Sign in to follow this  
Capwn

24 : TwentyFour

Also, when they couldn't just cut off his internet because he was in a "secure room".

To be fair, it is at least possible that the US Embassy would have a totally secure comms room just in case.

I think they performed an emergency clone of Jack in the back of a van and then Chloe transferred his consciousness using a data key while holding off a Chinese hit squad.

That does sound completely plausible for this show.

There was the absolute BEST bit of dialogue in this episode to explain the ridiculously slow upload: 'It only has a single core processor!'

Not being able to upload something because it's encrypted is such a weird excuse for the dramatic tension. I think 24 is at its best when it's not trying too hard to explain anything, or you'll start seeing plot holes everywhere. It's taking that long because Jack hasn't said "GODDAMMIT" enough times yet!

I'm enjoying the Sarah Walker x Jack Bauer theme, hope they play that up in the coming episodes, Jack's sidekicks have typically been thoroughly rubbish (fucking Chase, and the ever-crying Renee Walker).

Also, when they couldn't just cut off his internet because he was in a "secure room".

He wasn't using the internet, he was using the BauerNet, where IP address components can be more than 255.

• Upvote 3

This moment is still the televisual highlight of the year for me so far:

"You shot two protestors..."

"I barely grazed them."

yH2m9LR.png

Whadda guy.

He was talking about the special forces guys he shot in the vests.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Not being able to upload something because it's encrypted is such a weird excuse for the dramatic tension. I think 24 is at its best when it's not trying too hard to explain anything, or you'll start seeing plot holes everywhere. It's taking that long because Jack hasn't said "GODDAMMIT" enough times yet!

I'm enjoying the Sarah Walker x Jack Bauer theme, hope they play that up in the coming episodes, Jack's sidekicks have typically been thoroughly rubbish (fucking Chase, and the ever-crying Renee Walker).

I am positive she said the words Intersect in the first episode...It may have been intercept, but I can dream.

I really hope they end up having to pop to PC World at some point, where Jeff & Lester are the staff members, with Dr Roboto playing in the background.

It was blatantly that place in Temple but that said, the Commons does have a similar kind of hall for visiting dignitaries that it uses (Angela Merkel addressed the House from it not long ago), it was not supposed to be the main chamber of the House, though it's understandable why some might think so.

Thought the last two episodes were a bit shit (I wish Chloe would pack up her make-up and fuck off, along with that terribly-written hacker group), but I really enjoyed episode 5!

Less of that pseudo-hacking rubbish and a bit more action for once. Not much Bauer, but it was a great setup episode.

• Upvote 1

Would the CIA really have the freedom for a huge armed response unit to just go running off around the English countryside without at least linking up with MI5 in some capacity? But then, it is 24. So I let it go. Still, in a way, I'm glad. It would only mean MI5 would be portrayed as bumbling buffoons next to their CIA hotshot counterparts.

When this season finishes

We are going to get new seasons with Sarah Walker (she will always be Sarah Walker) as the lead aren't we and if so :omg:

I'm currently re-watching season 4 due to this thread. Up to episode 17. I'd completely wiped it from my memory because it came before the greatest season of television put on this earth.

S04E17

I had it in my head that it was engaging enough; not one of the weakest seasons, but nothing special. But it'd completely forgotten the whole:

-Their plan is to kill the Secretary of Defense!!

oh, no, wait...that's a diversion, they're actually trying to...

-meltdown every nuclear power plant on US soil!!!

oh, wait, no...they knew the authorities would deal with most of that in time, the real goal is to...

-fucking blow up airforce one and steal a page out of some book in the nuclear football!!!!111!!!!1

Forgot how much I love this dumbfuck show. Resigned myself to re-watching season 5. Can't get enough season 5.

I'm currently re-watching season 4 due to this thread. Up to episode 17. I'd completely wiped it from my memory because it came before the greatest season of television put on this earth.

S04E17

I had it in my head that it was engaging enough; not one of the weakest seasons, but nothing special. But it'd completely forgotten the whole:

-Their plan is to kill the Secretary of Defense!!

oh, no, wait...that's a diversion, they're actually trying to...

-meltdown every nuclear power plant on US soil!!!

oh, wait, no...they knew the authorities would deal with most of that in time, the real goal is to...

-fucking blow up airforce one and steal a page out of some book in the nuclear football!!!!111!!!!1

Forgot how much I love this dumbfuck show. Resigned myself to re-watching season 5. Can't get enough season 5.

I'm right about where you are. I swear it feels like I need to be high/drunk to get the most of this now.

It'll be higher on your list of "oh crumbs" final episodes than the last season.

edit: hope you realise you're supposed to laugh. This isn't a Michael Bay thing; they're secretly in on the joke.

I'm not liking this season. :(

I'm quite the opposite. This feels to me like it might be the strongest season since 5. Very pleasantly surprised because I had a strong hunch that bringing it back was going to be a mistake. Strahovski is so much better in this than she was in Dexter, Margot's the best baddie they've had in ages and the pacing has been really good so far.

Yeah I'm quite enjoying this season. Thought yesterday's episode was quite good although previous two were a bit luke warm.

Think 12 episodes is about right for this though.

I'm quite the opposite. This feels to me like it might be the strongest season since 5. Very pleasantly surprised because I had a strong hunch that bringing it back was going to be a mistake. Strahovski is so much better in this than she was in Dexter, Margot's the best baddie they've had in ages and the pacing has been really good so far.

How long before she gets sidelined though, and the real conspiracy is revealed... a bunch of suits skyping each other on their laptops. I hope that doesn't happen.

That always seemed to happen at around the 12 episode midpoint anyway, which presumably won't happen this series. That's what I like about this one - it feels like we're deep into the story already.

Enjoying but it does all feel like a retread rather than the reboot I was hoping for. Was actually hoping it would be more in line with Homelands S1 but nope, just a new baddy and location.

I liked the exchange between Jack and Heller, as well as Kim. It touched on how likable Jack's character is and reminded me of how good an actor Keifer can be.

There was the absolute BEST bit of dialogue in this episode to explain the ridiculously slow upload: 'It only has a single core processor!'

Just watched this weeks' episode.

"Get to a computer with a 4G network, I'll walk you through the rest."

Fair enough for plot expediency they had her upload from the car, but what a ridiculous thing to say. :lol:

• Upvote 2