kerraig UK

The worst crimes in music

On 27/06/2018 at 14:56, Giraffetastic said:

Don't know why comments are disabled???

surely, amateur shit doesnt count for this thread lol

On 29/06/2018 at 23:45, 5R7 said:

surely, amateur shit doesnt count for this thread lol

Most mainstream "hip hop" sounds like this these days and sometimes even worse.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Pink Floyd's dark side of the moon is a masterpiece, but two things that really piss me off about it..

Brain damage/great gig in the sky being two tracks. On shuffle it's a massive prick tease.

Its one of the greatest albums to drift off to sleep to, except for the bit in the middle which is 20 straight seconds of alarm clocks going off.

On 28/07/2018 at 22:23, Avuncular said:

That's pretty much everything in the top 20 these days isn't it? And just so it's not a casual diss, I just had a listen to this week's UK top 40 on Spotify, well, I skimmed through it. And guess what, this German song is actually better than the charts because at least it has a hook, albeit a slight one. This topic has some big musical crimes but let's face it, they're usually entertaining with it. The charts is the worst musical crime because it's straight-up boring, earnest, you can hear the same production ideas in multiple songs, it's like they're all aiming for the same exact sound because that's guaranteed to get plays on streaming.

Give me some of that criminally daft music any day over this.

Yes I am in my 40s, it's the law to bitch about the charts like your dad.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I'd say they've put out a few absolutely stinking albums (as well as being a bit unlikeable at times).

One of those bands whose best work still manages to overcome all of that though. That particular cover above would shame a bad busker.

7 hours ago, McFly said:

I love Metallica but their album with Lou Reed is fucking horrendous.

It's quite possibly the worst album ever made.

• Upvote 1

It launched a good meme though.

A mate of mine properly hates Metallica for not being true enough to metal and takes any opportunity to rip on their fans. He was going on about how shit Lulu was but how the fans were such sheep that it would probably still sell millions. It's been like 6 years and it's barely broke 50k :lol: 

Not really in the same league as Lulu but a Deep Purple live show from 2011 was on sky arts last night, I was all like 'fuck yeah opening with Highway Star boyyy' and then Gillen started singing.  And then he started singing along with the solos as well. 

Jeeeeeeesus

• Upvote 1

I've never been much of a deep purple fan but their shows appear a lot on sky arts due to all the middle aged folk who watch that channel, so I have seen a few of them. I've never seen a band so variable - some of the shows are amazing, then some are total clusterfucks like that. His voice was pretty fucked thirty years ago though, exhibit a: 

not sure if the Black Sabbath run did him in or something like that. (but again, I've seen shows from after that where he sounded fine).

im putting this in here....as i want people to watch it lol (also, i like little big, but anyway) lol

• Downvote 1

On 15/10/2018 at 19:21, 5R7 said:

im putting this in here....as i want people to watch it lol (also, i like little big, but anyway) lol

I think this might be brilliant

• Upvote 1

That thing where music videos (it's almost always dance music for some reason) can't come up with good ideas so they just decide to chuck in as much lol-random stuff as possible in hopes of going viral.

See: this page.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

actually I'm being harsh, the bit when the big lad starts singing has provided me with more Joy than most artists' whole catalogs

On 08/11/2018 at 15:09, Unofficial Who said:

Not sure if this is the worst music ever or brilliant performance art.

Which led to this

well... that was a roller coaster lol, i feel like somebody uploaded an old a-level drama project...then that second vid happened lol