rllmuk
Cecil Kay

Car boots, charity shops and amazing retro finds from your loft

it's been that long, I can't remember. I borrowed a pandora battery, but it had bulged so bad I didn't wanna risk it.

so it just sits in my drawer now...

13F85A6B-4BD2-4456-9F04-7DEB1EC9E457.thumb.jpeg.5221453c5e242297d65ba24154e92846.jpeg

If it charges and the power light comes on you just have to hold Home and L1 as you power it on and that'll get it to start up. 

1 hour ago, SeanR said:

no, seriously, I REALLY wish my UMD drive worked on one PSP, and the other PSP wasn't bricked...

What model is the bricked one? I might be able to sort that for you ;)

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

What model is the bricked one? I might be able to sort that for you ;)

PSP-1003

235D3AA7-32D6-460F-B260-358B933C7F93.thumb.jpeg.16bc5be6c93483b8754d1db196a64132.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Cool, OG model then, might be worth plugging in the charger and seeing if it will switch on at all, should power up without a battery in, as mentioned up thread, if it is running cfw holding "L" whilst starting up should get you into the system, if not, happy for you to send it over and I can run a Pandora through it, failing that, I've a stack of OG motherboards sitting about that I could swap in if the board is dead and the UMD drive was a working one :)

• Upvote 6

I'm off on holiday MOnday, back Saturday, but happy to help out, I'd have sent you the battery and memory card to do it yourself, but RM don't let you post lithium batteries unless inside their designated console.

I've got BOXES of PSP spares and full consoles ( waiting to either be fixed or stripped for parts ) and a box of maybe 15 waiting for batteries before shifting them on, getting good quality ( or even ones that fucking fit properly ) for PSP 3000 models is a nightmare, aftermarket ones tend to be slightly to big and either the batery cover doesn't fit, or it pushes the UMD slightly out of place making them not work properly :(

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MikeBeaver said:

I'm off on holiday MOnday, back Saturday, but happy to help out, I'd have sent you the battery and memory card to do it yourself, but RM don't let you post lithium batteries unless inside their designated console.

I've got BOXES of PSP spares and full consoles ( waiting to either be fixed or stripped for parts ) and a box of maybe 15 waiting for batteries before shifting them on, getting good quality ( or even ones that fucking fit properly ) for PSP 3000 models is a nightmare, aftermarket ones tend to be slightly to big and either the batery cover doesn't fit, or it pushes the UMD slightly out of place making them not work properly :(

I should probably explain I got the bricked one, in that condition. (I was given it when the subject of portable gaming came up at work and mentioned that while I had a vita as well, it lacked the UMD drive of the earlier PSP, and my own was b0rked, and there were loads of cheap games and films for it)

No idea if it's CFW or not, but the guides I've tried so far to get it ticking over haven't shifted it

when you're ready I'll send it out to you?

• Upvote 1

Just now, SeanR said:

I should probably explain I got the bricked one, in that condition. (I was given it when the subject of portable gaming came up at work and mentioned that while I had a vita as well, it lacked the UMD drive of the earlier PSP, and my own was b0rked, and there were loads of cheap games and films for it)

No idea if it's CFW or not, but the guides I've tried so far to get it ticking over haven't shifted it

when your ready I'll send it out to you?

I'll bring it back to life, no worries there, the above boxes of bits are more than enough to get it going, so long as the screen and UMD are good, it'll be back to full strength, even if the board and UMD are fried, as long as the screen is alright it could be brought back to life just using CFW as I've not got any spare UMD drives, if you've got a slim console, might be worth charging your OG battery in there, just to make sure it's not dead also. will give you a shout when I am back from sun chasing :p

• Upvote 4

Went for a rummage in my folks loft earlier, was looking for an old stamp collection to see if it might be worth a few pennies, stumbled on some proper TREASURE instead!

57049061_10156489584837979_8105143113401499648_n.jpg

• Upvote 7

10 hours ago, marsh said:

Went for a rummage in my folks loft earlier, was looking for an old stamp collection to see if it might be worth a few pennies, stumbled on some proper TREASURE instead!

57049061_10156489584837979_8105143113401499648_n.jpg

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the box to one of those, even back in the day. Wonderful devices. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, new666uk said:

I've literally no idea what those are - what did they do? How do they work?

Imagine a pair of binoculars with a Game & Watch inside. With colour 'graphics' and stereo sound.

Hopefully you're familiar with a Game & Watch...

• Upvote 3

While out and about today, I completely forgot to get any batteries. The Gradius LCD I found in the box with Sky Fighters will have to wait....:doh:

16 hours ago, Alexlotl said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the box to one of those, even back in the day. Wonderful devices. 

Awesome devices think my mate had Thundering Turbos or something and the one with a tron like space ship. Loved the era of the fluorescent tubed mini arcade games.... Anyone remember Firefox? Astro Wars... Astro Wars was my favourite...Clocked the score around on that a few times... only went to something like 10,000!!!! (limit number of digits on the display).

It was a great era as electronics started making its way into everything... also remember an amazing board game my mate had called "The Dark Tower" by MB games.....  

11 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Awesome devices think my mate had Thundering Turbos or something and the one with a tron like space ship. Loved the era of the fluorescent tubed mini arcade games.... Anyone remember Firefox? Astro Wars... Astro Wars was my favourite...Clocked the score around on that a few times... only went to something like 10,000!!!! (limit number of digits on the display).

It was a great era as electronics started making its way into everything... also remember an amazing board game my mate had called "The Dark Tower" by MB games.....  

Firefox? Yes

Astro Wars? Oh Yes 

Galaxy Invader 1000, Frogger, Caveman, Scramble, Munchman, Coleco stuff, etc etc. Dixons was full of them. A boomtime for AC adaptors and C type batteries.

• Upvote 2

If you put it horizontal, press the eject button and bang on the top at the front, just above the disc tray, it "should" pop the drawer open, this sounds like a classic case of worn out drive belt, and it's a piece of piss to fix yourself :)

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

If you put it horizontal, press the eject button and bang on the top at the front, just above the disc tray, it "should" pop the drawer open, this sounds like a classic case of worn out drive belt, and it's a piece of piss to fix yourself :)

Cheers mate, I’ll have a play later.

Its in really good nick apart from the tray issue. Oh, and I need to get a controller ;)