rllmuk
robdood

Demon's Souls - a decade on

2 hours ago, DC said:

Is that remake confirmed?

Not officially but Jason Schreier stated on ResetEra that it's coming.

• Upvote 2

Great watch, it does indeed bring back memories.

You didn’t have your thinking head on though...

You got the mausoleum key and then didn’t use it, even though you’d cleared the way to do so ;)

• Upvote 1

I've messed around with RPCS3 for a while but could never get Demon's Souls to work for any length of time. Inspired by your vids @robdood I've updated RPCS3, applied the 60fps patch and it's running like a charm!

I got pretty far in my orig PS3 playthrough but maybe I'll actually finish the game this time :) 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Goemon said:

Great watch, it does indeed bring back memories.

You didn’t have your thinking head on though...

You got the mausoleum key and then didn’t use it, even though you’d cleared the way to do so ;)

I know! Someone already told me in my comments :lol:

To be fair, you don't know that door is the mausoleum until you try opening it with the key, so.. 

I've started messing around with this in RCPS3 and so far so good. Sound  is a bit messed up at points though and I can't seem to fix it.

Not too keen on the amount of enemies it tends to plonk in one place.

Still one of my favourite Souls, the atmosphere - especially in *that* area - is the best. It's been due for a replay for awhile now, but since @Vemsie has confirmed the remaster I'm waiting for that instead of digging out the PS3 or installing RCPS3. Really looking forward to it, if it's a good remaster that alone already justifies my upcoming PS5 purchase!

4 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Still one of my favourite Souls, the atmosphere - especially in *that* area - is the best. It's been due for a replay for awhile now, but since @Vemsie has confirmed the remaster I'm waiting for that instead of digging out the PS3 or installing RCPS3. Really looking forward to it, if it's a good remaster that alone already justifies my upcoming PS5 purchase!

It's based on rumours, hints and Jason Schreier saying it's coming on Era, not on personal information. :)
Also, Bluepoint has stated their next game is not a remaster but a remake. Expect a complete visual overhaul and QoL improvements in that case.

Just now, Vemsie said:

It's based on rumours, hints and Jason Schreier saying it's coming on Era, not on personal information. :)
Also, Bluepoint has stated their next game is not a remaster but a remake. Expect a complete visual overhaul and QoL improvements in that case.

Oh, I typed remaster by mistake when I meant remake :D Yes of course, if it was just a remaster I would've fired up the old PS3 by now instead of waiting.

I'd rather they just did a sequel than a remake, to be honest.

From isn't that interested in doing sequels anymore. Besides, we have Elden Ring to look forward too.

I remember picking up an Asian ps3 version before most people had heard of it and was amazed at how good it was. Played it for months too.

5 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

especially in *that* area

Latria?

3 hours ago, dvdx2 said:

I remember picking up an Asian ps3 version before most people had heard of it and was amazed at how good it was. Played it for months too.

This is nearly my experience. To be exact:

I remember picking up an Asian ps3 version before most people had heard of it and was amazed at how frustratingly hard it was. Sold my lovely SE version within days, for peanuts, because I’m a cock.

Let's continue to Stonefang!!  Anyone who hasn't yet, please hit that subscribe button, I'm 20 subs away from being able to monetise ommmggggggg :omg:

• Upvote 3

Ooh just found a certain sword on 4.1 that'll do me very nicely indeed thanks. The dickheads on the run up to it can fuck off mind. 

• Empathy 1

4 hours ago, El Spatula said:

Ooh just found a certain sword on 4.1 that'll do me very nicely indeed thanks. The dickheads on the run up to it can fuck off mind. 

I went there this afternoon for the first time ever and noped the fuck out lol

19 minutes ago, James Lyon said:

Can't wait for the Pure Bladestone farming video(s).

Ha, no chance.  We going Str+Faith, screw those dex babyweapons

• Upvote 1

Spent a few hours on this today and got past some hurdles!

Spoiler

Was really struggling with Armoured Spider so I ended up going back to Shrine of Storms. After a few frustrating starts I done a suicide run for the Crescent Falchion+1 and that's probably the best decision I've made!

Ended up clearing the entire area, got an awesome shield and Adjudicator is down. Also had enough materials to upgrade the CF to +2

Followed that up with the Tower Knight and by the time I went back  to Armoured Spider, she went down first attempt :omg:

Taking a break as even with brightness & contrast at full, the Armoured Spider Archstone area is still so dark that it's giving me a headache 

New episode up! Gotta record some more tonight. :D

• Upvote 3

OH GOD WHY DID I THINK GOING TO 4-1 WAS A GOOD IDEA. 

• Upvote 5

We're still going, second half of Latria below!

I'm also more excited than is reasonable because I can now make 'posts' on youtube, so will be polling my viewers on where to go next, etc.  Please vote!  :D

• Upvote 4