Rugby thread (6 Nations, Heineken Cup etc)

Farrell's an odious cunt, isn't he?

Or is that just me?

EDIT: also annoying, the way that the commentators refer to 'scuffles' as if they are just something that happens. They don't just happen, and they generally happen when one player is being a dick, and I think if you did a statistical analysis you would find that Farrell is involved in a lot of 'scuffles'. Honestly, I can't think of a player on any of the other six nation teams who is so intent on off-the-ball nonsense. The only player who comes close is Mike Brown, who is also a dick.

32 minutes ago, Tourist said:

Farrell's an odious cunt, isn't he?

Or is that just me?

EDIT: also annoying, the way that the commentators refer to 'scuffles' as if they are just something that happens. They don't just happen, and they generally happen when one player is being a dick, and I think if you did a statistical analysis you would find that Farrell is involved in a lot of 'scuffles'. Honestly, I can't think of a player on any of the other six nation teams who is so intent on off-the-ball nonsense. The only player who comes close is Mike Brown, who is also a dick.

This also happened at the end of the Spurs - Arsenal match today and the commentator on my feed just said "well that's going to happen at the end of a derby"

No it fucking isn't, that's going to happen if some twat tries to lamp someone.

God I fucking love it when we beat Wales. 

As to all England players being odious, strongly disagree but alright. I'd say there's definitely a higher proportion than in other teams (Farrell, Brown, Hartley obviously) but to be honest that's kinda what I want as an England fan - Lancaster always tried to paint us as noble demons or some stupid shit, doesn't make a difference, the whole rugby world wants our scalps and is determined to hate us either way. Might as well give them something to complain about which is why I get a perverse pleasure in the way EJ runs the team. 25 in 26, can't argue with the results. 

EDIT: I do take slight issue with all England fans being called douchebags though. Hardly a crime to enjoy seeing your team win is it? At least with England fans, most just want to see the team win as supposed to Wales fans who are singularly obsessed with beating England and not much else. Can't be very fulfilling. Oh well, never mind, have another crack next year eh? 

Sorry the douchebag comment was based on my experience with England fans at matches over the past thirty odd years. I'm sure you're not a douchebag and there are definitely England fans who aren't douchebags. But there is definitely a douchebag element among England fans.

Edit: also, your post is the very definition of gracelessness in victory, which is pretty rich given that England only won because of a dodgy tmo decision.

It's because you'd just made three posts slagging off England and their fans and I wanted to needle you. Bit of a footballish thing to do and I think English, Welsh, Irish or even (gulp) Australian, all rugby fans can agree we're better than that :D

There is certainly an element of that amongst the fans but I think that's due to the totally cackhandedness of the RFU in handling growth - so many tickets get thrown at companies now, and in my experience at Twickenham half the seats are filled with arseholes who don't care about the game but are there to get pissed and yell abuse. The RFU sees the money and their eyes light up; trust me, the real England fans don't like it any more than anyone else - it takes tickets away from us and gives us a bad name. 

As an aside, for the dictionary definition of graceless in victory I tend to look to Jiffy - the man had a post-match picture of the 30-3 a few years ago as a profile picture for at least two years (might still do but I'd rather scoop my eyes out with a melonballer than check). 

Dunno. Looks like it came off his finger to me and although Anscombe got his hands to the ball first it's really not clear if he grounds it first - there's space between ball and ground when he touches it, then he loses it for a millisecond, then both their hands are on it. Maybe it's 60-40 a try but it's not exactly crystal clear. 

Stuart Hogg is a bit of a dick isn't he?

Just lots of unnecessary niggle, like he wants to be Farrell or something.

And he reminds me of Geoghegan in that he probably wouldn't get in to any other six nations team, he likes to sidestep and feint and stuff but his end product is rubbish.

2 hours ago, Matt Defis said:

So anyone think Dylan Hartley will get pulled up on this, the English rugby team are a disgrace. 

Perspective, how does it work.

image.thumb.png.c9b1255e93990d91ecac2be0bb1c21e2.png

It's easy to work out that he is nowhere near close to spitting on anyone.  

4 hours ago, Tourist said:

Good work Scotland!

Amen! Hallelujah!

4 hours ago, Tourist said:

Dylan Hartley is beyond pantomime.

Yup, can be a great leader but anyone whose been banned for over 12 months needs a bit of self-examination.