The Man Utd Thread

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/170047.html

Manchester United's share price has dropped to $12 - its lowest price yet and giving the club a valuation 40% less than the Glazers had hoped.

Ten per cent of United's shares were put up for sale on the New York Stock Exchange last month with their American owners hoping to achieve a price of $20 each, which would have valued the club at $3.3 billion.

But they only received $14 a share at first, and even that was down to the financial institutions who had underwritten the Initial Public Offering (IPO).

Since then, prices have slipped further and reached the $12 barrier at midday on Thursday in New York - giving United a value of $2 billion (just over £1.2 billion).

The Glazers paid around £800 million to complete their takeover in 2005 and, had shares sold at $20 apiece, stood to make a huge profit if the remaining 90% of shares were made available to investors.

However, financial analysts have long warned that United's shares were overpriced and in August, PrivCo, the Private Financial Company Data Authority, said the right value for them was just $4.97 each.

Well it's hardly a big surprise, unless you're a Glazer of course, I expect the share price to be under $10 before the end of the year.....

Back to on field matters; with Shinji and RVP almost certain to be missing, I presume that Nani will be recalled along with Chicharito to partner Welbeck. Hopefully DDG will be back between the sticks too

Blimey having your top two strikers on the sidelines... :doh:

I know it's only one game but does Buttner seem like someone who could finally pose a threat to Evra's nailed-on first team place?

Does Evra seem like someone who could pose a threat to Buttner's nailed-on first team place?

It is only one game against Wigan but he offered everything you'd want from a full-back. And he looks like a total badass. I LIKE IT!

Disappointed to have missed the game this weekend, looked fun. Will miss a lot more games, as I was spending that time flathunting in London. If I hadn't had to move at such short notice, I wouldn't have bought a season ticket this year. I imagine it's not the most difficult thing to get rid of in the world though. Very pleased about the current look of the table; agent Shawcross' work in the field was exemplary. We finally have some competition at left back too!

As some of you said, from the highlights I'm not sure if we were good or Wigan were just shit. Certainly I think Buttner would've been helped by our man advantage on the wing; we're as well equipped to overload a team on the flanks as anyone, bit odd that Martinez didn't try to exploit our relative weakness in the middle instead.

It's definitey a difficult one to judge. I got a bit excited in the second half, as we seemed to really step things up a gear, but in all honesty I think it was probably more to do with Wigan getting tired after pretty much dominating us in the first half. We did look good in parts though, so I'm hoping we're beginning to settle and find a bit of form.

I guess the next month or so will be telling as we've got all the top sides to play. It'd be good to come through it in a good position that'd give us confidence for the rest of the season. I just fear that if we don't fare too well, it'll damage us pretty badly and leave us with a mountain to climb.

Still, should be an interesting part of the season.

Leave it out Chris or I'll ask your 'brother' to read the rules to you.

i dont see whats wrong with this - if people cant mock and have decent banter without being threatened then its a sad state of affairs.

He dived everyone on here would be bitching if another team did it to us. i hate diving as much as the next man, and also quite a big welbeck fan but dont want to see that in the game and happy for all cheats to be pointed at and ridiculed.

i dont see whats wrong with this - if people cant mock and have decent banter without being threatened then its a sad state of affairs.

He dived everyone on here would be bitching if another team did it to us. i hate diving as much as the next man, and also quite a big welbeck fan but dont want to see that in the game and happy for all cheats to be pointed at and ridiculed.

The place would be a better place without him, I'm astonished that people are defending him. Well, apart from his 'brother' obviously.

Yes it was a dive (a very good one I might add, i was screaming for a penalty) but he's not here to discuss that is he, as per his snide remark with the gif. He's here to wind folk up.