The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Solid SOAP

Probably already pointed out - but isnt skyrim a 3.8gb install or so?!

Also, cant find my blue tooth adapter =( On the offchance i do find it - anyone got any ideas how to bastardize my wii sensor to work on my pc or wirelessly? I have a spare at work but cant get till monday.

Excellent review!

The following sentence though...

It’s there, too, in the generosity of ideas, which echoes the recent work of EAD Tokyo - though unlike Galaxy and its sequel, it doesn’t frivolously fritter away its best ones, making the most of ingenious concepts without falling back on them too frequently.

jackie-chan-meme_reasonably_small.png

A lot of the high scores for Twilight Princess can probably also be attributed to new-console-and -control-excitement. It's pretty tricky to put yourself back there these days, but back then pointing to aim an arrow felt like the future

A lot of the high scores for Twilight Princess can probably also be attributed to new-console-and -control-excitement. It's pretty tricky to put yourself back there these days, but back then pointing to aim an arrow felt like the future

Aye good point. I remember the hype and how excited I was to be playing Zelda on a new Nintendo console.

Just look at Perfect Dark Zero's Metacritic score of 81 - when it's not even an 18 in most people's books :P

The sword and pointer controls are good, especially the non-sensor bar pointer is Godsend. Going through the menu's and options is iPad style fluent. Swordplay is also good judging by basic swordtraining, but I didn't do any proper combat yet. Story and acting so far are bobbins.

I'm enjoying the story and how it's told

Zelda is a dirty teasing minx.

Maybe it was because I played the Gamecube version but I found Twilight Princess to be an incredible return to form after the bloated and unfinished feel of Wind Waker.

I really don't get the hate for such a great game. It's so much more cohesive and complete than wind waker although it doesn't have the wonderful aesthetic charm that WW has.

Sometimes I think people claim to have played games when they really haven't.. WW is visual beautiful although really one of the most lackluster games in the series when you peel away that veil.

You Nintendo boys are SO going to totally soil your pants over this game.

It's good. It's really good. The start is a bit slow, but not unwelcome due to the learning curve of the controls. The humour is good, the tension between Link and Zelda finally more than mere childhood sweethearts. I've just played through the prologue and it's escalating really nicely, good sense of drama, lovely music and the controls work.

Yes, they work. You need to slash the enemies in the right way, spazzing around doesn't work. Finally. I had to motivate myself through every next step of Twilight Princess, but now I want to play on. The Zelda magic has finally returned, or so it seems.

I fucking loved the 'Power of Grayskull' moment when you first lift the Goddess Sword above your head

Scott, as a lover of pointer controls you're going to be amazed to see how good it is when you don't have to point at the bloody sensor bar with the cursor jittering whenever you're a foot too far away or have some sunlight or reflections going on. You get some options, you flick your wrist, you press 'A' and it's done. Like a fucking boss.

the controls work.

Yes, they work. You need to slash the enemies in the right way, spazzing around doesn't work. Finally. I had to motivate myself through every next step of Twilight Princess, but now I want to play on. The Zelda magic has finally returned, or so it seems.

That is great to hear. When either Davros or Scott say such things it tells me nothing as our opinions on motion controls in general couldn't be further apart. But coming from you of all people - this basically confirms what I already suspected, that I'm going fucking love this game :D

It's early days, but so far I feel this is the first 'real' Wii game (that excludes the Sports/Fit stuff) where the controls actually ADD something to the game rather than get in the way.

Finally. They took their damn time but they finally got there! Really looking forward to playing it, but for now I'm too busy exploring Skyrim :D