Timmo

Good crisp bad crisp

Good crisp: Somerfield Thai Sweet Chili (so much better than Sensations, then again any other brand I've tried is.)

Bad crisp: Walkers BBQ Rib (Horrible.)

Good crisp: Tesco Finest Lightly Salted. Just 3 ingreients listed. Potatoes, sunflower oil, salt. Gorgeous.

Bad crisp: Wotsits. They stopped being good when I realised they taste like reconstituted shit and make me mucky.

Good crisp: Brannigan's Roast Beef and Mustard (although they're harder to find around here than they used to be. :) )

Bad crisp: Chipsticks. Not bad when I was a kid, but nowadays very messy and greasy and horrible.

Good crisp - Walkers Worstershire sauce French Fries. I never though a bad of crisps that have under 100 calories could be so good.

Bad crisp - Burts Jalapano and Lemon - a nice crisp, but they give you gut rot!

Good crisp: Burts Chips Firecracker Lobster - Best crisps in the whole world.

Bad crisp: McCoy's BBQ Steak flavour - Have any of you numpties at McCoy's ever BEEN to a BBQ?

Good crisp: Burts Chips Firecracker Lobster - Best crisps in the whole world.

Bad crisp: McCoy's BBQ Steak flavour - Have any of you numpties at McCoy's ever BEEN to a BBQ?

Where can these be purchased? WANT

Where can these be purchased? WANT

They are a seasonal flavour, I'm afraid. I think the scampi one has replaced them for now, but I am hoping they are being brought back next spring/summer.

Good: Seabrooks prawn cocktail

They're amazing! I used to love going to my aunties as a kid because she always had them in and I could never get them where I lived!

Good crisp - Brannigans Beef and Mustard. I haven't seen these around for a couple of years though, more's the pity.

Bad crisp - Pickled Onion Space Raiders. Disgusting.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I tried a fancy brand they sell in Greggs, can't remember the name. They were pretty flavourless. I'll give your beloved Somerfield ones a try tomorrow.

Good crisp: Brannigan's Roast Beef and Mustard (although they're harder to find around here than they used to be. :) )

I saw some of these the other day! They're part of theeeeeee........McCoy brand? I think...

EDIT: Having trouble finding owt on the net. I didn't dream them, they were delicious! They tasted exactly the same as before :D And Wikipedia says they're hard to get. Damnit! Nicest crisps ever and I can only find them in fucking Doncatraz.

My corner shop sells those Brannigans - I always have a couple of bags in. :lol:

Good crisp: Golden Wonder Salt n Vinegar - it's a shame they are the underdog to Walkers as their crisps pack much more flavour.

Bad Crisp: Scampi Nik Naks - AKA Fanny Snacks. They stink of ripe minge.

• Upvote 1

Good crisp: Brannigan's Roast Beef and Mustard (although they're harder to find around here than they used to be. :lol: )

Oh yes, my favourite crisps. They sold them in my student shop which was great. Though that's the only place in town I found them.

Good crisp: Golden Wonder Salt n Vinegar - it's a shame they are the underdog to Walkers as their crisps pack much more flavour.

I hear that, brother. Walkers seem to get a little worse each year, somehow. They used to be ok, a brand Gary Lineker was happy to validate with his cheeky smile. They kept him calm, and helped him go his whole career without getting booked. I heard that they gave him super powers. And now he's dead.

I think it's the new craze about weight loss or something. I think the crisps have -4 calories a bag nowadays. Get some lard in there, boys. I want my crisps smothered in tasty, tasty fat. Mmm.

In reference to Walkers crisps

the crisps in the packets can be the same as Marks and Spencers. The reason for that is that we used to produce the M&S order first thing on a Monday.

This meant that the packaging lines had just been cleaned down. As we had some complaints from M&S customers of gunge being found in the packets, which had come off the packaging belts, it was decided to run the packaging lines with Walkers crisps for the first couple of hours so that if there was any gunge left, it would go into the Walkers packets, and the M&S packets would be okay.

For all those people hankering after Roast Beef & Mustard Brannigans, I saw that posh-crisp-maker Tyrells have the same flavour available in Waitrose. Different texture (not as thick cut or unnervingly perfect-looking as Brannigans), but still rather tasty.

I found an even rarer Brannigans flavour in a corner shop near my work recently. Smoked ham and pickle (a strange pink bag).

The only time I remember eating them before when I was underage drinking in a pub near my parents house. That was about a decade and a half ago now so brought back fond memories. :( They do 'come back' on you later though. :(

Maybe Brannigans are branching out again? I hope so. The beef and mustard is the prince of crisps.

I tried a fancy brand they sell in Greggs, can't remember the name. They were pretty flavourless. I'll give your beloved Somerfield ones a try tomorrow.

Was it Tirrals crisps? Never had them but we keep doing seminar work on them at uni for some reason...

I found an even rarer Brannigans flavour in a corner shop near my work recently. Smoked ham and pickle (a strange pink bag).

The only time I remember eating them before when I was underage drinking in a pub near my parents house. That was about a decade and a half ago now so brought back fond memories. :( They do 'come back' on you later though. :(

Maybe Brannigans are branching out again? I hope so. The beef and mustard is the prince of crisps.

I have fond memories of B&M Brannigans from years ago, doing the pub quiz with my dad over an illegal ale or two.

Had some not so long ago and they weren't as nice as I remember.