• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed the polls chicken meth distributing mastermind appears to be featuring as the main bad guy in the upcoming sky one series Revolution. He didn't strike me as being bad ass enough. Only a few episodes into season 3 at the moment though, can't believe I didn't give bb a go before the last month. It's fantastic tv.

I do realize actors can play different characters (edited to passify any pedantic arses). If he's pulled it off then obviously a clever piece of casting, it just surprised me when I saw him riding out all Mad max bad guy on horse back.

Just noticed the polls chicken meth distributing mastermind appears to be featuring as the main bad guy in the upcoming sky one series Revolution. He didn't strike me as bad as. Only a few episodes into season 3 at the moment though, can't believe I didn't give bb a go before the last month. It's fantastic tv.

You do realise that actors don't always play the same characters, right?

Just noticed the polls chicken meth distributing mastermind appears to be featuring as the main bad guy in the upcoming sky one series Revolution. He didn't strike me as bad as. Only a few episodes into season 3 at the moment though, can't believe I didn't give bb a go before the last month. It's fantastic tv.

I've seen the first ten episodes of Revolution. He's the best thing about it. Well, him and that I like the look of the leading lady (who's an utterly abysmal actress). Revolution is, erm....fun? Terrible but strangely enjoyable. Similar in cheesiness to Falling Skies, but not quite as good cheesy, and yet, much better than the ultra cheesy and terribly terrible Terra Nova.

If you've got quality shows like BB, Sopranos and The Wire, then Revolution is kind of like how "normal", but decent telly was before the truly great shows arrived.

Or it's shit! I can't decide - but I'm waiting for episode 11! (And season 3 of Falling Skies, to boot).

Hah. Not even so bad it's good territory? I think I can forgive it a bit because I'm nuts for any sort of post-apocalyptic stuff, but, yes, it ain't all that!

Anyway, sorry for digressing. As much of a Breaking Bad fan that I am, I can't remember when it comes back! May? Please tell me it's May!

So I started re-watching this from season 1 last night for the third time, and amazes me how much detail I didn't pick-up on/forget on the first couple of watch throughs.

Some bits I spotted from the first episode (sorry if these points are very obvious):

- Veggie bacon for breakfast, styled into a 50 for Walt’s birthday. (Veggie bacon being a sign that some of Walt’s smallest pleasures have been taken away from him, and more importantly as soon as he has hit 50).

- Walt is asked to wash cars at the car wash, and is begrudgingly washing one of his pupil’s Dodge Challenger, the same model of car he buys himself later in season 5.

- We see Walt speaking to his class, and he says the following couple of lines when explaining what Chemistry is about.

"That's all of life, right? The constant…

(shrug)

The cycle. Solution, dissolution, over and over.

Growth, decay. Transformation"

Growth, decay. Transformation - something we are going to see a lot of from Walt himself over the next five seasons.

And a few more observations that have come back to me, again sorry if these are obvious.

- We see Walt walking on a ‘step-machine’ and he takes a look at his certificate of contribution a Nobel Prize project. This shot symbolises how Walt had so much potential within his field, but is now ‘going no-where’.

- Walt is intimidated by Hank’s gun at his own birthday party, and again when he tries to kill himself after the RV crash - he fires with no ammo, and then makes the gun fire to the floor after fiddling with it, eventually giving up on using the gun. Later that day after these events, Walt gives Skyler a right old rodgering and she surprisingly says "Walt, is that you?!". After recent events, Walt has already started to grow into ‘a real man/Heisenburg’, his transformation has begun.

Did you continue watching?

No, I mean I can't imagine what else happens. What can happen? We know what will happen, he will die of cancer. They shouldn't have done that as it gives the end away. Classic text book scripting mistake.

Here's a spoiler: He doesn't die.

So the cancer thing was just a cheap plot device to get people watching. Then people started watching and they were like 'Oh, we can't kill the star of the show. That would be mad.'

So the cancer thing was just a cheap plot device to get people watching. Then people started watching and they were like 'Oh, we can't kill the star of the show. That would be mad.'

Okay, let's say he is going to die of cancer. The show isn't called "Coping With Cancer", it's called "Breaking Bad". Just give it a go.