IGNORED

NHL 10

bradigor

http://www.ea.com/games/nhl-10

Looks like it will take what 09 did well and push on further. Hoping the boarding is as improved as they suggest it is.

Anyone else picking this up?

JOIN IN THE FUN

===========

Forum League

=========

Name: rllmuk RHL

Password: rllmuk

Forum Club

=======

Name: RLL MukWings

Have set this up into a casual league to start with.

I don't know what that bloke in the video is going on about, all I want is to get on the ice without any fuss and stick the puck in the net. Fucking 21st century video games.

You need the NHL94 controls they added on from NHL09

I loved the last one but neglected it a bit when Fifa came out which was a shame as the single player BAP mode is better than Fifa's for me.I'm not sure how many things they could improve as it almost felt perfect to me.

Just starting the BAP in 09 this week.

Excellent, shame that it wouldn't be worth our while setting up a team (except maybe for achievement whoring :( ). With there being such a limited number of us we can just get a private league that just runs on, no set times or anything. Just a nice way of keeping score. :facepalm:

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, I'll join the league.

I wish they'd have other, non-US leagues in these things. I wanna play as the Panthers.

Just get some ice skates and you probably can play for the Panthers...

Is this better than the 2Kwhatever game then? I picked that up last year and was underwhelmed.

Ice burn.

This is dead popular here so I'll probably pick it up, but later in the year when it's dropped to a couple of quid because people are waiting on NHL 11. Hard to believe that EA in its wisdom did not release an NHL 08 or I think 09 on the Wii of all consoles, when they've got a PS2 version. Is there an NHL 10 for the Wii? IIt is odd that you can get FIFA and Madden for the Wii, but not NHL. I'd be getting the PS3 version but my brother is the big hockey fan, and mostly plays the Wii so hasn't been able to pick up the last few titles.

Just had a quick go.Feels alot slower than 09 and so it seems bit harder to go past people.The new boarding move also slows the play down making things seem a bit more tactical which is good.I also like the way you can cause a mini brawl after the whistle now by checking everyone <_<

Just had a quick go.Feels alot slower than 09 and so it seems bit harder to go past people.The new boarding move also slows the play down making things seem a bit more tactical which is good.I also like the way you can cause a mini brawl after the whistle now by checking everyone :D

I did that, 1st time I though the game had crashed, then everyone went mad attacking each other <_<

Just had a quick go.Feels alot slower than 09 and so it seems bit harder to go past people.The new boarding move also slows the play down making things seem a bit more tactical which is good.I also like the way you can cause a mini brawl after the whistle now by checking everyone <_<

Bloody IPS Driver

Had a go of the PS3 demo on the UK store. (I own NHL 08 on the 360, and it was very good).

Got to the part of the demo where it introduced fighting and quit in disgust. For those that are not aware, you press the Triangle button and basically enter a 3rd person mode a la Fight Night and proceed to beat the shit out of each other. What the fuck where EA thinking? What the fuck where NHL thinking in licensing this? :quote:

I look forward to FIFA 10 revisions then, stabbings anyone?

Had a go of the PS3 demo on the UK store. (I own NHL 08 on the 360, and it was very good).

Got to the part of the demo where it introduced fighting and quit in disgust. For those that are not aware, you press the Triangle button and basically enter a 3rd person mode a la Fight Night and proceed to beat the shit out of each other. What the fuck where EA thinking? What the fuck where NHL thinking in licensing this? :quote:

I look forward to FIFA 10 revisions then, stabbings anyone?

Fighting has been part of NHL. It is prominent in 09 by pressing Y (triangle) You just don't use it if you don't want to.

Fighting is part of the sport in real life with enforcers protecting targeted players (usually more influential ones) and getting themselves and the opposition player out of the game for a 5 minute spell which should ensure an influential player can do what he needs to do more effectively. It can also be used to get the fans riled up for one last push. It isn't like they have included something that is totally separate from the sport itself.

Personally I barely use the fighting option in 09.

I don't see the point in the FIFA comparison in all honesty.

I used to love the fights in NHL 94, happened rarely enough to make it a treat so I'm not convinced about being able to just instigate it whenever - I'd probably just end up ignoring it entirely. Also, I gave the NHL 94 controls a go and the AI tore me to pieces, I'd like to play that way just for the sake of simplicity but had more success when I gave myself a bit more control. But I don't want to have to remember 3 million control nuances when playing, I'm crap at doing the right thing under any vague pressure :quote:

• 3 weeks later...