rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Timmo

Good crisp bad crisp

On 31/01/2019 at 19:25, cubik said:

My new favourite thing:

IDShot_540x540.jpg

They're great. They taste exactly like something else I've had, can't think what though.

These are glorious. A real advance in snack texture too, sort of folded on itself for maximum crunch. They're made by Tayto here in Ireland, which as any true crisp fan knows, invented flavoured crisps:

Screen-Shot-2019-03-04-at-14.43.29.png

Good article on flavoured crisps here:

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2020/jan/14/so-long-salt-and-vinegar-how-crisp-flavours-went-from-simple-to-sensational

• Upvote 1

The notion of Tyrrell's making Co-Op crisps was raised a while back when I brought up the subject of the incrediblenessness of the latter.  But I am telling you, fucking telling you, even if that is the case the Co-Op Irresistible S&V ones have always had five times the power of Tyrrells weak attempt.

• Upvote 1

Another non-crisp salt and vinegar alternative are these from Sainsbury's. They're pretty pokey. Nice textures, but other than the smack of S&V I'm not sure how much I like them. I'm really struggling to stop eating them though...

sAndV01.jpg.4e8fefb42ac957087cb02c303a3ab168.jpg

2 hours ago, Horribleman said:

Is the flavouring strong

It's up there. It's not Coop strength, but it beats most of the pretenders. If I'm caught unawares by a particularly spiteful one it can make me squint a little.

• Upvote 2

unnamed.png.4e4d792a9a7e34d0d90f97d79d4d3f16.png

Mackie's Haggis crisps are my new favourite find. Found them cheap in B&M's near me a while back and subsequently chugged the lot whilst watching an episode of Viking's the other night. 

I am not a Haggis conisseuir btw, but these taste sublime with a nice satisfying thickness to the crisp (don't think I have tried this brand before but assume the thickness is the same with other flavours).

On 08/02/2020 at 21:13, Jg15 said:

unnamed.png.4e4d792a9a7e34d0d90f97d79d4d3f16.png

Mackie's Haggis crisps are my new favourite find. Found them cheap in B&M's near me a while back and subsequently chugged the lot whilst watching an episode of Viking's the other night. 

I am not a Haggis conisseuir btw, but these taste sublime with a nice satisfying thickness to the crisp (don't think I have tried this brand before but assume the thickness is the same with other flavours).

Gads. Mackie's are absolute trash level crisps, and I say that as a huge fan of their ice cream and a local bias. Just hate the texture and the flavours are always underwhelming.