rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
revlob

Diablo III - Eternal Collection out on Switch

My god. Fair to say that things step up a bit when you complete the seasonal set. I just did my first greater rift with all six pieces equipped for the full set bonus and the damage numbers get ridiculous. 

I can cast Wall of Death every 8 seconds which puts my damage figures into the hundreds of millions per hit for each of my pets/summons. Without even really trying or paying much attention, I just cleared the level 25 greater rift in 5 mins 15 seconds and the rift guardian died in (no exaggeration here) 3 seconds max. I tried to save the video in disbelief but didn't realise the Switch only saves 30 second clips, so only succeeded in saving a clip of me upgrading some legendary gems. 

I kind of feel like I'm done for the season now I'm doing these sorts of numbers. The other seasonal goals only seem to offer portrait frames and I think this is a good spot for me to play something else until the next season starts, when I can't wait to do it all again with another class. What a game. 

• Upvote 1

Oh, I forgot we can record clips. I'll try and get some carnage down tonight when I finish work. Noticing crits in the multiple billion range now. I'm still only half-baked yet as well.

10 hours ago, bobontheway said:

This is available for £33 via Amazon right now

Just came here to say the same. I tried to get them to price match the Very.co.uk price before it sold out and they told me to bugger off. This'll do though.

BOOM!

Act IV completed and have the 6 pieces of the Rathma set. 

Just seen I have a bunch of Infernal Machine things in my items. Guessing that is some further dungeons I can play with, This game just keeps on giving. 

Infernal Machines open portals to boss battles that have a chance of dropping rare materials to make Hellfire jewellery.

Get the plans from a vendor in the act 2 town.

They may seem rubbish but the amulets certainly have their uses.

Do the bosses on T13 for guaranteed drops of mats.

4 hours ago, Pungee said:

My god. Fair to say that things step up a bit when you complete the seasonal set. I just did my first greater rift with all six pieces equipped for the full set bonus and the damage numbers get ridiculous. 

I can cast Wall of Death every 8 seconds which puts my damage figures into the hundreds of millions per hit for each of my pets/summons. Without even really trying or paying much attention, I just cleared the level 25 greater rift in 5 mins 15 seconds and the rift guardian died in (no exaggeration here) 3 seconds max. I tried to save the video in disbelief but didn't realise the Switch only saves 30 second clips, so only succeeded in saving a clip of me upgrading some legendary gems. 

I kind of feel like I'm done for the season now I'm doing these sorts of numbers. The other seasonal goals only seem to offer portrait frames and I think this is a good spot for me to play something else until the next season starts, when I can't wait to do it all again with another class. What a game. 

This is a decent place to stop if you aren’t fussed about getting bigger numbers and getting into the higher rifts. To some extent it is just more of the same from here on in. 

In case case you do decide to keep going some items to look out for, for your build. 

Short mans finger - ring that gives you three mini gargantuan that hit way harder than your big one. This is probably the most important item for a helktooth build right now. 

Mask of jeraam voodoo mask and tasker and Theo gloves. Straight up pet damage boosts. Wear the better one and cube the other.  Do act 1 bounties until you get a rrog from the cache and cube it so you can wear 5 pieces of a set and keep the bonus. 

Level up the enforcer, bane of the trapped and either bane of the stricken or powerful gems. 

Thats all all the game really is from this point on. Tracking down those specific pieces of gear that refine your build and watch the numbers get sillier. Then you’ll try and replace all of them with ancient versions which is where I tap out personally. 

• Upvote 1

That's sort of where I am with it too, it clearly got to a point where it was just about hunting down specific things to push DPS a bit higher and I lost interest after a couple of evenings of making little in the way of tangible progress. I'll be back when the season ticks over again for sure, though.

Smashed it up to Master and it was still easy-ish! However I'm enjoying it more + WOW! Super fast levelling.

Lovely!

Yeah, same here. Doing my first ever season (PS4), hit it up to Master and have flown up about 10 levels in an hour or so to level 25. Stuck a +20% XP gem in Leoric's crown and did a starter rift... That definitely helped :)

Hadn't played as a Necromancer before either which has been quite fun. Everything explodes now.

Drop me a line if you're getting back into this (smithstock - PS4). You're right about the difficulty ramping, I think you can get to Level 70 from about 20 mins play on Torment 4 though you're best sticking on the most fluid, not the hardest difficulty, after that. 

I finished the story on T4. I liked the boss a lot. Ran a few bounties and rifts I found the cube thing. It is a lovely game but I think Im going to give it a break. it is too time consuming. 

Yes I could try not to rush it. But there's always that piece of set that won't drop.

• Upvote 1

I've completed my multishot set. Now I just need to get out of Act II to get the other materials for power extraction.

Ripping the game up at the maximum it can throw at me. Level 60GR and Torment XIII. Replacing equip with Ancient variants.

• Upvote 2

I'm only managing to get 15-30mins a night on this at the moment. I'm playing on master but it's a bit of a slog: enemies aren't hard, exactly, but they just take longer to kill than on easier difficulties.

Overall, I'm not sure if I've been completely won over by this yet. After about 10 minutes of coming into a new area and then realising I essentially just need to run around doing the exact same thing as the previous area, my mind starts to wander. I get how some people might say the gameplay is 'relaxing', but I'm often left thinking I might just be wasting my time. So far (still in Act I, looking for some staff) there's not been much variety. The spider caves were interesting, for a bit at least, until I found out that all the game requires you to do is walk round squashing them until you get to the boss.

I'll persevere for now and hope that it gets its hooks into me a bit more, but at the moment I'm failing to see why this is as praised as it is. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong.

• Empathy 1

If punching shit in the face for loot repeatedly doesn't interest you then you're not going to get anything from it. There's no deep and meaningful experience here. No grand story with an epic climax. No moral to tell. No world view changing message. It's literally punch shit, get loot. Punch more shit, get more loot.

It appeals to people who have the need to see numbers fly in greater increments and see things have the skeletons punched out of them. It's video game catharsis in its purest form.

Try adventure mode if you're on Switch (although I think they patched it in on PS4 and Xbox from the start now) and just kill shit for bounties and the fun of it. If you're still not enjoying it after that then you most likely never will.

Yep as @moosegrinder says this is a level grinders dream, collecting loot, doing more damage, running rifts and bounties, seasons stuff and repeat. There's a ton of content but I can see how this wouldn't be for some people.

Personally I've now done the seasons stuff, got up to Level 70, Paragon 170 and I'm going to leave it about there to avoid burning myself out ready for the next season. 

Can honestly say it's so far been some of my favourite 100+ hours in gaming 

• Upvote 1

I can't remember if they're on by default but having the damage numbers visible is a great example of the "make the numbers go up" gameplay that Diablo does so well.

My wizard is pushing on GR40something.  Paragon 140ish. The seasonal set totally changed the way I'm playing, no longer sat back shooting death rays out of my hands. I'm now up in people's faces blasting them whilst meteors rain down from the sky obliterating everything around. 

It's fun. 

Anyone fancy adding me for some multiplayer? Code: 5601-5888-8299

I've also filled my 350 stash slots with legendaries and green set items I could be giving away to other Demon Hunters.

Going to potter around with my Necro for the rest of season 15. But fancy something different in Season 16, maybe something more Melee focussed. What do people recommend?

Also, is there anything I should do between 15 & 16? Such as with the items in my stash? Or what I have collected in terms of gold, mats, keys, etc?

I think there is a way to remove level cap from items. But I guess it will require a lot of advanced materials.

I guess a big ruby on the helm must help a lot!

I had to remove the game from the Switch!. It is just too adictive!.

But looking forward a fresh start in the new season.

8 hours ago, daifuco said:

I think there is a way to remove level cap from items. But I guess it will require a lot of advanced materials.

I guess a big ruby on the helm must help a lot!

I had to remove the game from the Switch!. It is just too adictive!.

But looking forward a fresh start in the new season.

You only need to level a gem of ease which is trivial. Socketed in a weapon it removes level cap or you can cube it with anything and it removes level cap but is destroyed in the process. Takes no time to level another one though really. 

Great for alts but obviously, even if you make a complete set of level 1 legendary gear you won’t have access to it in the new season. 

10 hours ago, Jamie John said:

When do the seasons update? In the spring, or is not a literal season?

I think I'm right in saying this season finishes December 16th and the new one starts shortly after

I got to the end of Act 1 earlier and have now come into some desert area.

I don't think this is the game for me. I literally do the same thing every time I come across a group of enemies: run into the middle of them, hold down A and R and then watch the meters in the bottom left corner, activating skills when they become available, until everything around me is dead, then I move on and do the exact same thing again with the next group of enemies. If I come across a slightly harder enemy, sometimes I might have to heal, but that's the only thing that separates harder enemies from weaker ones, that and they take longer to die. If I die, which is rare, then I just tap a button and respawn three seconds later in  the same place with a neglible penalty and carry on what I was doing beforehand.

There's no strategy or thought whatsoever. I don't get it. It reminds me of when I played Candy Crush Saga on my mobile for about a wee a few years ago, tapping to win, before I uninstalled it in disgust before I was dragged in anymore. I've not played Destiny, but this is what I imagine it's like, from what I've read at least, and why I never want to play it.

I want to give it one last try before I hand the towel in. I tried to find the adventure mode that @moosegrinder mentioned above but it's not in the menu. Do I need to complete the campaign for it first? If so I think I'll just leave it. I've also thought about starting over with a different character class. At the moment I'm a Crusader, about level 40; are the other classes more interesting?

• Empathy 1

There is a massive problem that the game really does start at 70. Which format are you on @Jamie John? Adventure mode should be under the game modes on the main title screen. I thought they'd patched it in from the beginning on PS4 and Xbox as it's there from the off on switch.