rllmuk
Rex Grossman

Rugby thread (6 Nations, Heineken Cup etc)

6 hours ago, Matt Defis said:

Don't know what to make of that really

Some great individual performances I thought but North was exposed in centre a fair bit and we gave up serious yards. But we made some great chances by being bold and creative. And glad to see us not give a single point away 

12 hours ago, Matt Defis said:

Fucking hell I'd be angry if i was Scottish. 

Wasted so many chances and the Hogg thing speaks for itself some def at the try line by Ireland also. At least Scotland looked pretty solid overall.

13 hours ago, Matt Defis said:

If you're looking for somewhere to stay i might be able to hook you up though. 

no I'm good thanks.   Excited about the game but concerned that Scotland might get destroyed.

Concerned this may get worse for England, difficult first game away to a new France, and a dreadful first half. Could easily be campaign over by the second match.

It will be a tough game for England away, but with the way that Scotland played v Ireland it will play into Englands "bosh" type of game.

I cant see Ireland overturning England in Twick either and this as an Irish supporter.

No grand slam for anyone and Wales to win the tournament

It feels early to be picking Wales as winners, but I agree nobody's likely to make a Slam this year. They couldn't have wished for nicer opponents than Italy at home to start with but there's a lot of tricky away games to negotiate and I feel like better teams will expose the difficulty of new coaching team tactics and familiarity. Maybe I'm just being a typical Welsh pessimist.

What we need post-Brexit is a ban on the free trade of Shaun Edwards...

French defence looked strong.

Congrats Ireland, totally outclassed us, Wales look really tired and Tompkins had an absolute stinker with his missed tackles. 

• Upvote 1

Aye, I thought Stander was particularly clever with his infractions, but ultimately we didn't deserve shit anyway, really scrappy and uncoordinated.

An awful game with so many mistakes. Some of  which were forgivable due to the weather. Except England booting the ball out on the 4 times iirc and Scotlands dire lineout and Hogg pissing about again.

Such a blunt performance from England and we still couldnt win :(

Awful conditions to play in. How many penalties did Farrell miss in the end ?

3 i think, must be the first time for years since that happened to him.

Englands new scrum-half didnt look very good to me and barely seemes involved.

Best game of the year and its been pish.

33 minutes ago, McFly said:

3 i think, must be the first time for years since that happened to him.

Englands new scrum-half didnt look very good to me and barely seemes involved.

Best game of the year and its been pish.

Was never going to be a classic in that weather unfortunately. Both teams had the same problem England had last week - stupid errors at vital moments. But they had a better excuse for it this week. Agreed, Willi Heinz didn’t look very inspired; Youngs played much better when he came on.

Haven’t watched England Scotland game yet but Wales were disappointing. Not enough build up play and they didn’t deal with Ireland’s aggression quickly enough. Ireland were so fast off the line and we looked like we were back peddling from the kick-off. Tompkins made some bad missed tackles but also put in one enormous hit and some of his running lines were good. He probably deserves and needs another start though. Fair play to Ireland, they stuck with what worked and did it very well. 

That was a hugely impressive improvement in performance from Ireland, but think it was coupled with what Matt said a shakey wales performance. Only saw glimpse of it. G.North seems off it completely?? 

Didnt see any of the Calcutta, thankfully by sounds of it. I'll enjoy seeing what France turn up tomorrow and if they can keep the consistency. 

Switched on the Scotland-England game just in time to see Hogg fumble the ball back over his own line. Don't know why they gave the five-metre scrum instead of an England try, but it didn't matter with Genge's drive to score.

Not if you’re Welsh! 

France played with so much aggression, Wales ignored the basics again and the ref was awful.

Ref wasn't great but there were a few marginal calls that could have gone either way. France probably deserved it more though. 

I'm in Bordeaux with friends for ther game, France totally deserve that win by far the better team and the singing and comraderie between rugby fans here in the bars was amazing. 

England totally dominated that game, Ireland barely had a sniff and we're on course for a big final weekend right now. 

Congrats England, Ireland and Scotland on the wins. 

That hurt.

Not that we were beaten by England but the manner in which we performed. Some serious questions to be asked of the "old guard" players here.

Final wkend will be interesting. However England v Wales takes on a whole new level next round..loser is totally out of the running. 

Irish Dept. of Health are recommending the Ireland - Italy game not go ahead.