Update thy 360 Dashboard

An hour? Are you still on 56k :unsure:

56k? Luxury. More like 5.6k here.

Just logged in, no update here.

Crap. Does that mean I've been signed up for the preview programme again? That's XBL out of action for the next month again. FFS.

56k? Luxury. More like 5.6k here.

Crap. Does that mean I've been signed up for the preview programme again? That's XBL out of action for the next month again. FFS.

You only get signed up to these things if you physically accept to do so :lol: You silly billy.

You only get signed up to these things if you physically accept to do so :lol: You silly billy.

That's not what happened last time.

As I said then, I reckon the previous owner of my 360 (I got a refurb back after a RROD) had signed up for it using my console's serial number.

I signed up for nothing, and got a month of shit with hour+ updates almost every single day.

The only noticable thing (to me at least) from that small update the other day was the fact that of the last three titles played on my HDD, only two showed up with a 'Xbox Live' placeholder with a black background as my third last played game.

This was on the 'My Xbox' dash screen.

No update on this asides from something worth keeping an eye out for:

"IMPORTANT!!!

It has come to our attention that some of our Public Preview participants are receiving erroneous e-mail information, not sent from the program, instructing them to click on a link to take the next steps to register their console. This is FALSE information and users should not follow any e-mail instructions. All of our instructions for the program will be hosted on this portal available only to those that are registered into the program.

ACTION: Please delete any e-mails you've received that give you instructions on next steps as they are not from the program and could render your registration in a declined state.

For those impacted, we are working to address the situation as quickly as possible and get them reinstated into the program."

Nice. Just did both my consoles (the second one you just go to download history and download it to the other console too. No extra code needed).

Kind of half tempted to get a Kinect now just for the dash and other silly little things like those Fun Labs. :blush:

This is going to take some getting used to. Premium themes are now gimped (you get the background but your friends list no longer gets the game specific icons next to them). There seems to be a lot of menu layers and everything feels spread out all over the place. I already miss the My Xbox Channel. It made sense to group your game library next to video next to music next to settings and have everything else dedicated to ads or marketplace. With this new dash everything feels spread out in between ads and the marketplace. You no longer have 'your' space. For example, to stream a video from your PC you have to first to to video marketplace, then dig down a couple if layers. It's an obvious blurring of the lines of store and console functions and I don't know that I like it.

I'm sure I'll get used to it but right now I'm a bit hmmm.

Layout is going to be a bit of an adjustment.. Speech recog seems to work pretty well though :)

General response is a LOT faster that's for sure.. Just go a few levels deep and then tap the back button to back out again.

Very good thing: AT LAST they've got rid of the (often huge) lag whenever leaving one downloadable game and waiting for the game list to repopulate.. (it was doing a check for each of your indie game titles online previously I believe..)

Very good thing: AT LAST they've got rid of the (often huge) lag whenever leaving one downloadable game and waiting for the game list to repopulate.. (it was doing a check for each of your indie game titles online I believe..)

Same thing happened during the last dash preview program. Everything was lightning fast during testing until it all went live, then performance turned to crap again.

The more I mess with it, the more I dislike it. It all feels so cumbersome, basic stuff takes too long to do and the marketplace is a mess of categories now. I'll try plugging in Kinect tomorrow and try out the voice commands feature.