rllmuk
Mace Masterson

Final Fantasy XIV: Online First post updated with lots of info. Join Moogle!

I’m in that exact section they mention between ARR and Heavensward and agree that it is painful. If it wasn’t so addicted I’d wait until these updates go live to carry on.  

Ah well, here’s to another evening of warping between location to read some dialogue text and then choosing from three slightly different earrings as a reward. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pungee said:

I’m in that exact section they mention between ARR and Heavensward and agree that it is painful. If it wasn’t so addicted I’d wait until these updates go live to carry on.  

Ah well, here’s to another evening of warping between location to read some dialogue text and then choosing from three slightly different earrings as a reward. 

From 2.4 onwards they start ramping up the plot for Heavensward. Keep pushing! Nearly there :)

• Upvote 1

Another reason to love this game and the community. I just did a dungeon on daily roulette, I still don’t know what it was, I’ll look it up shortly. I died on first boss. And again. Asked for help and the mechanics were explained. Before each fight I asked for tips and got them. At the end, one member said it was fun when things went a bit wrong and people hung around for me to thank them. There was another sprout who did the same. In WoW, zero chance that happens, but it took the anxiety away. 

apparently it was the sunken temple. Need to read up on that 

27 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

Another reason to love this game and the community. I just did a dungeon on daily roulette, I still don’t know what it was, I’ll look it up shortly. I died on first boss. And again. Asked for help and the mechanics were explained. Before each fight I asked for tips and got them. At the end, one member said it was fun when things went a bit wrong and people hung around for me to thank them. There was another sprout who did the same. In WoW, zero chance that happens, but it took the anxiety away. 

apparently it was the sunken temple. Need to read up on that 

There you go! That's exactly the type of thing I was talking about. Great to hear you had an experience like that and it'll be the norm in FFXIV based on my experience. I do think there have been a lot of WoW players coming over who are expecting toxic shitheads to give them grief if they don't know things right off the bat. It's very rarely the case.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, pinholestar said:

There you go! That's exactly the type of thing I was talking about. Great to hear you had an experience like that and it'll be the norm in FFXIV based on my experience. I do think there have been a lot of WoW players coming over who are expecting toxic shitheads to give them grief if they don't know things right off the bat. It's very rarely the case.

Yep, people are great in general. I got pissed off in my first run of the Praetorium as I was left dead, but they knew I would teleport in at the next boss. And when I didn't authenticate my magitek key someone ran be back to where to do it. They didn't have to do that, but they did.

It's a lovely community when they are not talking french

On 24/07/2019 at 21:06, Garwoofoo said:

Once we get a few more mukkers over level 50, does anyone fancy doing a run of Binding Coil, unsynced, for the story and shits 'n' giggles?

I've always wanted to do it but it's apparently still rock hard if you do it at 50 as was originally intended. Going in with an unsynced team of 60+ players could be quite a laugh.

So I can do this now. Level 54, Gear level about 100, what do we need to do to sort out out a Muk raid?

Happy to get everyone together, throw me preferred dates and times

(You are all going to really regret getting me into this game)

Also, should we move the thread to the online folder? Small point but I can imagine people getting pissed off at us

Nah I think the threads fine where it is, threads tend to die a death once they go into Online unless it's FIFA related.

I'd be happy joining in with a raid, not done one yet.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, things die in online and here there's more chance of people coming in and deciding to give it a go. Could be useful if we got a new first post, mention the generous trial for one thing.

With regards to Free Companies, I know mention of starting a new one but do people want inviting back to the MUK Free company, no housing but it's nearly rank 8 and loads of points to spend on boosts and housing stuff so we could try and sort that out?

13 minutes ago, JPR said:

Yeah, things die in online and here there's more chance of people coming in and deciding to give it a go. Could be useful if we got a new first post, mention the generous trial for one thing.

With regards to Free Companies, I know mention of starting a new one but do people want inviting back to the MUK Free company, no housing but it's nearly rank 8 and loads of points to spend on boosts and housing stuff so we could try and sort that out?

I'd be happy with that, I didnt know who was running it and wondered if it had been effectively abandoned. 

39 minutes ago, PC Master Race said:

Does ownership of a FC change if the previous one quit the game? 

Yes, if they haven't logged in for 35 days the ownership will transfer, think I was the only one that had logged in for months or years so ended up as owner.

In the event a free company master does not log in for 35 days (Earth time), ownership will be automatically transferred to another free company member, based upon the following criteria:

1. Members who have logged in within the past seven days
2. Higher-ranked members preferred
3. Senior members preferred

• Upvote 1

Free login campaign has started and runs until the 16th, so if you've been thinking of coming back now is the time to give it a go.

Eligibility

Users who have previously purchased and registered FINAL FANTASY XIV.

All registered service accounts are set as inactive during the campaign period.

Registered service account must have been inactive for at least thirty days.
* Details of service accounts can be confirmed via the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station.

59 minutes ago, PC Master Race said:

They are doing the same for XI. Tempted to see what has changed in the past 10 years or so :lol: 

The slow updates haven't changed, thankfully I kept my install from the last time as it was a pain to install.

The music is as wonderful as ever, hits those nostalgia buttons, it feels like coming home.

7 hours ago, JPR said:

The slow updates haven't changed, thankfully I kept my install from the last time as it was a pain to install.

The music is as wonderful as ever, hits those nostalgia buttons, it feels like coming home.

Right in the nostalgia feels.

Spoiler

image.png.5dd62657d186de762217c3ff3318693c.png

• Upvote 1

So my gear is all at least i120 now, think I'll pass on dungeons and just crack on with the MSQs to HW. Not donw many of the hard dungeons or trials but I assume they are optional and I can catch up with them later. Don't want to be too over levelled at this point. Also doing the the Hildibrand stuff as well which is fun. But a bit weird. Just met Gilgamesh and his friend. Shame the changes to shortening it isn't coming for a while but I'm looking forward to the HW stuff so I'll just crash on.

I've got sidetracked with levelling my Fisher up :lol:

its nice, got stealth level 3 so can go most places and just use that. Found a good guide that tells you where to be for specific levels to take advantage of gathering quests and the like

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, wev said:

I've got sidetracked with levelling my Fisher up :lol:

its nice, got stealth level 3 so can go most places and just use that. Found a good guide that tells you where to be for specific levels to take advantage of gathering quests and the like

Fisher was my highest levelled job in 1.0 :lol: 

On 09/08/2019 at 15:39, JPR said:

How is FFXI these days? I hear you can solo levels 1-99 in a couple of days, which is absolutely mind-blowing to me considering it used to take me that long to go up a single level and you couldn’t do a damn thing on your own without being murdered by a random rabbit. 

3 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

How is FFXI these days? I hear you can solo levels 1-99 in a couple of days, which is absolutely mind-blowing to me considering it used to take me that long to go up a single level and you couldn’t do a damn thing on your own without being murdered by a random rabbit. 

I just did a bit of sightseeing, but have read it's a very different experience now. Not sure where everyone is now, went to Al Zahbi, Windurst, San d'Oria, Jeuno and only saw a handful of people, likely enjoying the greatness that is Bastok.

Think I'll do a bit more sightseeing and leave it at that, though getting a job to 76 is tempting, have to see if I left any close.

On 07/08/2019 at 20:02, Pungee said:

Doing this now and it's painful. Some really shitty quests followed by a dungeon or trial! What fun! About to do the King Moggle one, just hope the queue isn't too long. I also know I then have a loooong way to go. But the quests are just genuinely awful, they were obviously concentrating heavily on HW and minimal effort went into them.

Yep. I’m almost at the last two Before The Fall sections and it hasn’t gotten any better. I’ve resorted to reading the ‘journal’ summaries of the quests on a FFXIV wiki and skipping through dialogue/cutscenes as it honestly feels like this bit is never going to end. 

Currently sat in an estimated 24 minute queue for the Shiva fight. Just let me get to Heavensward and switch to a healer already. 

Had some bad dungeon runs today. Did Darkhold which was a disaster with an ultra snooty tank and the king Moogle fight was a mess with no marking and people not getting the fight properly (including me) but they are done now.

17 hours ago, Vorgot said:

and people not getting the fight properly (including me) but they are done now.

I'll never understand this, especially when it comes to Titans and proper bosses (King Moogle is a proper boss where blundering your way through it will never work) where mechanics are unforgiving. You play with strangers, have the decency to not waste their time because you choose to go in completely blind.

Not directly targeted at you Vorgot.

2 minutes ago, df0 said:

I'll never understand this, especially when it comes to Titans and proper bosses (King Moogle is a proper boss where blundering your way through it will never work) where mechanics are unforgiving. You play with strangers, have the decency to not waste their time because you choose to go in completely blind.

Not directly targeted at you Vorgot.

No I get it. I'd watched a video of the Moogle fight so I knew there was an order to take them on in, that one tank should have the king over at the edge, but the majority of the people didn't. No one marked, so we were in a bit of trouble, but got there in the end.

Darkhold was bad as well, because we had 2 summoners, I was getting dots up, casting bane, outburst, ruin etc, the other SMN was just spamming Bio. So the tank was getting really annoyed about it. I did Sunken Temple shortly after and that was fun because I knew the mechanics and felt I was contributing.

I never go into a dungeon blind, too terrified to do that still. I'm avoiding the hard versions of the trials and Ultima because I can't do with the stress of them, those quests can sit there and rot. Moogle Hard is an issue because I assume anyone farming it is on Extreme (even if anyone does farm it now), so it was sprout central in there. Compare it to Praetorium where 80% of the people in it know exactly what they are doing, and it's a breeze. Its a fine line between spoiling a fight by reading up, or just enjoying it. The Moogle one should have been a fun thing to see first time but it was kind of ruined by having to look it up beforehand.