to keep the focus narrower and tight for a compelling experience on all platforms."

Hmm. Hmm. HMM.

So that's goodbye to the huge maps, then.

Awesome news. Ever since I played Crysis I've been waiting for this.

I'll probably hold off until the demos to decide whether to go PS3 or PC; my gaming rig can just about manage Crysis at a solid framerate with decent graphics, so hopefully CryEngine 3 won't completely fuck it over.

Can't wait. This time i'll have a computer able to run it full whack.

If your PC is from 2015.... Lets hope that by porting their new engine to the less powerful HD consoles they decide to do a spot of optimisation this time. Even when I had a quad GPU setup (2 x 4870x2 and arse clinchingly high electricity bills to match) Crysis could still make my machine beg for mercy.

Oh and more games should have the nanosuit, punching people through buildings never gets old.

YES.

Having only just played Crysis (and Warhead), this is fantastic news. Crysis is brilliant and not just a graphical toy - I just hope there's more soldiers of various kinds to outsmart, rather than just the aliens (which were good in small doses but I don't want a whole game full of them).

+this

Crysis, and moreso Warhead, were more held back by their prohibitive graphics than anything else. Large portions of the gameplay were really very good, owing to the on-the-fly ability switching allowing for so many creative combat options.

How many games are actually set in New York, though? I can't think of any off the top of my head, except Die Hard Trilogy.

Well, Prototype is set in NYC, but I think the poster's point is that loads of recent superhero-powered games are set in NYC (or a facsimile of it) with loads more to come. It's this year's cel shading/lens flare.