rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
revlob

Diablo III - Eternal Collection out on Switch

11 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

There is a massive problem that the game really does start at 70. Which format are you on @Jamie John? Adventure mode should be under the game modes on the main title screen. I thought they'd patched it in from the beginning on PS4 and Xbox as it's there from the off on switch.

I'm playing on Switch. I'll look again but I could only see Continue and start again in Season mode.

22 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

I'm playing on Switch. I'll look again but I could only see Continue and start again in Season mode.

Second option down on the main menu from continue, choose adventure and then choose the act and difficulty.IMG_20181201_194453.thumb.jpg.77250dc39ecf4ac1ac0ab137a9e94acd.jpg

• Upvote 2

So...I played the campaign again for an hour or so tonight, and it might be my Saturday night rum talking, but I quite enjoyed myself. The groups of enemies seem to get a lot bigger in the second act, which makes things more interesting. I'm surprised the humble Switch can keep up with it all the bombast going on at once. Plus, I found a really hench legendary flail thing that allows me to sweep through all the enemies and send them all flying, like Sauron.

Maybe I do like the game after all :unsure:

Loads of items have cool and unique effects like that. I liked Nagelring for a while, it gives you an exploding kamikaze minion every 10 seconds. The +34% magic find was nice as well.

The hell are you lot playing this on the switch for?

Do you guys not have phones?

I remember playing this one night and my nephew got dropped off and my dad brought him in and I was like "Oh, let me turn this off" but he wanted to watch and they both watched for a while and my nephew said "who's that?" pointing at the girly witch I was playing and my dad sighed wearily and said "that's your uncle".

It was like he was channelling 32 years of disappointment into one bitterly resigned utterance :lol:

• Upvote 3

I think I'm going to need to find a group in order to progress. Currently pushing into the 80s range GRs and it's starting to get tough.

No Primal Ancient drops yet.

• Upvote 1

I've no idea what any of that means.

I just hit the munsters and pick up the shiny things.

I tried playing multiplayer a few times but it just pissed me off, everyone was hitting my munsters and filling my screen with shit and getting in the way.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Anyone on the fence it's currently £34.99 digitally* on the eStore

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Diablo-III-Eternal-Collection-1417875.html

*I know it's not a super bargain but at least it's not £50 or some shit.

Works out at about £29 on the Russian and RSA eshops, I believe.

Incidentally, this game is great; it's taken me a while but I love it now, decimating hordes of enemies for shinies.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

Quick question if anyone can help.

Does the Eternal Collection on PS4 come with all the extra content on the disc?

Or is it just the standard edition disc with scratchcards for the DLC?

Looking at Google it looks like the DLC activation/authorisation is on the disc, so while the content isn't on there it downloads it for you and you can use it.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/76766649

But I don't know for certain. Sorry dude.

• Upvote 1

I think that’s me done for the current season as well. Bored of the WD and doesn’t seem worth levelling something else this close to season end. 

Not or sure what I’ll try next season. Depends on what the reward set is for the characters I suppose. 

Quick question. 

I’ve just got my first character (crusader) to 70 in seasons mode. I know it all ends next week and I’m enjoying trying to get the season reward armour. 

Question is when I start a new character from level 1 next season does that character have access to my previously stored stash items or does everything wipe and start again? I’m not sure how I should be using my stash really as the items soon become useless when your levels keep going up. How should I be using my stash? 

2 hours ago, danbot said:

Each season is a completely clean slate.

Leave stuff in your stash that may be useful in the future. Prioritise set items and legendaries.

Ok. Thanks. But if it’s a clean slate (your stash gets wiped?) then how can it be helpful later?

@Yiggy

Your stash doesn't get wiped. At the end of a season a seasonal character becomes a normal character so that character, paragon points, stash etc all move to the normal game mode. 

When you start a new seasonal character it starts as a new character (nothing is transferable from the normal game into a seasonal character)

I dont think I've explained that particularly well but hope you get the gist of it

• Upvote 2

I took a long break from this. I got a bit bored after Act IV and played some RDR2, but I came back to it again yesterday and I think I’m hooked. Act V is pretty fun so far. Currently level 56 and looking forward to finding out what all this “game starts at 70” guff is all about. 

For the monk, does your offhand weapon not add to damage? I had some etching with about 400 damage in my main and 300 in offhand but a single staff with like 1000 took my damage from 10K to 30K instantly. Had to put the difficulty up to Master which is still a bit easy. 

59 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

For the monk, does your offhand weapon not add to damage? I had some etching with about 400 damage in my main and 300 in offhand but a single staff with like 1000 took my damage from 10K to 30K instantly. Had to put the difficulty up to Master which is still a bit easy. 

I can’t remember this clearly but iirc two weapons aren’t cumalituve you’ll alternate attacks with each one. You get a 15% Attack speed buff when dual wielding. Generally this means faster attacks but lower damage range. It also means if there is a significant  damage difference every second hit will be noticeably weaker.  A big upside is you can use two weapon gems, a second emerald nearly always works out as more damage than using a two hander if the weapons are of compatible quality. 

This is is all stuff I remember reading as I’ve never really played a two weapon character. It might also be incredibly out of date. 

• Upvote 2