Demon's Souls - remake's OUT - mindful of the spoilers, please!

I've always felt that Demon's can be either very satisfying or very irritating depending on build. It's the least well balanced, definitely, but it's a consequence of being the first and attempting so many new things. As much as DS2 was 'rescued' mid-development, so too was Demon's, so it's fucking remarkable that it is what it is (the only acceptable use of that phrase). It's wobbly as fuck, though. 

2 hours ago, Marlew said:

I've always felt that Demon's can be either very satisfying or very irritating depending on build. It's the least well balanced, definitely, but it's a consequence of being the first and attempting so many new things. As much as DS2 was 'rescued' mid-development, so too was Demon's, so it's fucking remarkable that it is what it is (the only acceptable use of that phrase). It's wobbly as fuck, though. 

I don't know much about the development of the games. Are there any good articles online to read about them?

21 minutes ago, danbot said:

You're absolutely flying Squirtle! Nice work.

Thanks. Once I got post my roadblock, I've just flown through it. I think I only have area five, which I'm aware is supposed to be a ball ache, and the rest of world one and whatever end game there is. 

I think I need to play something that isn't souls next... But I know I'm just going to crack on with DS3...

7 hours ago, squirtle said:

Yeah, they were annoying, but I killed them and then the Yellow Demon. So that's three arch demons today. Nice.

Nice one.. Was actually commenting on the meta of the Souls lore...cycles repeating. Joke dies on explanation though :

17 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

SO THE WORLD MIGHT BE MENDED

You can't help but hear the voice when you read that

Reveal hidden contents

SO THE WORLD MIGHT BE MENDED

"The Lincoln Project is responsible for the content of this advert."

That one?

Oh, man...

Spoiler

I freed Biorr from under the tower then went off to fight the Penetrator (snigger). I was unaware that he would turn up to help out. Great, I thought. So I cast the plague spell on the Penetrator (snigger)... Except all it did was poison Biorr. Bum. Anyway, killed the Penetrator (snigger) and then Biorr turns on me. I just backed off and let the plague do it's job. I felt bad... But nice armour and ring (snigger).

13 hours ago, squirtle said:

Oh, man...

Hide contents

I freed Biorr from under the tower then went off to fight the Penetrator (snigger). I was unaware that he would turn up to help out. Great, I thought. So I cast the plague spell on the Penetrator (snigger)... Except all it did was poison Biorr. Bum. Anyway, killed the Penetrator (snigger) and then Biorr turns on me. I just backed off and let the plague do it's job. I felt bad... But nice armour and ring (snigger).

I chuckled way more than I should have at this haha

17 minutes ago, robdood said:

Hey @squirtle (omg you changed your name back!), did I miss it, or did you not really encounter Yurt, the Silent Chief? 

Don't think I did. Where are they? I have a load of layabouts sat around the Nexus, but God only knows what half of them do. Umbasa yourself, ya wastes of space.

2 minutes ago, squirtle said:

Don't think I did. Where are they? I have a load of layabouts sat around the Nexus, but God only knows what half of them do. Umbasa yourself, ya wastes of space.

He's found in 3-2, iirc, you can free him from a cage...

2 minutes ago, squirtle said:

Must have missed him. Is he in the top section or down in the gunk?

It probably too late to be worth doing now tbh. 

Shame! He's essentially 

Spoiler

This game's Lautrec 

If you don't pay enough attention around  the Nexus.. 

Spoiler

He will literally kill everyone. Even Stockpile Thomas! 

33 minutes ago, robdood said:

It probably too late to be worth doing now tbh. 

Shame! He's essentially 

Hide contents

This game's Lautrec 

If you don't pay enough attention around  the Nexus.. 

Hide contents

He will literally kill everyone. Even Stockpile Thomas! 

Glad I missed him then. 

One thing I do really like about this game are the loading screens. Really nice art work. 

well...

i had to rewatch, as that bit at the start, 1.09, just looked wrong...why...well, thats a soldier, a soldier cant fast role in that armour...i litterally loaded up demons to test when i saw it...eurgh...