rllmuk
Mace Masterson

Final Fantasy XIV: Online First post updated with lots of info. Join Moogle!

29 minutes ago, Kauwiks said:

macro to R3

I've only just realised I've got L3 and R3 unbound. Will need to do something similar, as sometimes it's a bit odd being a tank and not knowing the route around new dungeons.

Maybe resubbing in expansion launch week wasn’t the best idea. There are 900 people in the queue for Moogle!

Amazing to see this game still doing so well after so many years though. Long may it continue. 

Wouldn't even let me queue tonight as I am free trial scum so I used my game code and am now a fully paid up member. Got my retainers sorted and then did the Manor dungeon for the first time. My summoner was new, as was the tank, but the healer and other dps were great at being patient, marking stuff and showing us where to go. Big difference from the last couple of places I did. 

Didn't have Sprint on my crossbar though and they were all using it a lot, have rectified that! Don't want to hold people up.

• Upvote 1

Hoping to get on tonight so if anyone who isn't on the Linkshell is about give me a Tell and I'll add you.

11 hours ago, Vorgot said:

Wouldn't even let me queue tonight as I am free trial scum so I used my game code and am now a fully paid up member. Got my retainers sorted and then did the Manor dungeon for the first time. My summoner was new, as was the tank, but the healer and other dps were great at being patient, marking stuff and showing us where to go. Big difference from the last couple of places I did. 

Didn't have Sprint on my crossbar though and they were all using it a lot, have rectified that! Don't want to hold people up.

I found this helpful!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Hexx said:

I found this helpful!

Was wondering if this was possible, so will definitely do this later. Cheers!

After a couple of attempts at the free trial and never getting beyond level 20, this has really grabbed me this time and I picked up the £12 PSN edition that included Heavensward for free. 

I'm enjoying it so much and there's so much to do that it's ended up with me being massively over-levelled for the main scenario quests, which I'm finding a bit dull and repetitive at the moment. I've read that the main quests do go through a dip, with things picking up massively in terms of entertainment and variety once you hit a certain point. Is that true? When does that point arrive? I'm level 34 with my Bard and am slogging through main scenario quests that are roughly level 27 (I've just been sent to Little Ala Mhigo looking for that masked guy). How close am I roughly to getting to the more interesting stuff? I'm enjoying everything else so much, if the main quests can step up a bit I can't see myself playing anything else for a while.

• Upvote 1

I've just resubbed and am patching up. I was wondering which server my "main" was on and luckily it turns out to be moogle. Looks like I left her as a level 41 white mage. God only knows how to play. Foregot everything.

Yup. FInished the Shadowbringers story very late on Friday night and it's the best Final Fantasy since 9 in my opinion, which came out almost two decades ago. Absolutely stunning from start to finish and a huge step up in terms of writing, characterisation and voice acting. Handing lead writing duties to the woman who was responsible for some of the best scenario writing in the game up to now (dark knight questline and the Haurchefant stuff from HW to give two examples of what she's worked on) was an inspired choice and she knocked it out of the park. I was utterly gripped the whole way through and I loved the way that it flips conventions by portraying a dying world that is drenched in light, rather than the standard doom and gloom. Emotional gut punches come one after the other and it doesn't let up until its thundering finale.

The environment artists have really outdone themselves with this one too and the new areas are stunning. There's one final reveal of a location at the end that had my jaw on the floor. And the music! :o Absolutely phenomenal work from Soken, the composer.

Dungeons and trials are all fantastic too and you're seeing the refinement of their craft after nearly six years of learning exactly what works and what doesn't in encounter design. What the hell they're gonna come up with for the 8-man raids when they drop soon and especially the Nier-themed 24-man alliance raids I can only imagine but they're clearly at the peak of their powers right now.

So if you're someone who's just starting out and wondering whether it's worth pushing through the early content (that was admittedly a real tedious grind in places) or you're making your way through Heavensward and/or Stormblood, I really can't stress enough that when you hit Shadowbringers you're in for an absolute treat and the best thing that SquareEnix has put out in many a long year. Easily the best expansion yet and just reaffirms this game as the very best of its kind around. I'm still reeling from just how good it was, as is every single member of my FC and we've got another two years of content to come until we're done.

Ok. I want to learn cure III on my white mage but I can't figure out where I need to go. I went back to the guy in charge of the cunjourer guild but no dice. Any suggestions?

52 minutes ago, Flub said:

Ok. I want to learn cure III on my white mage but I can't figure out where I need to go. I went back to the guy in charge of the cunjourer guild but no dice. Any suggestions?

I think the WHM Job quests are in South Shroud, just north of Camp Tranquil. If you open your quest log and click complete at the top you can check where you're up to and where the quest giver is.

That's gotten me  a level 40 whm quest certainly but no option to learn new skills. This sucks. Why are games so hard to come back to?

Ah. Looks like doing a quick level 40 quest gave me that skill

Next dungeon complete. My first in years :) Went mostly smoothly. I like healing.

God, this game is good. Did a run of Haukke Manor, Brayflox’s Longstop and the Titan fight with other novices (well, they all had the little novice icon like I do at least) and they are all excellent. The presentation and personality of all the dungeons so far has been great and I’m sure they’re saving the best stuff for later on. 

I also don’t know how they made MMORPG combat satisfying but my new Bard loop of Mage’s Ballad and the damage over time attacks constantly resetting Bloodletter so you can rapidly alternate between Heavy Shot and Bloodletter is just lovely. 

34 minutes ago, Pungee said:

God, this game is good. Did a run of Haukke Manor, Brayflox’s Longstop and the Titan fight with other novices (well, they all had the little novice icon like I do at least) and they are all excellent. The presentation and personality of all the dungeons so far has been great and I’m sure they’re saving the best stuff for later on. 

If you think they’re good then prepare to have your mind well and truly blown by the time you get to Shadowbringers. The improvement and refinement of their craft makes those early dungeons seem like an absolute age away. You have so much goodness to come! :D

Just done the Garuda trial. How much more is there until I can start on expansion stuff?

So much running back and forth :) The Realm Reborn content really shows its age :) Is Heavensward a bit better?

One thing I'm concerned about. None of my quest rewards are weapons. I'm running with a level 32 weapon I got from a dungeon and I'm level 45 now. Any simple way to keep my weapons up to date?

Yeah, the town with the inquisitor plotline sells level 40 weapons for a few k. It's on the same vendor who's marked as a repair vendor on your map.

So is the current Moogle linkshell still AlbionReborn or has it changed?

I'm still on it from the last time I played and I've seen one or two other folks on there from time to time but it seems pretty dead, even though there are clearly a few of us playing at the moment.

35 minutes ago, Pixelbark said:

Yeah, the town with the inquisitor plotline sells level 40 weapons for a few k. It's on the same vendor who's marked as a repair vendor on your map.

I'd already checked there. They were actually a few points worse than my level 31 dungeon weapon so I guess I wasn't doing too badly :) As it turns out the very last quest I did last night before going to bed rewarded me with an improvment.

When I purchased Shadowbringers on launch as a level 68 I thought I'd could do that content after finishing the Stormblood MSQ at 70. It took me - and this is a rough estimate - about 20 hours to reach that point which was last night at way past my bed time :hmm: That sodding MSQ just kept going.

Well, at least I am in Shadowbringers territory now.

50 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

So is the current Moogle linkshell still AlbionReborn or has it changed?

I'm still on it from the last time I played and I've seen one or two other folks on there from time to time but it seems pretty dead, even though there are clearly a few of us playing at the moment.

It's changed as the Master of that one doesn't play right now, if you see me (Reii Tali) or PC Master Race (Cat Girl) or Delekth Malys on send us a tell and we'll get you on the current one.

I'm trying to work out from that list what MSQ's I have left.