The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Solid SOAP

I lost faith in the waggle when I could just win a game of Wii tennis while slouching on the couch and making the tiniest flicks with my wrist. This promises genuine skill. That might convert me to the dark side.

That's the point at which everyone else in the room should have told you off for not entering into the spirit of the thing.

Oh wait, you weren't playing it on your own were you?

But seriously, I take your point. In fact, in some cases the lack of true 1:1 control meant that for lots of Wii games you could actually adopt an even lazier pose than with a standard controller. I actually played TP lying on the sofa with the remote resting in my crotch, ocassionally making what my gf called "Wanking movements", apart from in moments of excitement when I would be sat up on the edge of the sofa smashing a boss's face in. RE4 on the Wii has an even more relaxing setup. You barely need to move at all.

Skyward Sword is going to require a much more active approach I think.

Of course I want it. And I'll have it. And I'll play it. And I hope it'll be as good as it's made out to be.

I love Ocarina, Majora, Link to the Past and Minish Cap. I'm not a Zelda hater. Only skeptical because I thought the last 4 (counting the DS games) weren't all that.

Buy it then

That's the point at which everyone else in the room should have told you off for not entering into the spirit of the thing.

Oh wait, you weren't playing it on your own were you?

I've played it lots in company and a couple of times on my own. Of course I can enjoy some Wii Bowling or Wii Tennis with a couple of mates after a few beers, but I get bored of it really fast. In the social gaming arena, when push comes to shove, I'd rather sit down to play Buzz instead. I did like Wii Sports Golf, and I still don't understand why Nintendo never made a proper Mario Golf game with loads of courses (or a Mario Tennis for that matter, where you could actually move your mans around) on the Wii. I absolutely loved Mario Golf on the GBA. I know the Mario Golf team worked on 'We Love Golf' or something like that, but I didn't like that much.

Buy it then

If I genuinely like it, I will. But I think I already said that a couple of times before.

Buzz is great fun. Like Wii Sports though it's the sort of thing that comes out at Xmas, and that's no bad thing. I don't think there has been an Xmas without Wii Sports in my house since it came out. It's a classic.

And watching my 3 year old nephew play Wii Sports Resort sword fighting the other week was a joy. Nearly smashed my fucking telly in mind.

No. Buy it. There's no need to 'try'... You're kidding yourself on.

You'll steal it. Play it. Finish it. And come up with some justification for not having to buy it. Probably lack of online or something.

I bought Galaxy 1 and 2. You'll have to trust me on this. Or not, I don't really see why it's of any concern to you unless you're getting a commission on every copy sold.

Buzz is great fun. Like Wii Sports though it's the sort of thing that comes out at Xmas, and that's no bad thing. I don't think there has been an Xmas without Wii Sports in my house since it came out. It's a classic.

And watching my 3 year old nephew play Wii Sports Resort sword fighting the other week was a joy. Nearly smashed my fucking telly in mind.

I'm trying to teach my 4 year old daughter to play games (so far mainly Mario World and Mario Bros 3 on the Micro and Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire and GTA IV on the 360), but it's not easy. But she's not very handy with the toothpaste cap either. Unlike my 2 year old son. I have high hopes for him.

I'm trying to teach my 4 year old daughter to play games (so far mainly Mario World and Mario Bros 3 on the Micro and Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire and GTA IV on the 360), but it's not easy. But she's not very handy with the toothpaste cap either. Unlike my 2 year old son. I have high hopes for him.

I know you don't like it... But wind Waker works well with kids that age. My son killed his first Chu Chu yesterday and then cut the grass out side grandma's house.

I was so proud.

No. The thread will be hell when it's just people autistically updating their delivery status.

I hate it when people whine over this. People will be excited, what else do you expect them to post about one or two days before release? The reviews will be out and everyone will just be waiting for the game and trying to avoid spoilers. I genuinely don't understand the harm in it.

No. The thread will be hell when it's just people autistically updating their delivery status.

This. So much.

Haha I thought I was the only one who felt that way lol.

I hate it when people whine over this. People will be excited, what else do you expect them to post about one or two days before release? The reviews will be out and everyone will just be waiting for the game and trying to avoid spoilers. I genuinely don't understand the harm in it.

"Ooh! new posts in the Zelda thread, better have a look as that could be a number of things: Impressions, previews, reviews, videos, screenshots, artwork, love letters, interviews etc"

"Oh good, it's someone whining GAME still haven't dispatched..."

"Ooh! new posts in the Zelda thread, better have a look as that could be a number of things: Impressions, previews, reviews, videos, screenshots, artwork, love letters, interviews etc"

1-2 days before release? All reviews, trailers and screenshots are probably going to have been out way before then. The review embargo for this is 11th November if I'm not mistaken. People whining about delivery status updates are way more annoying in my opinion. I'd rather read 10 excited 'it's dispatched!' posts than 1 whining about it. Do you get annoyed when people discuss midnight launches and their experiences standing in the queue at Asda as well?

...and finally the backlash.

I'm waiting patiently.

Only joking. I can't fucking wait for it and I don't know if I'll be able to hold out for my Christmas holiday play through when I start hearing all the glowing reports in here. I hope I can though, as I'd love to be able to devote some quality time to it, rather than a couple of hours here and there, which is all I'll be able to afford before Christmas.

I find people posting stuff like the above about a 100 times more annoying than any delivery status updates. At least the latter are born out of excitement rather than bitterness.

"This."

Fuck off.

Fuck right off yourself Nap. You lost all privileges when you decided you'd pirate this.