The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Solid SOAP

Remember, most gamers play games laid on their side with one arm trapped underneath them.

Well I just want to chill on the couch, surrounded by booze and food while playing. That's not too much to ask, is it?

It's out there, and it works ;)

Better start working on those excuses for not actually buying it now then Nap - I'd give that EGM review a read if I was you, plenty of ammo in there to help you save your pennies. Waggle, fetch quests, repeating bosses....

Jesus Christ. Got next Friday off for a full blown gaming day. The first I've had this year. Primarily, I shall be playing Zelda Skyward Sword; the latest (and possibly greatest) instalment in one of my all time favourite series, and every now and then I'll be dropping into Super Mario 3D Land. My mind is struggling to comprehend that a Mario game will be my 'second choice' on the release date. I've genuinely got little butterflies in my stomach thinking about it. I was a full blown, card carrying Nintendo fanboy back in the SNES/N64 days and the prospect of next Friday is waking something inside me that has long laid dormant. Say what you like about Nintendos's current gen output and the direction they've taken themselves and the industry as a whole, but I honestly think when they're on top of their game, no other developer can make me feel the way they do. It's a strange heady mix of nostagia, joy and excitement. Like a kid at Christmas.

Zelda and Mario.

Same day.

Fuck me.

You should all read the CVG review, by the way. It's a brilliant piece of writing. (Few mild spoilers for those wanting to go in completely cold.)

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/325716/reviewslegend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-review/

That review says "mild spoilers" but opens with an example of something really cool that I would rather have seen first hand. So be warned, your definition of mild might not tally with theirs...

Edit: But yes, great piece of writing.

rgraves confirmed for mad

Mad AT YOU :quote:

< swirly tv flashback effect >

Nap: I'm not so sure about Zelda anymore, the last few just didn't grab me. I might buy, I dunno. There're not the same now with all that waggle guff.

Some Sailor in the distance: It's out there Nap

Nap: Where, where..F5...F5...F5...come on come on download. YES GOT IT.

Nap: Erm..not that I'm that bothered you understand, I can take or leave it. I doubt I'll like it. I'm not even going to play it for a while.

What a small download that was! I'm knee-deep in Skyrim though which so far seems all kinds of brilliant so I might not bother firing up Skyward Sword on my trusty old dolphin emu until I actually have bought physical game :lol: It seems to work fine in Dolphin from what I've read :)

That review says "mild spoilers" but opens with an example of something really cool that I would rather have seen first hand. So be warned, your definition of mild might not tally with theirs...

Ah, sorry dude.

By the way, the EG review is probably late because Nintendo didn't get review copies to some UK sites until two days before the embargo (a few had an extra day). I had to play through the night to get mine done, which should be up later today with any luck.

EDIT: Or not. It's up. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-11-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-review