Calashnikov

This is Hip-Hop.

CZARFACE is the best thing to happen to Hip-Hop in ages, the last two albums are classics from start to finish. Highly recommended and this collabo should be mindblowing. The cover is already a good first step towards mindblowing.

Edit: OH SNAP SON

• Upvote 2

Great mash up LP which you can grab for nothing or drop a few quid the producers way it's up to you 

https://davidbegun.bandcamp.com/album/a-sense-of-blu

This newest mashup album combines the lyrical verses from California's own Blu with mid-90's boom-bap instrumentals from Common's Resurrection to create A Sense of Blu. A production classic featuring works from No I.D. and Y-Not, Resurrection was a seminal hip-hop album and a classic in every sense of the word. Blu's style has always been considered a throw back to this same lyrical period and this project imagines what it would be like if he truly were thrown back into 1994 and the golden era. 

10 hours ago, Camel said:

I see someone has me on ignore ;)

More like, if someone talks about nothing but dad rap like me it's safe to assume my memory also isn't at its best any more :lol:

Let's just say that it's a track so nice, it's worth posting twice!

• Upvote 1

Looking forward to the new Dr. Octagon album. Dr. Octagonecologyst was the soundtrack to many a stoned evening at friend's houses as a youth. 22 years ago!

• Upvote 1

Listening to Dr. Octagon got me thinking about what great 90s albums I'm missing out on that I haven't listened to for a while, or missed at the time. The only two that are fairly regular in my playlist are Liquid Swords and Deltron 3030, if I can include it (released 2000).

4 hours ago, Sapa said:

Looking forward to the new Dr. Octagon album. Dr. Octagonecologyst was the soundtrack to many a stoned evening at friend's houses as a youth. 22 years ago!

Someone paged me to this thread?

Oh shit I had no idea this was happening! There have been countless bootleg and unofficial Octagon sequels over the years, usually involving Keith claiming his vocals were either stolen or dishonestly recorded freestyles. But this - This! This could be the real deal. People forget but without Automator there can't be a proper Octagon, Keith is just a part of the whole brilliance. Best album ever made? I myself, Mr. Gerbik, think so.

2 hours ago, Sapa said:

Listening to Dr. Octagon got me thinking about what great 90s albums I'm missing out on that I haven't listened to for a while, or missed at the time. The only two that are fairly regular in my playlist are Liquid Swords and Deltron 3030, if I can include it (released 2000).

Well if you like Dr. Octagon and Deltron, check out Dr. Dooom - First Come, First Served. It's what Keith did directly after Octagon and the album starts with Dr. Dooom killing Dr. Octagon as the latter begs for his life :lol: The album is almost just as brilliant a concept album, but it's like a disturbing and weird answer to the spacey and abstract Octagon album.

If you like Liquid Swords, check out every first generation solo Wu album after 36 Chambers if you haven't already. 

Random fantastic 90s albums that fit the aforementioned ones perfectly: Company Flow - Funcrusher Plus, Beastie Boys - Check Your Head, Sway & Tech - This or That, Big L - 
Lifestylez ov da Poor & Dangerous, Chino XL - Here to Save You All, Mobb Deep - The Infamous, Big Pun - Capital Punishment, Jedi Mind Tricks - Violent by Design, Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of Millions, are the first ones that come to mind.

• Upvote 1

Dan the Automator uploaded the new track to his own YouTube channel just now:

Handy for those who don't want to rely on Spotify.

Info on the new album: link

Dr. Octagon, the alien time-traveling gynecologist persona of rapper Kool Keith, unveiled his first new song in 22 years, "Octagon Octagon." The track will appear on Dr. Octagon's new album, Moosebumps: An Exploration Into Modern Day Horripilation, out April 6th via Bulk Recordings.

Moosebumps! :D

7 hours ago, Camel said:

Nation of Millions is '88.

Oops! I really wanted to include it. But it's timeless so it's allowed imo. Violent by Design is 2000 btw but eeeh having a certain sound and quality that I associate with 90s hip hop at its best is more important than factual dates and stuff.

Obligatory posting of one of the best tracks of that decade:

I wasn't paying attention last night (hence my including a 1988 album) but check the title of track 9 on the upcoming Moosebumps:

9. "3030 Meets The Doc Pt.1"

Dr. Octagon meets Deltron 3030 (aka Del tha Funky Homosapien)! :D Fun fact: Deltron was meant to be Octagon part two until it fell through and Dan contacted Del to do something else with the productions instead. That became Deltron. 

Edit: yes, this new upcoming album was the first thing on my mind when I woke up this morning

6fda3d2dbbc47cec88416afb770eba51.600x600x1.png.9161778e920241c55fe0c232e54457d2.png

• Upvote 1

I just remembered that Deltron and Octagon already met and formed Octotron once before:

But this is produced by Kutmaster Kurt (of Dooom and Masters of Illusion fame) instead of Automator so it doesn't have that 'Octagon vibe' :D