Sign in to follow this  
Capwn

24 : TwentyFour

I had this dream last night that Jack Bauer was in a forest fighting samurai and was using a sword himself. True.

So, was looking at wiki for some info, found this...

According to a TV Guide interview with co-executive producer Manny Coto, "Jack starts next season in a very different place than any season so far. Let's put it this way: I wouldn't be surprised if there's no CTU next year." He also says that "There will not be a ticking clock on a nuclear device. We're hewing much closer to real life: tighter, more personal, more difficult for Jack. There may even be a plot thread that doesn't take place on U.S. soil. In a sense, it's a reboot — in location and personnel. We're going to be introducing a new stable of characters, along with a couple of old ones. Jack's not living under an alias. He's found a place he thinks he belongs and a job he enjoys doing that doesn't involve the government. What's also refreshing is the choice of villain: It's not a Muslim terrorist. In fact, it's not a terrorist at all. And the character is fascinating, someone with a supremely dark past who's done something horrific and whose ambition is to regain his stature in the world."
Fox President Peter Liguori said: "We’ve really heard what the loyal audience has said to us. The good news is simply this: It has really fuelled the show runners to be more daring with what they're going to do next year.
Director Jon Cassar and 24 executive producers Evan Katz, Manny Coto, and David Fury made some revelations at the Comic-con '07 about season 7. They stated that the show will now officially take place in D.C., and that CTU no longer exists since it was disbanded by the government. Also, they stated that at the beginning of the season Jack will be appearing before the Senate Committee to answer questions about his actions in the past, some of which they think may have been criminal
Gregory Itzin was told by Howard Gordon that his character Charles Logan is not dead and could return in the upcoming season
Elisha Cuthbert has said that she wants to play Kim again.

Saved the best one for last!...

According to Fox's 24 Official Site, measures will be taken during filming and production of season 7 to save energy and reduce enough carbon emissions through the whole season to make the season finale "carbon neutral". Howard Gordan said that '24' cares about the issue of global warming. They take fighting climate change seriously. A number of ways that the production intends to save energy are listed on the site. Some of which are: using a combination of petroleum diesel and biodiesel instead of regular diesel fuel, creating a series of PSAs with Keifer Sutherland and other main cast members to educate the public on what they can do to help with the issue, and, when appropriate, applying the issue of global warming and reducing carbon emissions to the storylines

Bring it on!

im glad CTU is gone. Infact I would love it if it was based in the jungle or something, i want it to be more action based than s6 which was boring most of the time.

Get rid of boring characters, keep a few though so people are familar with the show still. I liked how they did S3 with the druglords etc thought that was great.

They stated that the show will now officially take place in D.C.,

:unsure:

They're really MIXING THINGS UP!

A move from L.A is good, but D.C. is practically the fucking same. Take it out of the US please Fox!

I dunno why they make such a big deal about setting it in one American city rather than another. Every season LA's just been an anonymous background for stuff to happen in so I don't see how setting it in Washington or New York will change things, short of showing dramatic shots of Capitol Hill or the Statue of Liberty or something.

According to Fox's 24 Official Site, measures will be taken during filming and production of season 7 to save energy and reduce enough carbon emissions through the whole season to make the season finale "carbon neutral". Howard Gordan said that '24' cares about the issue of global warming. They take fighting climate change seriously. A number of ways that the production intends to save energy are listed on the site. Some of which are: using a combination of petroleum diesel and biodiesel instead of regular diesel fuel, creating a series of PSAs with Keifer Sutherland and other main cast members to educate the public on what they can do to help with the issue, and, when appropriate, applying the issue of global warming and reducing carbon emissions to the storylines

i can see it now - a medium speed car chase through downtown DC in a Toyota Prius :unsure:

Jack Bauer "GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES!!!, by the way your using a high energy lightbulb when infact you really don't need to be. Using low energy LITEbulbs you can achieve the same level of lighting using only 20% of the energy opposed to the standard lightbulb...NOW GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES, NOW!!"

i can see it now - a medium speed car chase through downtown DC in a Toyota Prius :lol:

God, it'll be like those awful season 5 and 6 prequel sequences where a heavily emphasised and praised Toyota vehicle is used for getaways and transport, but even worse, with the added messages about climate change shoved down our throats too.

DAMMIT!

But yeah to address bilco on the matter, I think the LA setting is starting to get tiresome. It's getting to the point where i'm recognising streets and buildings from other seasons, or perhaps identical looking ones. It would just be far more interesting to see events unfold in, say, Manhattan for once, a decided different locale in some ways. But ideally they'd take it out of the US, seems unlikely due to budget and lack of appeal to the core US audience though, unfortunately. Was dissappointed to hear they scrapped the Africa idea.

Just seen the Season 6 box art on Play:

3256488x.jpg

Bit odd, what's with the weird washed-out, random colour effect and picture of Jack having an intense orgasm taking up half the box? The lack of characters on the box is an odd change too, I would at least expect Wayne, Fayed or Jack's daddy to be on there. At least they're going for the no-spoilers approach though, the fact Tony was on the front of the Season 4 box-set is ridiculous.

Anyway it's out soon, and though Season 6 is clearly a large let down after the legendary 5, I think it was underrated. It certainly had it's moments, no matter how hit and miss it was, and personally, I think it had one of the best endings (the last 10 minutes or so anyway) of any of the seasons, even though the rest of the finale was distinctly average and predictable. Will probably pick it up when it's released, it's probably far better as a season when all episodes (or at least a run of episodes) can be viewed back to back. Watching it week by week certainly did it no favours, considering the inconsistent quality of each episode.

Some new info I found...

According to Jon Cassar, Kim Raver may return to reprise her role as Audrey Raines in the upcoming season

Well that would be stupid, I felt the end of season 6 perfectly wrapped up the jack and audrey story perfectly. So much for being daring...

Gary Oldman has turned down a villain role for season 7 of 24. Though the original source (TV Guide's Ausiello) has since retracted his statement, making it a possibilty that Oldman is still considering the role.

Well that could be nice, but even so you just know he would be a little 2-4 episode baddy like the role that was intended for eddie izzard in last season.

It is almost certain that Carlo Rota will play at least a small role in the season, seeing as at the end of the previous season, his character Morris got back together with Chloe, who was expecting his baby.

can't wait for the baby getting kidnapped story!!

At Comic Con 2007, the producers hinted that Tony Almeida may be alive. This has caused many fans to believe that Carlos Bernard will return for this season.

what?

Anyway it's out soon, and though Season 6 is clearly a large let down after the legendary 5, I think it was underrated. It certainly had it's moments, no matter how hit and miss it was, and personally, I think it had one of the best endings (the last 10 minutes or so anyway) of any of the seasons, even though the rest of the finale was distinctly average and predictable. Will probably pick it up when it's released, it's probably far better as a season when all episodes (or at least a run of episodes) can be viewed back to back. Watching it week by week certainly did it no favours, considering the inconsistent quality of each episode.

Even though it was the worst season it isn't as bad as some people made it out to be. I have a feeling that I'll appreciate the season more when watching it on DVD. I just want to see the first four episodes and the Fayed conclusion episode again as those were truly some of my favourite episodes of the entire show.

Oh and Tony is dead, I think the producers wanted to give hardcore fans a hard-on over the thought of him being alive.

Apparently the new President is a woman, the actress taking the role being Cherry Jones. It's on wikipedia but i'm not sure how reliable it is exactly. Could be interesting. Surely that Tony Almeda thing is bullshit? As much as I loved the guy, I think i'd die a little inside if they revealed he was really alive, with a shitty, convoluted explanation to boot.

yeah I prefer day 6 to day 4. From best to worst...

day 5

day 1

day 3

day 2

day 6

day 4

Correct, though i'd probably be more specific and say 3 was my favourite, then 5, 1, 6, 2, 4.

I think everyone's agreed on the fact that 4 is the worst season though.

Correct, though i'd probably be more specific and say 3 was my favourite, then 5, 1, 6, 2, 4.

3 is my favourite too, loved it.

3 is my favourite too, loved it.

It's hard to put my finger exactly on what made it so great. Perhaps the fact that it mainly centred around drug lords, which was a welcome change to "terrorist wanting to destroy the west" plots. The Chase and Jack team was brilliant as well, and I suppose inclusion of Kim in a half-decent role was a plus point of the season, too. They tried something different with the ending too, which was welcomed by me.

Right on the money there, Chaz. Chase and Salazar made it legendary. The Russian roulette scene. Bad Jack. God, it was awesome. :wub: That and season 5 tie for first place with me, followed very closely by season 1.

I'm not. 4 is my favourite. Probably because it was the first season I watched. All brand new to me!!

Interesting interview revealing some info about the now dropped africa idea,

What exactly was in store for Jack in Africa? Gordon reveals for the first time that it began with Bauer working at a Habitat for Humanity-type place.

"He was at a humanitarian work project, but he was merely visiting a friend of his who had made his life there," explains Gordon. "Jack was wandering and finding where he belongs in the world. On one level, his friend says, ‘If you think you’re going to find penance here, you’re not going to find it.’ Jack actually has been there for a couple of months, and we learn he has been wandering the world basically trying to find a place to belong and looking for penance and realizes he’s not going to find it anywhere, so he gets caught up in a coup and has a BLACK HAWK DOWN kind of moment."

The other shocking revelation was the series would have broken its 24 hour, real-time rule for the first time in the series history.

"We were going to do a time jump twelve hours ahead and have Jack Bauer in Africa for a couple of hours in real-time and then jump it forward long enough to get back to America," says Gordon. "So we were going to defy the real-time thing."

http://www.ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=2257