Sign in to follow this  
The Liberal Elite

Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle

Thanks for the heads up - he's the funniest stand-up comedian I've seen live.

The show sounds like it's just stand-up routines, like his live show, so it should be wicked.

Good call!

although, I really want to see how a " comedian " from the (G)olden days can make a show,

in the pussy-world that we live in these days.

He'll probably do a joke about shagging Jade Goody's mom, and get banned.

Annoyingly, he was testing some of his stuff for the programme at my local comedy club about a month or so ago, and the whole thing sold out in seconds. The 3 quid entry probably persuaded people to go.

It'll be at leat quite funny, anyway.

Was fixing someone at the bbcs outlook last week and noticed his name in an open word doc. Ooh, i said. Apparantly he's got a few things lined up. Hopefully one of which involves Tom O'Connor.

Was fixing someone at the bbcs outlook last week and noticed his name in an open word doc. Ooh, i said. Apparantly he's got a few things lined up. Hopefully one of which involves Tom O'Connor.

The Tom O'Connor was a thread than ran through his entire stand-up show. I imagine this series will incorporate a lot of that material.

I hope, and expect, that it isn't upsetting or controversial, and just funny instead.

Me too!

And I haven't really heard any upsetting and/or controversial stuff from him on any of his live shows, and so wouldn't expect it on this show.

This was another show edited by Rllmuks very own forumite 'Pants'.

I went to see a recording of it where they grabbed our laughter for possible canned show laughter, though they weren't sure if they were gonna use it. I found the show mirthsome, and his material smart and stuff, but I never actually cracked up. I'm not big on stand up and had never heard of him, but the show was 'good enough'.

Looking forward to this, I really enjoyed his stand-up. He's not 'belly-laugh' funny, it's a slightly different style to most.

I can't believe you haven't seen Fist of Fun Kerraig.

I saw him at Latitude last year and after hearing lots of good things about him, he was a bit disappointing. Had a similar reaction to Kerraig, amusing but only enough to tease a smile out of me, rather than a laugh. That said only Ross Noble, Russell Howard (this surprised me) and maybe Rich Hall got a laugh from me there so perhaps I was in an odd mood. Will still keep an eye on this though as would be good to see what the fuss is about :unsure:

Just to go go off on a slight tangent here.

I saw his old comedy partner Richard Herring in York and he was fucking brilliant. made me laugh so much my head was killing after the gig

I cant wait to watch Stewert Lees new show tonight as Lee and Herring are my fav ever comedy double act and they are equally brilliant on thier own as well.

Just to go go off on a slight tangent here.

I saw his old comedy partner Richard Herring in York and he was fucking brilliant. made me laugh so much my head was killing after the gig

I cant wait to watch Stewert Lees new show tonight as Lee and Herring are my fav ever comedy double act and they are equally brilliant on thier own as well.

the headmasters son ? I saw and it was brilliant, his podcast with andrew collins is also worth a look.

the headmasters son ? I saw and it was brilliant, his podcast with andrew collins is also worth a look.

Yeah thats the show i saw

The venue i saw him in was tiny i was in the second row and was about 6 feet away from him which i feel is the best way to see stand up as in big venues he dont feel like the comic is talking to you but is just detahced away somewhere and may as well not be on the stage.

Richard Herring was also very nice after the show signing all his programmes which were free as well unlike the fucking Mighty Boosh who charged about 20 quid for thiers, the rip off merchants.

He's not 'belly-laugh' funny, it's a slightly different style to most.

Different strokes and all that but I definitely find him proper laugh-out-loud (not LOL) funny. I saw him do some standup late last year and was in stitches throughout. Sounds like some of the material he did (about Chris Moyles' autobiography) is in the show tonight.

I saw him at Latitude last year and after hearing lots of good things about him, he was a bit disappointing. Had a similar reaction to Kerraig, amusing but only enough to tease a smile out of me, rather than a laugh. That said only Ross Noble, Russell Howard (this surprised me) and maybe Rich Hall got a laugh from me there so perhaps I was in an odd mood. Will still keep an eye on this though as would be good to see what the fuss is about ;)

I cried with laughter at his gig at Latitude. For ages. Howard was also hilarious.

Pretty good so far but that whole rappers by the multistory car park bit was fucking excruciating. Good to see The Actor Kevin Eldon back on TV too!

It was a good payoff, but the lead up was waaaay too long.

The rest of the programme was brilliant, though

Yeah, the rapper bit went on for far too long, but the rear of it was great. I probably would have preferred to have the Iannucci interview edited into the main programme rather than the sketches though, to be honest.

Oh bollocks, so what was that Comedy Extra thing that popped up then? I didn't know what to do when that happened. Will it be on iPlayer? I love Ianucci.