Nail your flag to a mast

The ps3 is in a market where it cannot yet flourish. It'll find its stride, but the market is working more heavily against it than ANYONE anticipated.

It'll find its stride when its cost comes down.

We all anticipated that.

As an aside I really don't get people saying "oh it's too much money" we have all, and I mean all, spent ridiculous amounts on gaming - Spending another £400 on a console really isn't a massive amount in the scheme of things.

Not when theres another console that can currently do the same things in gaming - cheaper.

It has the most exciting looking games released and more on the horizion and it's far cheaper.

I can not wait for Team Ico's next game and GT5 however, as the PS3 is forced 50hz on SDTV I wont buy one intill I get a HDTV. But I wont buy intill HD is more setteled with a Movie format settled on, more widepread TV and cheaper prices.

So not for some time yet I'm affraid.

It has the most exciting looking games released and more on the horizion and it's far cheaper.

I can not wait for Team Ico's next game and GT5 however, as the PS3 is forced 50hz on SDTV I wont buy one intill I get a HDTV. But I wont buy intill HD is more setteled with a Movie format settled on, more widepread TV and cheaper prices.

So not for some time yet I'm affraid.

The 360 does have some excellent games coming out for it at the end of 2007, but in terms of 2008 there is nothing exciting. There wasn't even anything announced at E3 concerning 2008. Microsoft were questioned by the media (1up, IGN, Kotaku, etc) why nothing was announced for 2008 and there answer was we don't need to just now i.e. some bullshit corporate answer.

2008 is when all the big guns are coming out the PS3, MS will need to get the finger out and show something positive for next year (and i'm not talking about some milked Halo franchise).

If i were a 360 owner i'd be saying: right, cool, i'm sorted for this year, but what about next?

Yeah, but that's multiplatform i.e. you can get it on PC, therefore you don't need to fork out £279.99 to play it.

Unless you dont have a PC therefore I dont need to fork out the £500+ to play it.

That's why I'm still waiting for GTR2. *Crosses fingers*

Yeah, but that's multiplatform i.e. you can get it on PC, therefore you don't need to fork out £279.99 to play it.

You'll be paying that just for a graphics card that'll play it on PC.

Your missing the point, most/vast majority of people already have PC's in there home, so its a £39.99 purchase.

I think you're the one missing the point, while everyone does have a PC barely anyone has a decent gaming rig, particuarly one that can run Alan Wake at a level approaching the 360 version.

Your missing the point, most/vast majority of people already have PC's in there home, so its a £39.99 purchase.

I'm not missing the point, I was waiting for you to reply with exactly that and hopefully realise your own non-point in doing so. I doubt even a quarter of people have machines in their home good enough to run Alan Wake to any decent standard, it's no where near the (vast) majority - and even then it's not like people don't already have 360s in their homes for other reasons/games, it's not a £280 purchase for Alan Wake.

The 360 does have some excellent games coming out for it at the end of 2007, but in terms of 2008 there is nothing exciting. There wasn't even anything announced at E3 concerning 2008. Microsoft were questioned by the media (1up, IGN, Kotaku, etc) why nothing was announced for 2008 and there answer was we don't need to just now i.e. some bullshit corporate answer.

2008 is when all the big guns are coming out the PS3, MS will need to get the finger out and show something positive for next year (and i'm not talking about some milked Halo franchise).

If i were a 360 owner i'd be saying: right, cool, i'm sorted for this year, but what about next?

Microsoft never announce their next-year line-ups too far in advance as it can detract from the interest in their current line-up for the Christmas coming up. Third-party-wise we've got Alan Wake due as well as other titles like Mass Effect which may slip (first-party I think).

The console has been reduced below that and generally comes with about two or three games for that price. Oh, and since when are PCs cheaper than 360s?

A PC capable of playing Alan Wake? Me no thinkie so! You seem to be arguing very heavily against the 360, perhaps it's because you've got nothing better to do as your PS3 is sitting dormant with no games to play on it. :lol: I feel for you.

Microsoft never announce their next-year line-ups too far in advance as it can detract from the interest in their current line-up for the Christmas coming up. Third-party-wise we've got Alan Wake due as well as other titles like Mass Effect which may slip (first-party I think).

The console has been reduced below that and generally comes with about two or three games for that price. Oh, and since when are PCs cheaper than 360s?

A PC capable of playing Alan Wake? Me no thinkie so! You seem to be arguing very heavily against the 360, perhaps it's because you've got nothing better to do as your PS3 is sitting dormant with no games to play on it. :lol: I feel for you.

You can pick up a decent PC for buttons now. As i said before, you don't need a 360 to play Alan Wake, you can play it on the PC (saving yourself £279.99). Simple as...

You seem to be arguing very heavily against the 360, perhaps it's because you've got nothing better to do as your PS3 is sitting dormant with no games to play on it. :wub: I feel for you.

wow, where the hell did that come from? You sound like some baldy bastard anorak.

User was warned for this post.

You can pick up a decent PC for buttons now. As i said before, you don't need a 360 to play Alan Wake, you can play it on the PC (saving yourself £279.99). Simple as...

wow, where the hell did that come from? You sound like some baldy bastard anorak.

A decent PC that plays Alan Wake is going to cost you about £600. A 360 doesn't cost £280. How does that not get through to you?

Playing it on a PC doesn't save you any money, it costs you £280 for the graphics card alone to play the game as you'll need to buy a new one. Whether the processor you have will cope with it is doubtful, whether the PSU you have will cope with the graphics card is doubtful, and whether the motherboard has the space or indeed the connector for it is unsure either, as most don't get PCs from places which allow big upgrades, or any at all.

You're the anorak here, constantly belittling a console because you're upset about the one you own. :lol:

You just proved what I thought you'd do, ignore the rest of my post completely because you're so very out of your depth and have no argument for trying to put down the 360, except for repeating the same bollocks over and over.

To be fair, your as bad as the dude! No offence.

I seem to remember you going on equally ill-informed anti-360 rants not so long ago.

And? There machines, not people. GET OVER IT.

You just proved what I thought you'd do, ignore the rest of my post completely because you're so very out of your depth and have no argument for trying to put down the 360, except for repeating the same bollocks over and over.

Jesus, they're mass market consumer electronics not political ideologies.

I wonder if there are forums dedicated to rivalry amongst toaster owners?

toaster.jpg

I'm nailing my flag to the Breville sandwich maker :lol:

Jesus, they're mass market consumer electronics not political ideologies.

I wonder if there are forums dedicated to rivalry amongst toaster owners?

toaster.jpg

I'm nailing my flag to the Breville sandwich maker :lol:

Meanwhile, Russell Hobbs took the approach that you didn't really need to do four slices of different thickness bread at once, and have run away with the market! I was round at my mates house the other day - he never really bothered heating up bread - but there, in the kitchen was a Hobbs 1471A Toaster, and two slices of smouldering Hovis next to it.

PS3. I can't quite shake the feeling that the 360 is mostly about guns, explosions and burly men. This year's line-up certainly seems to be. Mass Effect? Bioshock? Halo 3? No thanks. I mean, if you like games like that, it makes perfect sense to get a 360. If you don't ... is there really any point? The only next-gen title I'm remotely excited about is the new Team ICO game. If that wasn't Sony first party, the PS3 could go fuck itself too.

Hm. I seem to have turned into Escape. But it's true. Games suck.