rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
revlob

The most beautiful game in the world

Just LOOK AT IT:

Via RPS

It's been a long time since I ever got so excited about a game from a single teaser trailer. If the game plays half as good as it looks, fans of this tragically overlooked genre will finally have something to play other than (albeit quite good) ports of Freespace.

Hmm.....not really doing it for me. Ship designs look poor/bland and i'm not struck on the explosions either.

I played FS3 a fair bit and even enjoyed P. Slypheed although i've not looked at the HL2 mod.

but what we really need is Freespace 3.

This.... or another Privateer...or a new Elite...or a new Freelancer. Or a new Wing Commander. But on top of the shelf, another X-Wing vs Tie Fighter game.

This.... or another Privateer...or a new Elite...or a new Freelancer. Or a new Wing Commander. But on top of the shelf, another X-Wing vs Tie Fighter game.

Or another I-War... That was fantastic. As was the sequel. And warhead. Happy days...

Just a new Space combat sim will do as long as it doesn't control like shit and looks nice.

Hope that they do a good job, if they do it looks like Saitek will be getting some of my cash as I splash out on another leftie joystick!

Just LOOK AT IT:

Via RPS

It's been a long time since I ever got so excited about a game from a single teaser trailer. If the game plays half as good as it looks, fans of this tragically overlooked genre will finally have something to play other than (albeit quite good) ports of Freespace.

graphically it looks very nice - but I wouldn't say it's beautiful. That's different.

PC only... oh well.

Looks alright, but I don't fancy the art direction. The lighting could stand to be a lot better too.

Honestly though, if someone took the technical dogfighting of IL2 and threw in some xwings or summat, I'd be happy.

Graphics are good n all, but ai is key in dogfighting games - even Freespace often devolved into circling matches.

Actually it looks like the focus on this game is going to be the multiplayer. LOVE IS OVER :hat:

I was hoping for another compelling space opera told via the medium of zero-g combat.

Bumping an old thread bc title was most-relevant.

I sat down after dinner last night, turned out the lights, cranked the sound up and had a straight run through Inside.

Might be the best-looking game I've ever played.

As you were then.

7 hours ago, Dark Soldier said:

Nah its Gris

Have to agree. Just been playing this on the PC. It's an audio / visual delight... no idea what I'm supposed to be doing but just loving the music and visuals. :) 

Its currently on gamepass if anyone wants to give it a try....

• Upvote 1

66941223-4AB0-462B-9DC6-0AC39B89FE14.thumb.jpeg.da0c08f65167909232b207f826e3a51a.jpeg

Monument Valley

7D0736AC-049D-40EE-8CD0-1DF51C14FB64.jpeg.21d20fa79d649bb60e436454d0e10b9d.jpeg

Yoshi’s Island

3D221500-5AB6-4C11-A8A7-F575B51F07EE.png.dade2643f360c828a0c05bbab2a7ff59.png

Vib Ribbon

• Upvote 1

To be honest, my favourite looking video game to date is Mario Kart 8 and it has been since its release on the Wii U. I dunno what it is, but it's a mix between classic video gamey stylings, nice use of colours, great animation, great draw distance and there's a certain physicality in the way the surroundings look. 

To me, Mario Kart 8 is the perfect example of how a video game should look. 

• Upvote 4