Demon's Souls - remake's OUT - mindful of the spoilers, please!

16 hours ago, sammy said:

Nailed the fucker on my lunch break!  My god it felt good to see the lumps of health come off him when he was on his back.  

2-1 to finish next, I can’t be too far off the end of that, creepy sodding place.

Turns out I was still far off, the levels are huge in this thing!  Got the boss first try by playing like an absolute coward, thank fuck for magic.

Now creeping around in 3-1.  :blink:.

Faith restored.

Praise all levers.

Started 2-1. Got to the first true shortcut where you activate

Spoiler

the constantly moving elevator

near the start. Thrilling and tense encounters all the way through. The view when I emerged from the darkness just before finding that shortcut was pure :wub: visually this game is on another level and when the gamplay works it pure gaming at its finest.

I have no doubt I will end up back in a few dark places with this game but I will survive, I will march on and I will prevail.

Man 4-1 is driving me nuts. I can see paths on the right hand side of the map but I can’t figure out how to get there.

I know the path loops around from the left but I’m pretty sure not everything is accessible from that way.

In the process I have become intimate with the Skeletons and actually think they’re a very clever design.

They teach you all about the importance of blocking. You can block their rolls and they recoil when their attack hits your shield, which gives you a chance to attack. 

Also, as they roll at you it helps give you a better telegraph of parrying their incoming attack AND their strong attacks are slow enough to give you enough time to fail a parry and still get out of the way.

All very subtle but clever stuff.

After beating the Spider (well I was just there hanging out, someone eles killed it) I went back in to help some other people and died. You don’t want to have me in your game lol.

I set the server to London when I got the game but you won’t get any summons that way so always make sure it’s on default.

I also levelled up my strength to 18 just so I could use a particular shield.

Good times. This game is fun but you know, Souls warnings.

44 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

I’ve spent the past two nights farming various shards & chunks so I can upgrade all my weapons for the Weapon Path trophy, easily the most tedious thing to do in the game. Ive just looked up what more I need to see it’s been removed from the PS5 version!!! I didn’t know they had removed Trophies.

Yea, I believe they’ve changed the trophies.

From what I gather the new ones are more interesting to do, although maybe not so easy...

Im loving this all over again.

I was pretty sure I hadnt died in body form in 4-1, but sure enough, the world was in black tendency. So it was really, really difficult as I was still at a low level. I thought I would use a stone of ephemeral eyes and get someone to help me get to the Adjudicator, then beat him and get the tendency back towards white. The idiot runs ahead and sets off the second arrow trap and it kills me :lol:

So now, it is pure black tendency, with black phantom Satsuki right at the start of the level. Any of his attacks one hit kill me, and I barely have enough of a stamina bar to take him down when he tries to heal. Around 50 goes later he is dead, and the tendency is back towards white, and things are much easier again!

I had forgotten how easy the adjudicator is, and had also forgotten about the rather awesome shortcut to get there. Onto Valley of Defilement 2 next :wub:

Having played this now for several hours i'd like to give kudos to Bluepoint.

Completing a project like this in around two years is a great accomplishment, especially on new hardware.

I'd love to see them doing Demon Souls 2 as their 1st original project but i doubt Fromsoft would allow it.

I can dream though.

49 minutes ago, Underwurlde said:

Having played this now for several hours i'd like to give kudos to Bluepoint.

Completing a project like this in around two years is a great accomplishment, especially on new hardware.

I'd love to see them doing Demon Souls 2 as their 1st original project but i doubt Fromsoft would allow it.

I can dream though.

rumour has it that Metal Gear Solid is next.

Theres some tweet and apparently some nonsense about a T. rex sound in the nexus.

The later sounds about as true as one of those PS Plus game leak articles.

1-2 boss question:

Spoiler

I’m trying to kill him from up top like a coward but no matter where I stand or when I shoot, I can’t seem to hit him with a soul arrow, despite all the information I can find saying it should be easy. Am I messing this up or does it not work in the same way as on the PS3?

1 minute ago, Pungee said:

1-2 boss question:

Hide contents

I’m trying to kill him from up top like a coward but no matter where I stand or when I shoot, I can’t seem to hit him with a soul arrow, despite all the information I can find saying it should be easy. Am I messing this up or does it not work in the same way as on the PS3?

Spoiler

You aren’t going to be able to hit him without exposing yourself judging from my play, and you need hot timing to hit him when he’s exposed throwing his own blast at you. There’s maybe some secret spot though.

7 minutes ago, Pungee said:

1-2 boss question:

Hide contents

Get down on the deck, dodge his attacks, hit his weak spots. 

4-2 down, wow spooky shit! Finally getting the hang of those ninja skellies, they don't like my dragon sword I found in the depths of 2-2. What's all this tendency stuff then, it's really bloody confusing, I have shied away from looking at guides but 

Spoiler

the bit where Patches kicks you down a hole and there is a body with an item atop a bunch of rocks was doing my head in, I kept trying to jump down to get it and in the end thought I'd just look it up, and apparently I have to get the world into Pure White Tendency, so then I read a little about how I can do that and fuck me I was still confused, I have to kill bosses, then kill myself in the nexus to not die in body form, but if I log off and on it resets to the average on the server or something, is that right? If so does that mean I basically have to go through -1,-2,-3 of every level to get to pure white? Or do I do the trick @Tomdominer asked about the other day with password invasions? I plan to play this through many times so I'm sure I'll find out and get to grips with it eventually, but I kinda don't want to miss stuff too, though that is inevitable on From games  so maybe I should say I don't want to miss too much on the first playthrough. Should I just not worry about it this time? Should I be manipulating my worlds?

2 minutes ago, Marlew said:

@Minion

I really wouldn't try and total dogshit it on your first run. It's a bit...particular.

Edit: Autocorrect but I'm leaving that. 

Cool thanks I won't bother worrying about it and just play through the game, there's always NG+ and other characters to get everything, I already have other builds in mind now I'm finding certain items and whatnot. 

Bah, had a really frustrating session on this where I know the 3-1 boss isn't all that hard but when the run back is probably one of the worst in any From game I can think of and it's so easy to get electrocuted by the boss and then get hit by 4 magic attacks at once while stunned and die....raaaaaaage.

Is there any trick to knowing where those things will appear on the floor or is it just blind luck?

@Majora 

Spoiler

I think you might be able to see from the floor tiles, but not sure. I personally try to always block myself off behind a pillar. If I get hit, it's only by one soul arrow. 

Have you worked out how to identify the 'real' boss?

Spoiler

The one who shoots the bigger soul ray. 

16 minutes ago, Minion said:

Cool thanks I won't bother worrying about it and just play through the game, there's always NG+ and other characters to get everything, I already have other builds in mind now I'm finding certain items and whatnot. 

Yeah, it's definitely something you want to leave to your second playthrough. I used to be able to get pure white my first play of each level when I was good at this. Those days are long gone now though!